MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
The lightning just feels like a peepee truck for luke warm EV enthusiasts. They checked a box. Nothing rad about it. But, that's kinda their shtick too.
The lightning is the best half ton truck I have ever used for work (outside towing range). The Ram Evolution is gonna be pretty rad according to some whispers from my connections at Jeep (they are sharing powertrains)

ecotrials

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just want an electric truck that doesn’t break the bank and doesn’t suck.

$75 - $100k+ for a truck with 150 kW charging and less than 300 miles range with my bikes doesn’t cut it. It either needs to be a whole lot more bad-assed than what Rivian & Ford offer, or a whole lot less expensive. Preferably both.
Speaking of range, if the Semi has somewhere between 1.7 and 1.9 wh/mile, fully loaded (around 81,000 pounds).... what efficiency could possibly be in store for the CT? So.. considerations for aerodynamic efficiency, actual voltage for power train (not charging voltage), tires, battery size and weight, vehicle weight, number of motors, assuming Elon was right about carbon wrapped model s & x version.
If the semi does it with 3 motors, will 4 motor variant be less efficient overall, but better for serious off-roading? This may be a very positive tri motor variant for those not particularly looking for serious off-road driving but would like maximum towing efficiency.
Can't (but unfortunately must) wait for more CT specs. Woohoo!

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
It can be used in the Movie Sequel "Back to the Future"

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Round Rock has some of the worst drivers I've seen in the west. I don't know, but about as bad as the Inland Empire.

-Crissa
I'm with Crista on this one, and I will also add that Austin in general has some drivers unsafe both fast and slow. I remember someone on I-35 getting killed just trying to fix a flat on the shoulder, but that was a while back. Then there are the those groups of three cars who all drive 45mph in a 55mph zone on Ben White blvd, taking up all three lanes staying side-by-side clogging the whole route. In contrast, I have found that once I'm outside of (greater) Austin, the Texas drivers often 'go out of their way' or really make an effort to assist efficient traffic flow.

For anyone who might have Walmart or Facebook equivalent drivers licenses, 'assisting efficient traffic flow' - means slower traffic keeps in the right lanes, the left lanes are for passing, and that stalk thing on the steering column is for activating a turn signal to let other drivers know your intent to change lanes or turn, so that everyone can 'cooperate together' more cohesively on the road. If these are strange concepts to you, then you are one of the primary reasons that FSD will become increasingly important.

- ÆCIII

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
In contrast, I have found that once I'm outside of (greater) Austin, the Texas drivers often 'go out of their way' or really make an effort to assist efficient traffic flow.
Yeah, I haven't spend much time in rural Texas, but I did see a state patrol going 45 in the left lane of the freeway tangling traffic in the middle of nowhere wearing mirror shades an hour after sunset (it was still twilight).

My spouse said they did that, but gosh I didn't believe it until I saw it!

The hi-po in California will do sharking but they won't impede traffic unless they have to grab something off the highway.

-Crissa