Tesla should contact customers in RESERVATION # ORDER, regardless of motor choice... right?

OP
OP
Idea Of The Day

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
My original urgency was based on the fact that my old F-150 was in the shop and getting close to the end of the extended warranty. I normally sell my trucks before the warranty expires, so I hated the rumor that a quick decision to get a dual motor in 2019 would add nearly a year to the delivery.

As it turned out the truck never made it out of the dealer’s shop and I ended up getting a Mach-E to hold me over until either the CyberTruck or the Lightning finally shipped.

Thankfully I finally took delivery of the Lightning. To me, it was not just a matter of patience. I really NEEDED another pickup and didn’t want to get another ICE vehicle. I’m just glad to have a pickup again.

I see it like this: Once production starts in April, we'll get an email stating something like this "You are in delivery tier B6, your Cybertruck will be delivered between August 1st and Sept 15th for the tri motor, between October 15th and November 30th for the dual motor, and December 15th through January 31st for the uni motor (also known as the Cyclops).
Changing your selection won't put you at the back of the line, but may affect deliver by a few months, sooner or later, depending on your original choice.
Nothing else would make sense.
I think you’re right, and that’s what I suggested when I made this original post. The decisions we made in 2019 about the motor choice should not play a role in the order we get called.

I simply hated the idea that somebody who placed a reservation nearly 2 years later could get called before I did simply because they chose a tri-motor.

I’m sure the final plan will involve contacting everyone based on region and place in line, and the choices of options will vary quite a bit from what we were offered in 2019.

I’m not sure what options will be offered, but I’m guessing:

1. The single motor will be eliminated, because dual has become the new base for other models.

2. The Tri motor will be the mainstream upgrade, with the Quad getting a Plaid badge. In addition to the extra motors, they will also include larger batteries and range.

3. Four wheel steering will likely be an option. Not everyone needs it.

4. I think the tri-motor will ship first, giving them more time to tweak the Plaid / Quad.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I hope so. What set me off is the "Google Spreadsheet" everyone is using. When you look at the estimated dates, all the dual motors... even at the very top of the list are WAY later than the tri-motor versions that came months later.
We don’t know what order they will tap people in. Seems like the chaos of launch confusion maybe it makes sense to just go based on order people clicked in. Possible they tap people based on model selection as well. Until it start’s everything is a mystery.

I am pretty sure it won’t make a huge difference because I think they will start the second line within 6 months of the first. But until things start it’s all gray.

The person who did the spreadsheet doesn’t know any more than we do.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla will have their AI recording robots answering your Cybertruck call.

OP
OP
Idea Of The Day

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
wen i regustred few mnths ago no opshun to selact motar, how dat warks?
The removed the configuration options entirely. Most likely it's because the final pricing and specs will change.

This makes you wonder if they're still going to honor the prices quoted in 2019 when those who were asked for a configuration placed their reservation.

Rivian got a lot of backlash when they told customers who placed orders that their prices were going to increase by 20%.

Ford got a similar backlash when they said the 2023 models would be about $7000 more than the 2022 models. Ford's problem wasn't as bad because unlike Rivian, they did honor the prices of customers who converted their "Reservations" to actual "Orders" of the 2022 model. The subtle difference is that a reservation is just a placeholder in line, but an order locks in the configuration and options for a specific price.

With the CT, many of us were shown prices for single, dual and tri-motors as well as locking in a price for Full Self Driving, then were given a choice of motors and whether we wanted FSD. Eventually the price of FSD went up, so the assumption is those who reserved early will get the lower priced FSD... but it does make you wonder if our earlier choice of motors will lock us into a potentially lower price than what will be offered when production actually begins.

Traditionally as production scales, prices go down, so I'm sure Tesla assumed costs for the components would decrease before production. It will be interesting to see the final list of prices and options.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The removed the configuration options entirely. Most likely it's because the final pricing and specs will change.
...Also because they had about five years of orders reserved?

No Tesla model has gone five years without the specs changing.

-Crissa
Sponsored