Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Pickup
Occupation
Construction / Remodeling
Country flag
Will they allow public viewing of the Cybertruck? I want to see it in person.

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Honda Pilot, Lexus sc430
Occupation
Professional Investigator
Country flag
Will they allow public viewing of the Cybertruck? I want to see it in person.
Some showrooms may have floor models... but unlikely with over 700,000 ordered.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck ? Cybertruck Spotted at Giga Texas Plant! + Interior Look with Yoke Steering Wheel and Performance Pedals! 1618856732626

Everyone keeps talking about t-slots and how people at the reveal saw t-slots in the bed... The t-slots is/are that one black line at the top of the bed sidewall. You can distinctly see them when you zoom into the pics that are from this angle. To me it looks like they are an integrated deck rail system like this shown below: That's a core-trax deck rail system. You can quickly anchor those every 1" along the track without tools.
Tesla Cybertruck ? Cybertruck Spotted at Giga Texas Plant! + Interior Look with Yoke Steering Wheel and Performance Pedals! 1618857045685

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I'm really hoping for a factory delete on carpet floors. Give me vinyl or just steel I can spray rhinoliner on or something.
I had the "carpet delete" option both of my trucks. It's awesome... until you spill a large soda and it doesn't fall over your all weather mats...... Don't ask how I know this......

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Everyone keeps talking about t-slots and how people at the reveal saw t-slots in the bed... The t-slots is/are that one black line at the top of the bed sidewall. You can distinctly see them when you zoom into the pics that are from this angle. To me it looks like they are an integrated deck rail system like this shown below: That's a core-trax deck rail system. You can quickly anchor those every 1" along the track without tools.
The L-track system is well understood and not what we're discussing here.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I had the "carpet delete" option both of my trucks. It's awesome... until you spill a large soda and it doesn't fall over your all weather mats...... Don't ask how I know this......
I had a ranger with a bare floor, and the best feature ever - a drain plug. Spill a soda? Or worse, milk? Rinse it out at the car wash lmao.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I had a ranger with a bare floor, and the best feature ever - a drain plug. Spill a soda? Or worse, milk? Rinse it out at the car wash lmao.
The absolute worst thing to spill in a vehicle... Coming home from Sam's Club and a 1 gallon bottle of Dawn dishwashing soap fell over and the pump top broke off. No matter how many times I rinsed it out, it would still suds up when wet.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
The absolute worst thing to spill in a vehicle... Coming home from Sam's Club and a 1 gallon bottle of Dawn dishwashing soap fell over and the pump top broke off. No matter how many times I rinsed it out, it would still suds up when wet.
At least it probably smelled halfway decent. But yeah, I couldn't imagine the amount of water/steam cleaner needed to get that all out.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No, the worst to spill is bleach. I had a bottle slide up against the tail-light assembly in my Nova and the damn thing rolled over and got pierced by a sharp edge on the lamp housing. It made its own drain and I had to replace the tail-light assembly and part of the body.

-Crissa

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
The L-track system is well understood and not what we're discussing here.
But I would garner a guess that the people from the reveal that say they saw t-slots were looking at L-track. That was my point. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, all things not explicitly stated as features by Tesla is conjecture.

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
Drop in T slots are a thing as well. They are not as beefy as full size T slots but are definitely a common T slot fastener. They are thinner, so you slip them in the slot parallel with the groove, then turn them sideways and they can't be removed. You wouldn't need the slots to extend to the end in that case.
I truly hope they do have T-slots in the bed, absolutely love the modularity that brings to the bed.

Elon did joke with both Jay Leno and Joe rogan about being "able to mount a missile launcher or something in the bed". I realize that doesn't automatically mean T slot, but I've got my fingers crossed. That was a huge selling point for me.
Ditto for me as well. I don’t have a missile launcher, but I am hoping to add a pedestal mount for my beltfed.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Love all the leg room. if you had a bench seat, the middle person would be just fine. Or maybe your SO could slide up and sit next to you while riding down the road. Old school. ?
Yup. I tell my wife that seat is for her all the time. I'm more than happy to pretend the pandemic is still going on and we can drive out somewhere remote for a little *ahem* drive-in movie time.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
This appears to be the same prototype that I viewed in person at the Peterson Museum. I can assure members that the vehicle looks MUCH better in person than all of the photographs floating on the internet. Be patient, it will be worth the wait.

I hope we get laminated Alon window glass for the front side windows, a minimum of two color choices for the interior and dashboard and at least a “donut“ spare tire for the first time on a Tesla.

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yup. I tell my wife that seat is for her all the time. I'm more than happy to pretend the pandemic is still going on and we can drive out somewhere remote for a little *ahem* drive-in movie time.
We must be old, mine just views it as using me as a nice pillow while we drive... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :oops: :unsure:
Sponsored