Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Given the huge increase in prices for all the current production vehicles. Do you think that the Cybertruck will get an increase in price before it gets released? I don't remember Tesla ever increasing the quoted price before production but who knows.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When it launched, the Cybertruck dual motor was $10,000 less than the base Rivian.

Dual Motor Cybertruck: $49,000
Rivian Base: $67,000 - $7,500 incentive = $59,500

I think they will maintain that gap.

It might involve Tesla buyers getting a matching incentive, but they will be significantly less than Rivian.

Rivian has a far tougher supply chain problem and they were able to keep costs flat. Tesla will do the same.

Edit: I suspect people who did not have a price when they pre-ordered are a lot more likely to see pricing adjusted. That’s 3-4 years down the road though.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
They stopped quoting a price for the Cybertruck reservations about a month ago. So most of us have assumed reservation holders from here out, are merely taking a number but not getting a quoted price.
Another assumption, is that anybody making a reservation for the Cybertruck is in for at least a 3 year wait.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I expect a price decrease and a pen. Standard solar too.

I will achieve expectations by finding a penny in the parking lot and stealing the pen they lend to sign the documents.

It is too early to worry and early reservation numbers will reveal reality before our 6 digit reservation numbers come up. I believe the price will remain what was quoted for the truck when price was shown during reservation. Mandatory delivery fee may multiply by 10.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...before our 6 digit reservation numbers come up...
Five digit.

I don't think current reservation holders will see a price increase from when they made their reservation other than unpriced options.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Five digit.

I don't think current reservation holders will see a price increase from when they made their reservation other than unpriced options.

-Crissa
You have a 5 digit reservation number?… Do you know what envy looks like? (Not jealousy)

Envy is wanting the same as the other person. Jealousy is wanting what the other person has leaving them without.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...uck-preorder-reservation-number.39/post-20697

^-^

Back then I didn't feel,so lucky, but today... Yeah!

-Crissa
Crissa, following that link to your post from 06AUG2020 it says Est Delivery Month: 2/28/2023.

Was that because you selected the single motor?

When I ran my numbers through the spreadsheet I printed out (hard copy) my email confirmation along with the results from the spreadsheet. I did tri-motor. My estimated position is 375,982 and my Est Delivery Month: 1/27/2023.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Crissa, following that link to your post from 06AUG2020 it says Est Delivery Month: 2/28/2023.

When I ran my numbers through the spreadsheet I printed out (hard copy) my email confirmation along with the results from the spreadsheet. I did tri-motor. My estimated position is 375,982 and my Est Delivery Month: 1/27/2023.
These are estimates. When I look at mine, it seems even stranger. I should be ahead of both of you, but my delivery est. is: 8/13/2023

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck price increase? 1streservation

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

It would sure be nice if whoever made that tracking sheet would update the estimates some more realistic estimates. “Within six months of production start”, “Within 1 year of production start”, ”Within 2 years of production start”, “More than 2 years after production start”

The dates are total nonsense, particularly the further you get out from production start. Particularly the single motor config dates are a complete unknown. They said they would make the single motor trucks “After the tri and dual motor” trucks… but that might be 4+ years (Sorry @Crissa). So for any single motor or trucks with RNs greater than 1 million, the truth is “We have no F*ing clue”.

Right now Shanghai is on pace to produce nearly 800k Model Ys per in calendar 2022. If that is what Tesla considers Cybertruck “Volume Production”, then we might have have truck number 1m by June 2025. If they only produce 250k/ year, then we’re looking at June 2027 for the 1 millionth Cybertruck.

</rant>

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, the order of shipments is unknown, but Tesla has the pattern of shipping the most expensive variants first. But! they also ship the ones with the performance motor configuration later... And Elon initially said they'd ship them in battery pack (smallest to largest) then reversed that.

I think the sheet's estimate has not been modified for a year and a half.

My Mazda will turn ten in a year. Tesla also has the habit of asking reservation holders if they'll upgrade once the configurator is open. And since then, my spouse has increased my purchase authorization to include the Dual Motor. So I don't mind the wait!

-Crissa

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah, the order of shipments is unknown, but Tesla has the pattern of shipping the most expensive variants first. But! They also ship the ones with the performance motor configuration later... And Elon initially said they'd ship them in battery pack (smallest to largest) then reversed that.

I think estimate has not been modified for a year and a half.

My Mazda will turn ten in a year. Tesla also has the habit of asking reservation holders if they'll upgrade once the configurator is open. And since then, my spouse has increased my purchase authorization to include the Dual Motor. So I don't mind the wait!

-Crissa
NICE!!

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I guess I didn't realize the spreadsheet assumed EVERY dual motor and tri motor ever ordered would have to be fulfilled before the first single motor was produced.
Sponsored