John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Unless you're over near Santa Barbara, where it's horrible and smokey.

-Crissa
I live in a moderate weather and out of fire zones. It is always pleasant where I live.

life has too many opportunities to stress over a webpage.

if you have a glass half empty approach, order another drink. Now you have over 100%

If you are a half full personality, drink and order another drink.

If prices do raise, update your decision to go forward or cancel. If prices remain for past reservation numbers, I believe this will be the case, rejoice in your reservation number.

if you are below 190,000 reservation number, cancel out of protest!
Sponsored

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
It’s a fair point. But I think that’s vacillating. At the unveiling, price was that absolute WOW moment. Until then people were thinking this was some kind of oddball vanity project which was going to be six figures.

If they bumped the price of the tri-motor config to $77,000 (10%), that is very very close to the max dollar amount they will allow for the rebate. That means zero options are possible. Kiss Solar goodbye. That is almost guaranteed to drop me back to the dual motor config.

I know a lot of people who said literally “I didn’t really want a truck but…“ increasing the price by 10% may well drop a lot of those off the map. Maybe if Tesla stock goes nuts like today I’ll change my theory.
I certainly hope they hold the line on pricing, at least for current reservation holders. It should be a point of pride, for them to do so!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
yes, I want to add FSD cause it not listed on my order even though I ordered it....but I too am scared it will change my reservation number to change it....
As long as you don't mess with it the date you reserved, and the fact that you ordered it when you made the reservation, is known to Tesla (even if you didn't keep the email confirming it, or took a picture, or whatever). If you mess with the order everything gets reset with the current FSD price. So DON'T mess with the order.

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
To me that means the price could change based on options selected at the time of purchase such as wheels, tires, hitch, etc. not what comes standard with the motor option you selected.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
I live in a moderate weather and out of fire zones. It is always pleasant where I live.

life has too many opportunities to stress over a webpage.

if you have a glass half empty approach, order another drink. Now you have over 100%

If you are a half full personality, drink and order another drink.

If prices do raise, update your decision to go forward or cancel. If prices remain for past reservation numbers, I believe this will be the case, rejoice in your reservation number.

if you are below 190,000 reservation number, cancel out of protest!
I'm in Sac, I think the weather is nice but I've inside all day and night working... so.. IDK..

Need to save for a long range Tesla, hoping it will be a CT.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I don't think most people are thinking that Tesla will be held legally to the price, but that the myriad of other reasons mentioned, make for the likelihood that price will remain the same

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I just checked my order and it only shows the tri motor selection. I could have sworn it also said ‘full self drive‘ underneath the tri motor selection previously.

I have the confirmation email from when I placed the order and that does state I ordered it with FSD. I never made any changes to the initial order once it was placed.

Is FSD still showing up on peoples order page within their Tesla account? If so, I’m definitely calling them about it on Monday.

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I just checked my order and it only shows the tri motor selection. I could have sworn it also said ‘full self drive‘ underneath the tri motor selection previously.

I have the confirmation email from when I placed the order and that does state I ordered it with FSD. I never made any changes to the initial order once it was placed.

Is FSD still showing up on peoples order page within their Tesla account? If so, I’m definitely calling them about it on Monday.
If they are moving to subscription model completely, it does not make sense to keep it there. IF

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck

From my account just now:

Tesla Cybertruck Configurations and Pricing Removed From Cybertruck Website! Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 4.22.59 PM

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
From my account just now:

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 4.22.59 PM.png
Thank you very much for checking yours, I could have sworn mine said that as well previously.

I’ll definitely have to call them to see what happened. Thanks again

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they are moving to subscription model completely, it does not make sense to keep it there. IF
Just wait until they start selling *Truck As A Service* instead of selling you the trucks. They you will have to buy a monthly truck subscription. Eventually you won’t even get DVDs in the mail, they will switch to digital only delivery and it’ll take you like 3 hours to download the truck before you can even use it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...Because that's how Tesla has always operated.

And that's how state law where they initiated the sales works.

I don't know why you think someone can say you can lock in part of the price and then walk off. That sounds like you're used to people who shouldn't be trusted with... anything.

-Crissa
Sponsored