Anyone else concerned with people doing stupid things to test the Cybertruck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakerDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, future Cybertruck via reservation
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What I mean by the title is that I'm concerned that when I get my CT and I run to the store I'll come out of the store to find bullet marks on my truck. I know its going to happen to someone's CT somewhere. With comments by Elon about its bullet proof and armored glass some "idiots" are going to see a CT in a parking lot and take some shots at the truck just to see if its true. I really think this scenario is going to pan out for owners of the CT. I'm hoping it doesn't, but concerned that it will. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Rick'sCT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I can't say that I haven't had similar concerns. However if ppl are shooting my truck in store parking lots then I would find any way possible to move to a safer community.
My bigger concern is jerks trying to dent or scratch the truck. It is very polarizing and I expect strong reactions when ppl first see it. I am not looking forward to that attention and hope the novelty wears off quickly.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Hell, someone shot at me while I was driving my Jetta TDI. That car was definitely not bullet proof! Missed my body by 18" or less.

I had someone kick their door into my BMW a year ago. Probably because I parked far away from everyone else in the parking lot. Left a 12" crease in my door. Senseless.

Stupid people are a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately you never know when one of them will present themselves.

At least the CT will have Sentry Mode.

Last edited:

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
I have been pretty concerned about this too... might have to just accept it as cyberart

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Unfortunately I'm going to have to be real with you guys. Even if it's unpleasant, I'm not gonna lie to you.

Teslas receive a lot of negative attention. CT is not only a Tesla, but a Tesla that is threatening what many folks feel makes trucks an American symbol. You will get negative attention, period.

In the time I've owned my model 3, I've had my bumper kicked in, eggs thrown at me, pissed on the driver door (yes, it's on camera ...), and been blocked at charging at my previous apartment. This is the past 14 months... And I live in southern California where Tesla is a common sight.
Oh! And I've received 2 false tickets, and I've only ever gotten 1 ticket in my 20 years of driving until I got my model 3. One for not stopping at a stop sign, which I did and proved it on camera (can show that footage of you want). The other for going 3 over, yes... 3 over. The stop sign one got the officer a pretty heavy reprimand.

Just want to prepare you

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have had zero issues since I got my Model Y.

We’re in Oregon where people are generally nicer than California though.

I expect if you live in a place with a high concentration of A**holes, you are going to have issues.

If someone starts shooting at cars in a parking lot, I expect people will call the police.

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag
Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is pretty funny concidering that the Cybertruck is probably going to be the most american truck ever made. (With maybe the exception of the Ford Ranger. We shall see)
Not “ever made” by a large margin. Certainly most American modern truck though.

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag
Not “ever made” by a large margin. Certainly most American modern truck though.
Thank you for nitpicking. That is all we do now trying to stay sane while waiting for updates on our truck I guess. Rephrased it, Thanks. Now why don't we mix politics in this thread as well....... :rolleyes:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Thank you for nitpicking. That is all we do now trying to stay sane while waiting for updates on our truck I guess. Rephrased it, Thanks. Now why don't we mix politics in this thread as well....... :rolleyes:
It was meant more a comment on the state of technology than a nitpick. Modern products just don’t/ can’t be competitive without imports.

It is pretty impressive how much Tesla has moved local in spite of that trend.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
No, I don't expect anyone will be shooting trucks anywhere near me. We're all armed here, so that changes things. Maybe in CA where nobody is armed, the criminals can be more open about committing felonies.

So far, I've only had one sort of anti Tesla event, and I'm not even sure it was brand specific. A woman driving like an idiot started screaming at me to hold the wheel, I was in self driving and not holding it constantly. She probably doesn't know about AP?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A woman driving like an idiot started screaming at me to hold the wheel, I was in self driving and not holding it constantly. She probably doesn't know about AP?
Did you consider putting your hands over your eyes and screaming?

I wouldn’t recommend that normally but special situations demand special responses.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.