Tesla is sticking with yoke steering wheel; Elon Musk says progressive steering is still years away

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
To be honest, I tend to use auto pilot now with my left hand resting on my knee and lightly holding the wheel at around 7 or 8 o'clock to keep AP happy. Not sure that would be possible with the yoke.
I lowered the wheel and pushed it out so I can rest my elbow on the armrest while doing the same. I'm sure there will be some solution with the yoke.
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I lowered the wheel and pushed it out so I can rest my elbow on the armrest while doing the same. I'm sure there will be some solution with the yoke.
mhmm, second driver profile with only the steering wheel relocated?

maybe we could ask for an option to engage that on AP activation…?

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
mhmm, second driver profile with only the steering wheel relocated?

maybe we could ask for an option to engage that on AP activation…?
I'm guessing when Level 5 becomes a thing it could do the opposite. Have the wheel/yoke retract into the dash on activation.

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
I think that most of the time when I see someone say 'this could be dangerous' I also see them doing something dumb (like crossing their arms over the airbag)

And no, you shouldn't be swinging your wheels around wildly on ice.

-Crissa
sorry, but at some point everyone arm has crossed in front of an airbag. I think making a turn, you either palm the wheel like you have a Brodie knob or you hand over hand to turn. and off road I almost always do hand over hand. Also I will let the wheel turn in my hand always keep it so I can grasp it. you cant do it with a yoke.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
you cant do it with a yoke.
You can't do it with a yoke, I think you mean, since I don't see any reason I won't be able to.

And I said their arms, plural, crossing. An arm reaching to the top of the turn is not plural.

-Crissa
Sponsored