Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I think this is a positive sign that they are gearing up to show off the updated version of the cybertruck... which almost certainly means new pricing and specs. I mean heck... 2021 is almost over.. Production was originally supposed to be starting... might as well show us something.. please ??

NewUser

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW 2013 GTI
Country flag
My personal opinion, and I have been expecting this, is that they can’t hold that $39k, $49k, $69k pricing any longer.
Those prices were never set in stone. Add $5k to those prices by the time production actually starts. I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more. The only saving grace is hopefully the new EV Bill passes and gives Tesla its Federal Credit back.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Actually, I think this means the price has increased. Seeing how everything is shooting up in price, they may change the price for all orders after this. But not ours, these are set in stone.
Right??
Apparently not for the vehicle price according to the contract but for the FSD price, yes.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Updating specifications AND increasing the base price of all three models.

NOTE: The Cybertruck should almost be out of Alpha base and entering Beta.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
It’s not just the pricing that’s gone though, most of the specs specific to the three configurations are gone too. There used to be a table with all the differences. It doesn’t even say “Tri Motor” ”Dual Motor” or “Single Motor” anywhere on the page anymore. There are no longer ranges or separate capacities listed either, just some more generic “Up to 3500 pounds capacity…”.

Also, the option to change your existing configuration was removed from the account page.

My feeling is the specs are going to change significantly based on the beta trucks or some additional engineering/ design work they have done.

Maybe they have nailed down the specifications and need to determine which orders are real and we will be contacted to place a $2500?? real deposit down?

As a stockholder I think it was the right move. They can't hold prices the same for ever and risk bad PR if they raise them. I still want to know what affect 4 wheel steering will have on the price.

I am kicking myself for not placing another order. That said 2 $2500?? deposits would not be fun.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
May be they realized Rivian is on to something with a motor for each wheel and changed the design. They already picked up the rear wheel steering from GM. This will streamline production which we already know it’s efficiency is important to Tesla. They may disable motors or reduce power by software to accommodate your trim choice.

Tesla has gotten used to the taste of high margin. It is a business. What business man would sell something at a lower price when they don’t have enough of it to sell at higher price. We need to get real and stop the wishful thinking, specially in this kind of market.

Last edited:

Cyberpunk2077

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon 2005
Occupation
Space Technician
Country flag
This means that the launch party is officially over.

The Latest RN’s will be ordering after the launch ended. The number of Cybertruck orders ahead of these Jonny come lately’s (1M+) are so many years out that both cost and configuration are indeterminable even by specification. So its “Take a number”…
@rr6013 "Hit the nail on head!" if I can add to it "Take a number sit down and wait. Congress might pull there head out and figure out this EV bill before you get your truck and that's saying something. So get comfy?, it's going to be a minute or two or three or four or"....?

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Wonder what this means (if anything)... there's no more configurations listed and available to choose from on the Cybertruck ordering page. This is what appears now.

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design#battery

View attachment 9138
Who, knows. But speculation is they’ll release the tri motors first. And I got a dual motor. Now I want the tri motor but do not want to lose any spots in-line. Especially if that’s not true. Put my order in when Elon said pre reservations are now open

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I can just see the CT designers and engineers pulling their hair out because of new marching orders from Elon on a daily basis. I want the air suspension redesigned to outperform the R1T, I want best in class approach and departure angles, I want rear wheel steering to beat the Hummer specs, etc.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe they have nailed down the specifications and need to determine which orders are real and we will be contacted to place a $2500?? real deposit down?
Pretty sure you don’t put the big deposit down until you are near shipping. I thought 3-4 months from delivery was typical. They definitely wouldn’t be taking the full 2500 from someone 1.5m down the list.

If they were taking deposited from the early reservation holders I think that would mean they were going to start production in the 1st Q next year which would be outstanding… but I don’t think that’s it. We haven’t even seen the beta trucks yet.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The premium priced versions are always the first to go into production. Lucid and Rivian are following the same formula. Their top of the line models are going into production first to maximize revenue.

For example, 100 Tri Motor Cybertruck sales with zero options is $7 million in revenue as opposed to $5 million for 100 Dual Motor sales. One financial institution estimated that the ATP (average transaction price) for a Cybertruck will be around $65k. That’s about the base price for a 2021 Ford Raptor. Good luck finding one that is not marked up $5-$15k over the MSRP.

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
May be they realized Rivian in on to something with a motor for each wheel and changed the design. They already picked up the rear wheel steering from GM. This will streamline production which we already know it’s efficiency is important to Tesla. They may disable motors or reduce power by software to accommodate your trim choice.

Tesla has gotten used to the taste of high margin. It is a business. What business man would sell something at a lower price when they don’t have enough of it to sell at higher price. We need to get real and stop the wishful thinking, specially in this kind of market.
Tesla will improve on everything that GM has ever thought about. I doubt they will adopt 4 motors. I don't see the benefit and they won't be carrying around more mass to have it turned on with a subscription upgrade.

Batteries are a little different. If I was in the market for a used S I would look for one of the models that were throttled back. Those batteries would probably be in great shape because they got less of a work out. Tesla probably had fewer warranty claims on those models as well.

I think Tesla will try like hell to honor pricing for reservation holders. We might just be at the back of the line. The price increase was inevitable.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They have to re-write the website to lose the text about single motor, dual motor, and tri motor and replace it with verbiage about the Cybertruck RWD, AWD LR, and Plaid models!

Also have to replace the pure stainless tri motor photo with one with the new laser etched plaid pattern on the back tailgate.