HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Best looking is in the eye of the beholder. I hope you get what you want, but I personally really dislike the wheel covers. From the night of the reveal I didn't like them. But when I saw them at The Petersen, I couldn't stand um. They stick out about an inch beyond the tires and would be a pain in the ass because of it. One of my biggest likes about the Cybertruck is knowing I could park it head-in to curbs and not worry about hearing that god awful sound of the vehicle scrapping it's underside. Driving the CT around with those covers, I'd be constantly worried about them scratching up on curbs. Here's this badass truck that is all about function and toughness with these whimpy plastic covers you gotta tip-toe around town with worrying about. No thanks, not for me!

Here's my photo that shows how far they stick out:
damage.jpg
So, are you saying the plastic wheel covers function as curb rash protection? Rash your wheels and just buy a couple more plastic covers for $35? Cool.

Remember when cars used to have little metal curb feelers that stuck out and down to make a scraping noise when you were within 4 inches of the curb? LOL!
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Best looking is in the eye of the beholder. I hope you get what you want, but I personally really dislike the wheel covers. From the night of the reveal I didn't like them. But when I saw them at The Petersen, I couldn't stand um. They stick out about an inch beyond the tires and would be a pain in the ass because of it. One of my biggest likes about the Cybertruck is knowing I could park it head-in to curbs and not worry about hearing that god awful sound of the vehicle scrapping it's underside. Driving the CT around with those covers, I'd be constantly worried about them scratching up on curbs. Here's this badass truck that is all about function and toughness with these whimpy plastic covers you gotta tip-toe around town with worrying about. No thanks, not for me!

Here's my photo that shows how far they stick out:
damage.jpg
Obviously, that goes without saying, it's just my opinion. I'm not overly concerned about aerocovers getting damaged, they should be cheap to replace.

By the way the photo you just posted made me realize how the fenders on the Beta truck seem to stick out much less.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
3rd brake light looks like it's incorporated into the tailgate. The headlights are below the LED light bar to comply with federal motor vehicle standards.
Those seem to be running lights and I think that I have seen all kinds of vehicles with head lights at the level of the light bar (or higher). Don't they just have to be separate from the light bar? I believe that I have seen several vehicles that have light bar-ish lights directly adjacent to their headlights. Perhaps what I think that I have seen is not in fact true.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The big question. Will RWS come standard on all Cybertruck trim levels or only the top of the line Quad Motor?
When Elon announced that the Cybertruck would have 4WS he did not specify a trim. In my mind that meant it would be standard on all trims, but other manufacturers would, if they said this, likely put it on the top trim. If you think about it, 'not' putting it on all trims is more complex than putting it on all trims, especially when you consider that it affects the choice and function of steering, the user interface, backing up and trailering, etc. There would just be too many differences to justify having different trims with different steering features.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
What they could do, like the Model S and X trims, is to have a different interior on the top-of-the-line Cybertruck, but the basic functional features (I believe) will be the same across the board. That is, steering, braking, suspension, exterior lighting, charging and electrical outlets, etc.

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
The Beta prototype that was recently spotted had them in black which looks better than silver or gray, though wheels equipped with aerocovers are still by far the best looking.

wheels.png
is that a wing window in the back door or is the window just rolled down ?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I can't tell you how I know this* ALL units will have 4WS, but on the lower trims it will be available as a monthly subscription.

*I made it up

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
What they could do, like the Model S and X trims, is to have a different interior on the top-of-the-line Cybertruck, but the basic functional features (I believe) will be the same across the board. That is, steering, braking, suspension, exterior lighting, charging and electrical outlets, etc.
Given the amount of tech the CT will have that we know about already... And Elon saying that it is the vehicle he will be driving... What do you think might be a big surprise additional feature? For instance, could CT get the cold gas thrusters that have been designed for the roadster?
Sponsored