Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this. Actually it's more likely I just missed it.

I'm 100% getting the solar option if it's offered. Ok, I get 5-10 miles / day, but what if my measure isn't in miles?

1. Throw away my old, crappy lead acid battery on my Winnebago
2. Tow it to the beach
3. Park somewhere sunny
4. Plug in my Minnie Winnebago in to the CT.

That cover is plenty to run my tiny AC, TV, and water pump for quite a while, possibly indefinitely depending on my usage.

That's what I'm talking about! I would definitely pay a high premium for that kind of convenience.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this. Actually it's more likely I just missed it.

I'm 100% getting the solar option if it's offered. Ok, I get 5-10 miles / day, but what if my measure isn't in miles?

1. Throw away my old, crappy lead acid battery on my Winnebago
2. Tow it to the beach
3. Park somewhere sunny
4. Plug in my Minnie Winnebago in to the CT.

That cover is plenty to run my tiny AC, TV, and water pump for quite a while, possibly indefinitely depending on my usage.

That's what I'm talking about!
I think I mentioned it above, if not in another thread. I see camping/ off grid as the real reason solar is interesting. Charging the truck at home or during the work week is cheap. Being able to use camp mode and/ or just support a camp site, and ensure you have enough power to get back to civilization when it's time to leave. That is priceless.

Someone else mentioned airport parking. Any time your truck is separated from power for a long time, it's neat.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I think I mentioned it above, if not in another thread. I see camping/ off grid as the real reason solar is interesting. Charging the truck at home or during the work week is cheap. Being able to use camp mode and/ or just support a camp site, and ensure you have enough power to get back to civilization when it's time to leave. That is priceless.

Someone else mentioned airport parking. Any time your truck is separated from power for a long time, it's neat.
I knew I had to have missed it! Seems too obviously worth it to me.

For lazy campers, like myself, the ability to centralize your battery, generator, solar, and your ride to a single truck is just too dope. There are gas trucks that do this, but that means I have to bring gas and idle the truck to generate power. Which I have done for years. Lame

Just gotta get a good extension cord so I can park my Winnebago in the shade haha

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
If you don't drive it a lot why do you need to charge it? ?
Or bring your own shade.
211C354F-0977-4A29-9D0E-67F5E503CB0E.JPG

-Crissa

where is the camel?

i think we are right on schedule….?…. not meant in a political way…✌

“The founder of Dubai, Sheikh Rashid, was asked about the future of his country, and he replied, "My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I ride a Mercedes, my son rides a Land Rover, and my grandson is going to ride a Land Rover…but my great-grandson is going to have to ride a camel again."

Why is that, he was asked? And his reply was, “Hard times create strong men, strong men create easy times. Easy times create weak men, weak men create difficult times. Many will not understand it, but you have to raise warriors, not parasites."

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If Tesla ships with a midgate...

Does midgate auto correct to midget for you? If I ever say "Midget" when talking about the Cybertruck, I'm not talking about buying a truck with an indentured short person, it's just autocorrect.

... the Cybertruck is going to be a bad-ass camping machine. I suspect the climate control in the Tesla is going to be way more efficient that whatever ships in the Winnebago, so sleeping in the vault of cab is going to be the way to keep your battery topped off.
Sponsored