I dont think the CT will kick ass in baja (with a yoke)?

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
Just wondering who wants a real steering wheel in their truck? For me, a yoke will not work as I plan to drive off-road and the way I drive I think a yoke will be trouble (more than likely cause an accident). I can see it working on a car, but I don't believe FSD will work for off-road. For the most part, I think musk has thought out a lot on truck, but he is so obsessed on FSD, and maybe he hasn't ever driven off-road. So he doesn't see a need for this? I really believe this will lead to a major lawsuit. Dam Syd Mead

WOULD YOU WANT AN OPTION FOR A STEERING WHEEL INSTEAD OF A YOKE?
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Fsd was never made for off roading and won't even turn on without street markings.

What the hell are you talking about?

OP
OP

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
Fsd was never made for off roading and won't even turn on without street markings.

What the hell are you talking about?
A yoke is great for FSD, BUT LIKE I SAID, FSD will not work off-road, and so a yoke will be more problem off-road than on the road. This thread is about yokes not FSD

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I don’t want a yoke. Yokes are for planes. I have a private license and prefer the yoke to a steering wheel when I fly. With that said, I am buying a CT anyway and accept the fact that it is my responsibility to learn how to use it and become competent with it. I will not be bringing a major lawsauit against Tesla because I prefer a steering wheel though. And I won’t be bringing a lawsuit against Beechcraft just because they don’t offer a steering wheel.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Just wondering who wants a real steering wheel in their truck? For me, a yoke will not work as I plan to drive off-road and the way I drive I think a yoke will be trouble (more than likely cause an accident). I can see it working on a car, but I don't believe FSD will work for off-road. For the most part, I think musk has thought out a lot on truck, but he is so obsessed on FSD, and maybe he hasn't ever driven off-road. So he doesn't see a need for this? I really believe this will lead to a major lawsuit. Dam Syd Mead

WOULD YOU WANT AN OPTION FOR A STEERING WHEEL INSTEAD OF A YOKE?
It looks like CT will only come with a yoke. So maybe CT is not right for you, or possibly if properly integrated (a thing Tesla is very good at) it might be better than a steering wheel. Have you gone off roading in an electric truck with instant torque and 4 wheel steering before?

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I haven't really seen a video of people struggling with the yoke a week or two after they've gotten their S so I can't say I would hate it. Off-roading would be the least of my concerns with a yoke anyways, it's more city driving and people seem to be getting a hang of that quite well.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Autopilot won't turn on without lane markings.

FSD Beta doesn't require lane markings.

I don't see any reason the yoke will be a problem. It doesn't radically change the UI except requiring your hands where hands should be, and redacting UI where hands should not be.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
A yoke is great for FSD, BUT LIKE I SAID, FSD will not work off-road, and so a yoke will be more problem off-road than on the road. This thread is about yokes not FSD
since most people don't off road that wouldn't be big deal for most people. I personally couldn't care less about Baja results.

OP
OP

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
It doesn't radically change the UI except requiring your hands where hands should be, and redacting UI where hands should not be.
Well I guest technically the yoke would be 4 and 8 oclock not 9 and 3. But that is for people who use the push-pull method, I don't see how the push pull method would work with a yoke. Im all for anything new that will work. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around you cant move your hand around.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
That just made me think of something. If the rear wheels also turn and only the front wheel has to have a fixed turning ratio, shouldn't you be able to compensate the flyby wire for the rear wheels to make it so that you would get a tighter turn with less of a turn of the wheel?

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Since there is already a bunch of cottage industries chomping at the bit to make aftermarket accessories for the Cybertruck you should be able to find someone that can replace the yoke with a sport type steering wheel.
Being somewhat of a Luddite where new technology is concerned I have reservations about the yoke too but this too shall pass. There is a learning curve for any new technology.
I was dragged kicking and screaming into the computer age while I was in the military. Remember the huge floppy discs you stored data on or downloaded from? Remember computers before Windows? I do and each leap forward required adjustment.
I was a journalist my last 15 years in the Army and word processing was my godsend......spellcheck was my friend.
Try it and see how you like it.....if it is a yoke around your neck (pun intended) you can always change it out.
Sponsored