Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Covers the case for rear-wheel steering expanding the market for the Cybertruck,
Full Self Driving as a value add (even for renters)
Etc.

It's been awhile since we saw him!

-Crissa
(Carrying a motorcycle is one of my use cases! A truck will make traveling with my EV motorcycle easy.)
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
This dude is a long winded YouTuber. He must be in some type of sales job for his occupation. I can’t take 30 minutes of jaw flapping and looking at that face when he could have got his point across in a 5 minute video.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Cybertruck truck guy has put together a video that shows exactly why Cybertruck has no competition. Not now, not in 12 mos. not even in 2023 when Tesla just begins delivery.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
-Crissa
(Carrying a motorcycle is one of my use cases! A truck will make traveling with my EV motorcycle easy.)
Are you planning on doing that with the tailgate down? I need a 10 foot trailer for the Harley (Fatboy, softail frame) in order to get the back ramp up on it. Was shocked that it was a wee bit longer than 8 feet fender tip to fender tip.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Are you planning on doing that with the tailgate down? I need a 10 foot trailer for the Harley (Fatboy, softail frame) in order to get the back ramp up on it. Was shocked that it was a wee bit longer than 8 feet fender tip to fender tip.
I imagine most ev motorcycles are a tad bit smaller than a Fatboy Softail. Different buyers, different preferences. Wonder if the ct tailgate ramp can even support that bike!

I look forward to finally being able to fit my vintage two stroke Vespas in the bed with the tailgate closed! My current Ridgeline bed is about 8" too short resulting in tailgate down when transporting those vintage Vespas!

Vespa px 69"
Ridgeline bed 60"
Ct bed 78"

Only question is how deep the angled front of bed is as my Vespas front fork is much shorter than a typical mc and front mudguard sticks out a decent amount which the angled front wall of the ct bed would require using some stacked box in front of the front tire to make sure the mudguard doesn't smash into the bed wall. :(

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
@cybertrucktruckguy you have been sorely missed!!! Once again you have a video that hits it out of the park! I can't wait to have you do a video about the 4 wheel steering.

For those who didn't want to sit through the full 30 minute video, here are my notes:

Why the CyberTruck will become the #1 pickup truck in the US and will stay there for a while

The Cybertruck will dominate once it is in production.
SUPPLY:
----Battery supply is going to seriously constrain all the competitors
----Pickup trucks will require larger battery packs
----In the next 1-4 years batteries will not be readily available to competitors
DEMAND:
----Existing full-size truck market is predominantly US based so no broad demand worldwide
----Limited number of competitors to Cybertruck - only 3-5 other brands
----Market groups that will contribute demand for Cybertruck
--------Full Size Suburban market
------------4 wheel steering to help park in tight spots, etc
--------FSD Believers
------------Believe Tesla will get FSD first
--------Full-Size Offroaders
------------Need full-size truck for hauling motorcycles, multiple passengers, other loads
------------Cybertruck is full-size and fully capable but can still be used for daily driver
------------Way more range and functionality than the competitors
--------Corrosion Sensitive
------------Areas with chemical de-icing tend to have vehicles that disintegrate quickly
------------Stainless steel of Cybertruck will last MUCH longer due to low corrosion
--------Towing Use
------------The tow rating is important
------------Only the tri-motor range will enable >200 mile towing
--------Love the Looks or Tesla Company
------------While some hate the looks, there are many who actually love the look
----------------Sci-Fi cues (Blade Runner etc)
------------Others may not love the looks but actually love the company
----------------Care about how Tesla is changing the world and want to contribute
----All the above groups will contribute demand that combined will outstrip competitors
----Tesla will be able to supply that demand
For the foreseeable future, Tesla is going to dominate the full size pickup market

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I drove the military HUMVEE's in the Army. Most of that in South Korea on narrow streets.
I've owned a lot of military surplus vehicles and you could not run fast enough to give me a HUMVEE.
IMHO they were designed by an idiot after consulting with a moron.
They were big, loud, sucked the bottom out of the fuel tank, cold in the winter and hot in the summer and a real pain in the butt to work on them.
The old M151 Jeep was a far better vehicle and I drove them both in military service.
When they came out with the civilian version (Hummer) they were a far cry from the military version. They wanted to sell them to macho men, soccer moms and rappers.
Different axles and drive trains, better ride and a lot more user friendly.
Concerning the EHummer refer to the third sentence in this post.
Oversized, overpriced and overhyped.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Starting to see the Hummer EV on the streets in the Detroit area, saw this one in a driveway on the way to a friends house a couple weeks ago. Don't think he even mentioned it. My money is still on the Cybertruck:cool:
IMG_6565.jpg
I like the looks of the hummer as well, but the price is outrageous and specs not as good as the CT.