CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
My wife is officially disabled, and has spent time in a wheelchair. Sucks, but at least we get good parking at Costco. I just couldn't help but chuckle at the idea of transporting people with the ramp.

I wasn't asking to talk to your manager, so your "karen" joke, makes no sense.
[/QUOTE
No. Flippant people like you who think you are better than others are. At least your situation was temporary. Check your attitude.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Upon looking at it further it does seem the windshield extends further down and hence the hood seems shorter although the overall dimensions I believe are unchanged. Definitely not a fan as it throws proportions really off.

1.png

2.png
Yes the windshield extends to even with the windows. It was odd in alpha that it didn't. It gives it a slightly cab forward look but not as much as the screenshot makes it look.
I am very happy with beta and I think its possible that it has a frunk access at the bumper level ala f150 lightening.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The front end looks like a mini-van now. There I’ve said it.
I’ll second your take!

Bastardized. Mini frontend - Truck backend

Edit: This snubnose is a good design edit for Brawler bar front bumpers. The 6.2” reduction will be offset by the bar bringing proportions back into balance.

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I can live with removable side mirrors. We all knew we were getting side mirrors. Besides, the CT will need WIDE mirrors or camera stalks to see down the sides of a 102" wide trailer. Mirrors or extendable cameras are a must for towing. Removable is perfect. Why have them hanging out there when you don't need them?

I think this is the same prototype we've seen, but with the new, longer, curved windshield and a shorter hood. I like the look with the windshield now level with the door glass.

I'm impressed with how much the rear wheels turn! Looks to be about 50% of the front wheels. That's real four wheel steering!

I'll be disappointed if it has conventional wiper blades. Wipers sitting out there in the open will hurt efficiency and aesthetics. I'm really hoping for the magnetic rail wiper hidden under the hood, like illustrated in the Tesla patent.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
My "vision" for cybervan was a front sliding door on either side for the driver that is big enough to get out of and unload the rear from behind the seat, and a back slide around double door.

I think there's enough room for both a cyber and a non-cyber Tesla van. The question is if the cyber design can impact the cost enough to add value to the customers. I need to start doing some more CAD work on a van variant! :)
UPS killed the sliding door for its delivery vans due to lost time to open/close.

Retractable barn doors sounds so functional. I’d love to see them comeback. Foldback is not useful but if they retract once open against the side of truck - you have invented something there

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I am very happy with beta and I think its possible that it has a frunk access at the bumper level ala f150 lightening.
One would hope so, otherwise it's going to be a double whammy: mini-van look and smaller frunk.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
IF it did change.. what if it allows 7' of bed space? Or just extra cab space even!
7’ bed length is functional utility design change for better. It messes with chassis balance but that’s suspension leaving overhang.

Prototype @ launch O.A. Length = 231.7 in.
Wheelbase = 149.9 in.
Prototype @ Beta F.E.A. reduction= 6.2 in.

Yes, Tesla could choose to add back the reduction it took from the front end ass’y to Vault Length. Goodbye Departure Angle = 26° due to overhang.

Tesla could lengthen Wheelbase keeping Departure Angle. Structural Battery Pack would love to improve CE even more. Exoskeleton would love to earn its keep back. RWS is smiling its ass off for the extra value it provides Tesla here. There’s a 65% chance Tesla will grab the 6.2” to gain ~7’ Vault. Its a “Take No Prisoners” move for pickup customers. The 78” Vault is a contemporary Blvd Cruiser.

Beta Front Legroom = 41.6 in. This measure is 1” smaller than Tundra. Which could indicate Tesla adjusted CT generous interior forward which may explain windshield changes people mention for improved forward vision. How much?

As you speculate, prototype cabin interior could afford to surrender linear length to Vault. IDK. IF so, Tesla could pulloff extending the Vault while reducing O.A. Length. That further incentivizes Tesla to maximize CT design, structural and MVP in category - pickup.

Notice lengthening WB affords Tesla LR options within the structural battery pack to maximize there too. Even when SR it enhances CE. Also, adding front bumper guard(aftermarket) adds back the 6” taken away balancing the design.

Very refined ideas!

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Aside the mirrors and turning, I don't see anything different. Looks like optical illusion to me. Not enough detail to take measurements or see lights,

-Crissa
I hope you are right.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
IF it did change.. what if it allows 7' of bed space? Or just extra cab space even!
ONLY argument against 7’ Vault is what taking 6.2” out of the F.E.A. did to wheel well opening. Nothing! And that’d be correct.

But Cybertruck wheel well openings are passenger sized. They appear in-scale to be tire size limited in width and stand height. SWAG is 11” tread width and max height 37” as shown @launch. A 7’ Vault will carry more weight and haul “Luxury” campers that beg bigger is better tires. There’s offroad preference for rollover improvement for holes and obstacles with greater size tires in the 40–44” range.

Does there exist room in the casting for these oversized tires? No where is this more problematic than the now shortened frontend ass’y. Only way to increase wheel well for bigger tires is hack forward, toward the bumper and sacrifice casting in the way. Since front motor has axels any change in alignment is within working angles.

SO Tesla would need to make serious decision on wheel well openings and casting implications. That could be a deal breaker on cost at-scale.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Perhaps removable mirrors would be useful when towing. We shall see.

Despite the grainy video, I like the changes, at least from afar. The smaller frunk lid gives the truck a "cab forward" / "pouncing" look.

Edit: I see that Dids made similar comments above.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Upon looking at it further it does seem the windshield extends further down and hence the hood seems shorter although the overall dimensions I believe are unchanged. Definitely not a fan as it throws proportions really off.

1.png

2.png
Great observation. The base of the windshield appears to be at the level of the door window sills. The CT is going to have a HUMONGOUS windshield with a stubby front end.

It also appears that the headlights have been lowered slightly but it can't be confirmed from this photo angle. I think the revised "pug" front end looks great!!!

This video is going to be analyzed to death as it's the first concrete sighting of the production version. I'm sure a professional editing company will come up with an enhanced version of the video to show more of the details.

Last edited:

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I've seen it mentioned a couple times. Where is the ~6" spec change speculation coming from?