Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What FUD am I being fed?? I gave you examples from my own power station and ...
...And you were regurgitating FUD, not actual data.

Literally, they're lying to you. If those houses need the power for their night-time AC, the grid would need to be upgraded no matter if it was your source or not. Literally lying to you.

-Crissa
Sponsored

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Oh, he cares about the Cybertruck VERY much. He's putting a ton of effort into it.

Why would he defend himself against a click bait article when he's clearly got the reservation numbers and demand. The article he was responding is so laughable... I don't think you should expect a legit answer from him when he's responding in almost obvious sarcasm.

Haha follow him long enough and you'll see what I mean.
Agreed! That article was just stupid... In summary:

"I think the CT will flop because it's ugly and doesn't do truck stuff well".

No clarification or specifics, just an opinion.

What blows my mind is people say the CT doesn't do truck stuff well, but forget that it does EV stuff much better as a result. So for the person who may be willing to give up a little "truck stuff", namely the inability to reach into the bed from the side, you get back a whole lot of "EV stuff" plus better "truck stuff" in terms of towing, load, running costs, ability to power tools, onboard compressor, air suspension etc.

I think Elon made exactly the right response. It's the response of someone who is happy to say "I don't care" because he is already confident that it will be a success. It was a roundabout way of saying "f@*$ you, you peon".

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
what I'm worried about is the remake associated to Elon that the Cybertruck could flop....and he didn't care I think....thats got my attention
In what way did that get your attention? If you think that's a bad thing, there are tons of people that will disagree with you. That statement from Musk is almost his motto. Never be afraid to fail. If you are afraid to fail, your fear will hold you back. Look at Space X they are constantly learning from the failures.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I have literally never had a truck where I could reach into the bed from the side. And I don't know of any such trucks on the current market!

Aside from towing long distances, I don't know what 'truck stuff' they're talking about it not doing well. Vast majority of trucks never tow.

-Crissa

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I have literally never had a truck where I could reach into the bed from the side. And I don't know of any such trucks on the current market!

Aside from towing long distances, I don't know what 'truck stuff' they're talking about it not doing well. Vast majority of trucks never tow.

-Crissa
Agreed. I see this as a common criticism of the CT. It's a truck for posers who want to virtue signal. It's not a real work truck. It's a common troupe on Quora and other places for the anti Tesla crowd.

Not being a truck owner it's hard for me to comment other than I feel like I see a lot of trucks around that you'd have to be a giant to be able to reach over the side of. Secondly, what is "real work" anyway? Just construction? What about electricians, plumbers, lawn guys etc. They all seem to drive trucks, they grab some stuff from the bed and do their thing. No reaching over the sides every 5 minutes.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Agreed. I see this as a common criticism of the CT. It's a truck for posers who want to virtue signal. It's not a real work truck. It's a common troupe on Quora and other places for the anti Tesla crowd.

Not being a truck owner it's hard for me to comment other than I feel like I see a lot of trucks around that you'd have to be a giant to be able to reach over the side of. Secondly, what is "real work" anyway? Just construction? What about electricians, plumbers, lawn guys etc. They all seem to drive trucks, they grab some stuff from the bed and do their thing. No reaching over the sides every 5 minutes.
This also precludes many other real work professions like video production. I have a truck and i transport pelican cases full of lighting, electrical, camera, sound and grip equipment. Plenty of real work in that which the truck is necessary for getting equipment from one location to another. My truck works for me in ways a cargo van never would.

Whose work is real truck work? People using sayings like "not real truck work" might be called "not real people". ;)

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Ct TM 1,000,000miles / 500miles = 2000 cycles.

How far do you think we're away from 2000 cycles? We're pretty much there I think. ;)
I saw some where someone quoting Elon indicating the 4680's packs are 4000 cycles at a 10% loss. Not sure if that was a true statement or not though. 4000 cycles would make a CT-Tri a 2million mile pack. I am not sure that even 2mil would be accurate honestly at 90% capacity, perhaps a 3mil mile pack down to 70% capacity?

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
This friend of mine borrowed an old truck from his girlfriend, in which the outer door button didn't work on the driver's side.

He was picking up an old stove at the dump, but first had to get the stove out of the huge dumpster. Too heavy to lift, so he tied a rope to the stove and the hitch, and put the truck in drive to tighten up the rope, then got out to help unhook the stove from the lip of the dumpster.

The rope broke, the truck took off, and he went running after it trying to try and get his hand in the window before it hit the woman in the shack who worked there. Missed her, and stalled on a hill. So much for not having a door handle that works that day.
I'm sorry to have to say it but a door handle is not going to fix stupid! :rolleyes:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Yea, if unproven standard tech makes you more comfortable, I suggest you get the Ford 150 and skip anything from Tesla.
Yeah, and make sure it's the regular F-150 and not the Lightning version! ;)

We bought our first Model 3 sight unseen after waiting nearly 2 1/2 years from our deposit and it was a thing of beauty. And it still is over 3 years later. Nearly flawless. The RWD Model 3 was so much better than expected, so much more powerful and handled so much better that we ordered a Performance Model 3 just a few weeks later. Because it was a Performance Model we jumped in front of those still waiting for less expensive versions.

Second Model 3 was just as beautiful and perfect and even more amazing in that it squirted forward even more outrageously. I'm so glad I didn't let all the FUD'sters scare me away. They said it would be crappy and have reliability problems until they worked all the kinks out. They said the panel gaps would be big enough to swallow a mouse. They said the wheels would fall off. Etc. But after three years of putting them through their paces (and not going easy on them), both cars have been the most solid new cars we have ever purchased with nary a problem and no panel gap or paint issues. Unlike what the FUD'sters claimed, the paint is actually tough and durable. I'm so glad I didn't waste my money on paint protection films! We drive a lot of unpaved, muddy, sandy roads and rural paved roads with sand and gravel and they still look great.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
...And you were regurgitating FUD, not actual data.

Literally, they're lying to you. If those houses need the power for their night-time AC, the grid would need to be upgraded no matter if it was your source or not. Literally lying to you.

-Crissa
So if I have my emebbed generation at the end of that network spur and run my generation when they need it why would they need to do the substation upgrade? And why would they offer me $6.80 per kWh to do it??

You're saying they are paying me because they are lying to me. Which doesn't make sense. This not someone elses story, its mine, so its impossible for someone to lie to me.

Last edited:

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well I don't know how my MDX knows it I don't think it's the 1 of 4 cameras but the folded mirrors light up when I have my key fob within a few feet. Am I to assume that there will be only your phone to let you in? I don't know about you guys but my phone history and reliability suck.

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Were you just kidding about the CT being a flop?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If the rumor generated where facial recognition will work without key fob or smart device, it would be cool for my needs but will need to validate it is foolproof for wet, messy hair. I am not sure it tweet meant facial recognition.

The CT will singlehandedly save relationships. I will soak up the credit with the CT opening my spouse’s door every single time.

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Please include car to grid charging...Ford already includes it as well as hyundai, Lucid, Polestar....Let keep striving for grid independence sooner than later
Let's pretend I have no clue what you mean by "grid charging". A lot of people outside Texas at least are on the grid besides your local power company. If you meant grid integration and the load on power systems, that I understand.