Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ok… basically Musk is punting on Cybertruck production start right now.

Can’t start production until cell (4680) supply ramps up.

Also chip supply is a huge constraint.

MRTENNANT

First Name
Tray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Tesla CT on Order
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag
What is coming? Not the CT this year if your listening to Elon right now...

OP
OP

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
What CT news do we anticipate hearing today? Delivery timeline, Giga Austin ahead or behind...thoughts? Please add a final word to describe how you anticipate feeling at end of earnings call....happy or sad!!
Maybe I should rephrase the question, which comes first… cybertruck or cheap spacex flight to the moon…I’d say 50/50 at this point.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Ok… basically Musk is punting on Cybertruck production start right now.

Can’t start production until cell (4680) supply ramps up.
When he said this it pretty much killed any hope I had of CT coming this year. We're probably more than a year out on any type of production. The last 10% takes 90% of the time.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When he said this it pretty much killed any hope I had of CT coming this year. We're probably more than a year out on any type of production. The last 10% takes 90% of the time.
Until they have the 4680 production online, it's hard to say.

I'm not as pessimistic as you are, but uncertainty is the nature of the beast here.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Wow, who is this idiot?

Tesla's stock didn't fall after the bitcoin announcement. It was already shifting, following the market. Did the entire market sector fall because of bitcoin? Bitcoin is a headwind? They have a tiny amount in Bitcoin, compared to their profits.

Market share couldn't be maintained unless Tesla was building factories at the same rate as everyone. And that's ridiculous. They lost market shares while maxing out production and sales and reducing inventory.

Tesla has more than one industry, VW doesn't. And they're growing their sales 50% every year. VW doesn't.

And this thing about the credits... WTF. Who wouldn't take advantage of credits? Are they not supposed to take cash?

And now GM's fires are bad for Tesla ... And now the Tesla fires are bad? This guy is so dishonest.

-Crissa
Welcome to Gordon Johnson. World’s most profligate Tesla bear. I’m fairly certain his company serves customers who deliberately want to take anti-Tesla positions, There aren’t many other explanations as to why this guy, who actually isn’t an idiot, would go on TV and continually make a fool out of himself for years.

He is one of the worst ranked investors with abysmal performance but yet he keeps appearing on major TV networks to talk about Tesla… hmmm…

He’s a running joke in the Tesla community.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Awesome. More time to save so it's more paid off when it comes!
Prepare to be a billionaire when you get your CT

The statements that left an impression on me (not necessary new):

Manufacturing is very difficult. It takes thousands of elements to work correctly for mass production to happen and it will be as fast as the slowest one (paraphrase)

4680 will be million mile battery :) and it is not ready :( shooting for limiting chemistry variations

Cybertruck is new so we expect new challenges for it's manufacturing.

Conclusion: Once CT is out, it will be great however it is not wise to hold my breath for it. In other words it should go to the category of want items rather than need items. I should buy what I need now and reassess when my number comes up.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Prepare to be a billionaire when you get your CT

The statements that left an impression on me (not necessary new):

Manufacturing is very difficult. It takes thousands of elements to work correctly for mass production to happen and it will be as fast as the slowest one (paraphrase)

4680 will be million mile battery :) and it is not ready :( shooting for limiting chemistry variations

Cybertruck is new so we expect new challenges for it's manufacturing.

Conclusion: Once CT is out, it will be great however it is not wise to hold my breath for it. In other words it should go to the category of want items rather than need items. I should buy what I need now and reassess when my number comes up.
Is that salesman musk taliking?
Does he want more MY orders instead? Because they are a known quantity and guaranteed sales through the door?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
4680 will be million mile battery :)
I didn’t catch this part. This makes me happy, means it’s likely the truck will outlast me. (I did catch the second bit)

I thought this was a given. If you ordered on launch night, you know it was a 2+ year journey. If you ordered any time since, you knew you were at the tail end of a very long conga line which could easily take 2+ years to play out.

Either way, this isn’t an impulse purchase.

Good news for Rivian.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
New product lines like the Cybertruck and Semi are being limited due to the big elephant in the room, volume 4680 battery cell production. Tesla even admitted that the massive amount of battery cell production equipment currently on order will need to be modified once it arrives.

Tesla Cybertruck Q2 Earnings: Whats coming B7D68E6B-77B0-454B-908A-0E0F7FE9C20A
Sponsored