Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I put out roll over cab concept (ROCC) for review by the club. It solves much of the problems you mention. I didn't get much feedback. It is large and light and doesn't affect the aero dynamics of the truck too much. It is patent pending and I am looking for partners to develop further.

Check out the tread. "ROCC for Cybertruck"

Tesla Cybertruck Camp Kitchen (Option?) Transition to forward position
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tesla4KShares

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
Tesla4KShares

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
I put out roll over cab concept (ROCC) for review by the club. It solves much of the problems you mention. I didn't get much feedback. It is large and light and doesn't affect the aero dynamics of the truck too much. It is patent pending and I am looking for partners to develop further.

Check out the tread. "ROCC for Cybertruck"

Transition to forward position.jpg
Hello there,

1. How heavy is the ROCC?
2. How am I suppose to slide that thing to the front?
3. Can it be setup by 1 person?
4. Fig 11b: I don‘t see how I can lift this up by myself here. Please explain.
5. Looks like there are at least 2 external poles involved. How it supposes to connect to the truck?

Let‘s start with those questions first. Thanks.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I like this. They just need to make a version that can accomodate the CT bed. Awesome idea. No designated kitchen means more setup time though which is fine by me.
That is pretty cool. Great for a getting out of the bugs and a little shade. Not much else.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This is all you will need for the Cybertruck. Compact pop up. $379.00

https://www.mogics.com/carsule

65263F69-1D3D-4979-A795-09494C1CFD27.jpeg
If they make this to attach onto the Cybertruck, while giving a level height to the bed, I am buying it as soon as it's on the market.

The only issue I see is that it seems to get it's stability from the door of the trunk. Without that there, there would need to be something on the Cybertruck to actually keep the tent in place. The only other way would be to have the tent have spikes into the ground like a regular tent and might need more spikes due to it's height. Still seems like a good design, I could love to have something like that.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Hello there,

1. How heavy is the ROCC?
2. How am I suppose to slide that thing to the front?
3. Can it be setup by 1 person?
4. Fig 11b: I don‘t see how I can lift this up by myself here. Please explain.
5. Looks like there are at least 2 external poles involved. How it supposes to connect to the truck?

Let‘s start with those questions first. Thanks.
1.) The base hard shell camper plus vestibule tent package is estimated at 575 lbs. of that 414 lbs is the main body which needs to roll over the cab. I may be very conservative here. For instance I have 70 lbs plugged in for a single 600 watt solar panel which I could probably replace that with flexible panels to save some weight. I currently estimate the base configurations plus all options, AC, kitchen, bathroom etc. to weight 749 lbs. Roofnest makes a nice model that weighs 150 lbs. So I think I can reduce the weight some.
2.) All heavy lifting is done with a hand held battery operated drill. There is a rack gear system, gear rollers and gearbox. The tent lifts with an x frame type mechanism like the pop tent trailers. I chose mechanical solutions vs hydraulic and air springs. I think those will be a nightmare in a couple years. I chose durability over speed. The goal for the pop up camper part is true 4 season comfort. 16" of powder snow on the roof will be a design criteria.
3.) Yes an individual can set up the entire system. I estimate 12 minutes for one person. 8 minutes for 2. I have taken great effort to minimize the number of parts. One thing that will help is a shadow board and parts caddy which will be located in one of the side compartments. It is admittedly a little clunky and needs some refinement.
4.) There are a series of steps required to do this, but the drill does the rolling/lifting.
5.) Ideally I would weld some thread-o-lets into the CT. These would basically be flush to the truck when not in use with maybe some little rubber plugs to keep the threads clean. This would be included in the purchase price and I would have a very precise process to make these welds. Think orbital welding. It is possible make a work around without any penetrations, but the former is better.

It also has the " quick mode " which deploys in < 3 minutes and a couple options for traveling and carrying large or longer items that would not ordinarily fit below the tonneau cover or even in the bed space.
Tesla Cybertruck Camp Kitchen (Option?) Screenshot 2021-06-27 112642

Thanks for your interest. There is more info in the ROCC for Cybertruck post.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
All this depends on how many people are travelling in the CT for a camping trip. You might have 6 seats, but accommodating them on the vehicle itself will be difficult. You could probably do 4 adults and 2 adults and 3 kids, but that's about it I think.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Do you mean the six adults getting out ofthe CT? By accommodation I meant sleeping, cooking and seating around a table, but inside whatever is being used as the RV on the CT itself.

Definitely heaps of space in a CT. And a decently packaged RV for it will do 4 adults, or 2 adults and 3-4 kids. 6 adults is really hard tho, needs to be something external on the ground instead then for some of them. Egress is also an issue in either cooking/sleeping mode, and on some trips you might just want to stop and prepare lunch without popping everything up every time.

Last edited:

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
want to get fancy…..mount this on the bed cover and lock the cover in a level position when open. https://www.redtailoverland.com/

this is made in two model sizes. The smaller will fit right into then Cybertruck bed. It is carbon fiber construction and only weighs 225#. When left in the bed and opened up the inflatable tent above can attach right to it. If you need more sleeping space it can be slide out, put on the ground for a couple of kids, and use the truck bed with a mattress for the adults

just a thought…..

Tesla Cybertruck Camp Kitchen (Option?) 7FB0AC86-87D7-4D5F-8693-3ED2C7EB4BF1

Last edited:

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
This is all you will need for the Cybertruck. Compact pop up. $379.00

https://www.mogics.com/carsule

08DAD9D4-0E15-4670-8CBA-5825C56CF58F.jpeg
56A79F8D-F8F4-4E0A-935E-95A45B37C59E.jpeg
B6976D8E-51B9-43BC-B622-427628A0E7B3.jpeg
65263F69-1D3D-4979-A795-09494C1CFD27.jpeg
This is perfect.

I see it mentions magnets though... they'll need other types of fasteners yes?

Also, I wouldn't mind a bigger option too. Maybe a way to join two together. Looks like plenty of room in the truck for two, maybe you'd need some kind of additional structure where they adjoin. Could use the bed for sleeping, the room attached for cooking, food prep etc. and the second area for eating, board games etc.

I could see they may need some different poles by the side near the tailgate as you have no rear hatch to provide support. Then continue the tent canopy all the way over the bed until it partially covers the roof of the CT, then ropes that could attach to the frunk or the front bumper, maybe down the side of the front wheels so to not stop you from opening the frunk. That way you could open the tonneau during the day but it would still have some shade, protection plus more head room in the bed.

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1.) The base hard shell camper plus vestibule tent package is estimated at 575 lbs. of that 414 lbs is the main body which needs to roll over the cab. I may be very conservative here. For instance I have 70 lbs plugged in for a single 600 watt solar panel which I could probably replace that with flexible panels to save some weight. I currently estimate the base configurations plus all options, AC, kitchen, bathroom etc. to weight 749 lbs. Roofnest makes a nice model that weighs 150 lbs. So I think I can reduce the weight some.
2.) All heavy lifting is done with a hand held battery operated drill. There is a rack gear system, gear rollers and gearbox. The tent lifts with an x frame type mechanism like the pop tent trailers. I chose mechanical solutions vs hydraulic and air springs. I think those will be a nightmare in a couple years. I chose durability over speed. The goal for the pop up camper part is true 4 season comfort. 16" of powder snow on the roof will be a design criteria.
3.) Yes an individual can set up the entire system. I estimate 12 minutes for one person. 8 minutes for 2. I have taken great effort to minimize the number of parts. One thing that will help is a shadow board and parts caddy which will be located in one of the side compartments. It is admittedly a little clunky and needs some refinement.
4.) There are a series of steps required to do this, but the drill does the rolling/lifting.
5.) Ideally I would weld some thread-o-lets into the CT. These would basically be flush to the truck when not in use with maybe some little rubber plugs to keep the threads clean. This would be included in the purchase price and I would have a very precise process to make these welds. Think orbital welding. It is possible make a work around without any penetrations, but the former is better.

It also has the " quick mode " which deploys in < 3 minutes and a couple options for traveling and carrying large or longer items that would not ordinarily fit below the tonneau cover or even in the bed space.
Screenshot 2021-06-27 112642.png

Thanks for your interest. There is more info in the ROCC for Cybertruck post.
have you figured out initial pricing yet