When do you think Tesla will begin contacting people for Cybertruck orders?

What month will Tesla first begin to contact people for their Cybertruck order?

• January 2021

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • February 2021

• March 2021

• April 2021

• May 2021

• June 2021

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • July 2021

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • August 2021

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • September 2021

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • October 2021

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • November 2021

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • December 2021

Votes: 9 8.5%

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters

Calamity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
What month do you think Tesla will first begin to contact people for their Cybertruck order?
Sponsored

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
maybe anyone with M3 pre-order experience can chime in?

How early did you get the true configuration and pre-order email from Tesla before taking possession of your M3?

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I thought early orders were going to some employees. It appears to have taken a few months to install a 6100 gigapress in Austin. Tesla just ordered a 8100 gigipress and the foundation hasn't yet started. It is good that there is some initial production line activity in Fremont for the CT but expecting customer units this year seems overly optimistic.
However, put me in the camp of those who believe the production output will far exceed estimates like 100k/year when they get the line perfected.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, they've always sold the first ones to Tesla/SpaceX/Elon-related companies first, so that any hiccups will be dealt with by people invested in the ideals. And close enough to the fold to get it fixed.

I don't expect many outside those companies to get trucks for the first few months. In fact, we will probably not even know they're being served until we see them on the street.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
In fact, we will probably not even know they're being served until we see them on the street.
One exception to that is if the drone flyovers continue then we’ll probably know when Austin factory is producing CTs because there will be footage of the CTs being driven out of the building.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
One exception to that is if the drone flyovers continue then we’ll probably know when Austin factory is producing CTs because there will be footage of the CTs being driven out of the building.
Yeah, but that will be long before there are deliveries.

-Crissa

duck

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Yeah, but that will be long before there are deliveries.

-Crissa
yes, but when do you think an online configurator will be available? much sooner than production for sure.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Tesla would usually start assembly and programming of the automated assembly process in their Fremont facility.

I just don't know if they have the press in Fremont or they'll use the same processes meanwhile like what they used for those units and test vehicles for the launch.

Oct this year was the promise. I pre-ordered on the first hour of the night of the launch but got high number since their site keeps on crashing.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
My guess, for what little it may be worth, is no such contacts this year because the early output will go to those with solid Tesla connections. When that output reaches its fill, I'd say early next year for Americans, mid-year for Canada (I'm an optimist), and the end of 2022 for overseas.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
My guess, for what little it may be worth, is no such contacts this year because the early output will go to those with solid Tesla connections. When that output reaches its fill, I'd say early next year for Americans, mid-year for Canada (I'm an optimist), and the end of 2022 for overseas.
End of 2022! You heartless bastard! (Scandi-noir low color saturation scene: me sitting beside my bike by a mountainous fjord, crying and muttering (politely) in Norwegian)

If I’m perfectly serious and honest with myself though your estimate for overseas shipments may sadly be too optimistic.

I agree that they’ll get some on the road this year but not for anyone with less than 3 million subscribers on YouTube? (or at Tesla).

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
End of 2022! You heartless bastard! (Scandi-noir low color saturation scene: me sitting beside my bike by a mountainous fjord, crying and muttering (politely) in Norwegian)

If I’m perfectly serious and honest with myself though your estimate for overseas shipments may sadly be too optimistic.

I agree that they’ll get some on the road this year but not for anyone with less than 3 million subscribers on YouTube? (or at Tesla).
Say that if you don't get the CT in good time, you'll buy a Fjord 150.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Say that if you don't get the CT in good time, you'll buy a Fjord 150.
Haha! Good one, but a Fjord, with a capital F, is a motor boat brand to me. 150 feet seemed a bit over the top ?

Speaking of Scandinavian
sounding cars: If Tesla doesnt export the CT to this early Tesla-loving country, I’ll personally throw down the gauntlet om them and revive the Staværn EV truck factory which used to operate in the next fjord from me?
Tesla Cybertruck When do you think Tesla will begin contacting people for Cybertruck orders? 1618089941109

Or probably not as all 16 entrepreneurial attempts at lasting car production in Norway have failed (https://sciencenorway.no/cars-and-t...ied-to-start-car-production-in-norway/1712966). The most recent and successful was Think EVs in around 2008 with 3000 produced cars. But that went bust just before everybody woke up and wanted EVs.

Now we leave it to other countries and mainly Tesla when it comes to EVs. CT or no CT for Norway, I am very much looking forward to the first of you guys getting yours and starting to post photos and experiences. And I really hope they start shipping this year/very early next year for North America.
Sponsored

Last edited: