jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I finally got the reservation calculator to work today. It gave me an estimated delivery of May 2024. When I saw that date in black & white it just sort of hit me that this thing is a couple years away and potentially even much longer than that. I think it was revealed prematurely and I hate to say it but I just canā€™t wait that long. Heck, thatā€™s two summers, two falls, two winters, and two springs from now. Itā€™s a shame because I was really stoked about the CT but dang thatā€™s a long time when I think about it. Of course I knew it would be a while when I placed the order but when you actually see a date that far out it kind of knocks the wind out. Iā€™ll just buy a new F250 now and if the CT is ever actually built maybe look at my options at that time. Iā€™ll keep the reservation just to leave me an option but Iā€™m buying a truck before the months out.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think it was revealed prematurely and I hate to say it but I just canā€™t wait that long.
That may be, but your wait has little to do with the release date, which was about eighteen months ago, but that about a million times $100 were forked over ahead of you.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I am content to wait like Alfred E. Newman and let the dust settle, let everyone else knock off the rough edges that will happen invertible as is with all new toys. #483,388 in line.:whistle: (and have it paid for on delivery the old fashioned way I suppose)
Iā€˜m closer in line but have a healthy amount of reservationists before me. Once the reports are positive, I think I will put in another reservation in anticipation for 5 years from now for my son or I find a way to bend the truck.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I finally got the reservation calculator to work today. It gave me an estimated delivery of May 2024. When I saw that date in black & white it just sort of hit me that this thing is a couple years away and potentially even much longer than that. I think it was revealed prematurely and I hate to say it but I just canā€™t wait that long. Heck, thatā€™s two summers, two falls, two winters, and two springs from now. Itā€™s a shame because I was really stoked about the CT but dang thatā€™s a long time when I think about it. Of course I knew it would be a while when I placed the order but when you actually see a date that far out it kind of knocks the wind out. Iā€™ll just buy a new F250 now and if the CT is ever actually built maybe look at my options at that time. Iā€™ll keep the reservation just to leave me an option but Iā€™m buying a truck before the months out.
The chart is a non-Tesla estimate and may be wildly inaccurate. The pandemic did not do us any favors. I wish the best on you needs.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Yes I understand and I probably took too long myself while considering options but in any case Iā€˜ve decided to be realistic and whatā€™s best for my particular situation is to go ahead and purchase something different even though I much prefer the CT over anything else. The bottom line for me is that CT simply isnā€™t available for purchase and others are. My current daily driver truck is almost 5 years old with nearly 100k miles and itā€™s starting to give me a few issues so I need to expedite a purchase of some kind. Donā€™t get me wrong here, I wish I could afford to wait and if CT was available today or even this year Iā€™d happily wait a reasonable amount of time and pay just about whatever Tesla wanted for it but itā€™s just not looking like actually buying and driving one anytime soon is a reality for most people. I even considered for a moment purchasing a model Y as a driver for now and only using my current truck when working but when Iā€™ve tried to use two vehicles in the past it just doesnā€™t work for me because every time I need something itā€™s always in the OTHER truck. With my luck though I will drive off in a F250 next week and Mr. Musk will tweet the next day that CT has secretly been in production for a year and they have countless warehouses full of them that are now released. And of course discounted to get the 2021 models off the books.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The chart is a non-Tesla estimate and may be wildly inaccurate. The pandemic did not do us any favors. I wish the best on you needs.
There are several factors that will change Jason's actual position in line and I am not sure how well they are accounted for in the chart.

1. No foreign orders will be produced for quite a while. Probably until the US demand is filled.
2. Which model will be produced first. I have a DM on order but if the TM is going to be produced first I may switch.
3. The number of people who cannot come up with the bucks when their truck is ready and how that will be handled by Tesla. Will you get a two week window or will your number come up when you come up with the money?
4. People with multiple orders. Will people who have multiple orders buy them all and try to sell their extras and will Tesla try to stop them?
5. If FTSD is not ready will people postpone their purchase or just cancel?
6. How many of the numbers are actually orders for a CT?

MotleyT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I put in an order a few weeks ago and have my number.
Subtracting the 112,744,1XX number from it I get 2,322,9XX
Is this correct?
I am over 2 million orders out?
I have not heard this 2 million number before so hope it a calculation error and I am lower in the ordering rank than 2 million plus..
I ordered 6-5-21
Please tell me I'm not really number 2 million plus out.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
It is closer to one million than two. The number includes all reservation model numbers. Still a large number.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think the whole estimation/ place in line system is out of whack. Aside from knowing whether you are before or after someone else, I don't think it's a great predictor of how many have been sold or how many are in line ahead of you.

It's likely you are not getting your truck in 2022. Beyond that will become more clear sometime in 2022.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am sure that you are voicing a frustration that virtually everyone here feels. I know that I do. At one time I thought, perhaps too optimistically, that since Tesla got the Model Y out 6 months ahead of predictions, they might do the same for the Cybertruck. That was when I thought they would be made at the Fremont plant (and other, more recent, revelations). I have thought about getting a Model Y again many times (many, many times) but the closer we get to the thing being manufactured the less reasonable that option becomes. So I am waiting, and being frustrated, every day. Although it could not help your situation, there are many on this list who would probably feel a lot better if we were to see CTs on the road being tested, or knew more about all the things we don't know about. It just adds to the frustration but it is what it is. Good luck with the F250, which is a proven beast, and we'll see you on the flip flop.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I put in an order a few weeks ago and have my number.
Subtracting the 112,744,1XX number from it I get 2,322,9XX
Is this correct?
I am over 2 million orders out?
I have not heard this 2 million number before so hope it a calculation error and I am lower in the ordering rank than 2 million plus..
I ordered 6-5-21
Please tell me I'm not really number 2 million plus out.
That is not enough. Once your number is in the system you have to put it back into the system to get an estimated position for trim and geography. If you go only by those 2 numbers you will have almost no idea of where you stand. There are instructions at the top of the original posting:

Insert your number: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8kjue2luuXSqWuwtyOHMWPFx8CL9-HV3hhStAht1djBK87w/viewform

Check your position:
https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbxK02fRRQWTkS734T4deQG2qbmHkSmg6gduvgkWMkB46X3sEcYN/exec

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I am sure that you are voicing a frustration that virtually everyone here feels. I know that I do. At one time I thought, perhaps too optimistically, that since Tesla got the Model Y out 6 months ahead of predictions, they might do the same for the Cybertruck. That was when I thought they would be made at the Fremont plant (and other, more recent, revelations). I have thought about getting a Model Y again many times (many, many times) but the closer we get to the thing being manufactured the less reasonable that option becomes. So I am waiting, and being frustrated, every day. Although it could not help your situation, there are many on this list who would probably feel a lot better if we were to see CTs on the road being tested, or knew more about all the things we don't know about. It just adds to the frustration but it is what it is. Good luck with the F250, which is a proven beast, and we'll see you on the flip flop.
Tesla is suffering from autism.

well, Tesla is enjoying it. We are the ones suffering from it. Communication or lack of it is absolutely awful. It takes half a day for any IT guy to put up a CT page or may be a day to setup a program to shoot out emails with a little more meaningful number for CT reservation holders. Having to guess your spot with these spreadsheets is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. In some prisons, information starvation and uncertainty is how the captors torture the prisoners. I know we are theoretically free to leave anytime we want but are we really? You know Elon has put a CT spell on you but you can't snap out of it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
...It takes half a day for any IT guy to put up a CT page or may be a day to setup a program to shoot out emails with a little more meaningful number for CT reservation holders. Having to guess your spot with these spreadsheets is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. ...
What people care about is "When will I get my truck?".

Tesla doesn't have a good answer for that and won't until production starts. Even then, it's a pretty complicated question, particularly when you are talking about half a million fickly consumers making choices before you.

If you wanted to order a product with a concrete shipping date, your first mistake was ordering a product when there wasn't even a factory to build it.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
What people care about is "When will I get my truck?".

Tesla doesn't have a good answer for that and won't until production starts. Even then, it's a pretty complicated question, particularly when you are talking about half a million fickly consumers making choices before you.

If you wanted to order a product with a concrete shipping date, your first mistake was ordering a product when there wasn't even a factory to build it.
Of course I "want" a concrete shipping date but that was not what I was asking for. What I asked for was the information Tesla does have. The sequence, Trim and number of CT reservations. We will still have to do some woodoo with our guessing but we will do that woodoo with better information. That is something Tesla has but does not share. It does not require any commitment on their part.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Of course I "want" a concrete shipping date but that was not what I was asking for. What I asked for was the information Tesla does have. The sequence, Trim and number of CT reservations. We will still have to do some woodoo with our guessing but we will do that woodoo with better information. That is something Tesla has but does not share. It does not require any commitment on their part.
That information doesn't really answer the question most customers have and provides competition with valuable data.

If your reservation number doesn't really tell you reliably when your truck will ship, why give Ford/ GM/ short sellers, etc that information?
Sponsored