Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
The stamping press to make CT body panels will also be a monster machine.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
There are between 38 to 42ish crates around. I choose to will it to be the IDRA press. I lose nothing being wrong, and we all gain if Ogre is correct.
Agree. That's a lot of crates with the same logo... the blue topped ones look very similar to previous idra crates. The difference is a different logo....

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Sure will be but not ~30 crates worth.... which coincidentally the Cyber press is supposed to ship in about that many

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
Good things happen in big boxes....I am trying to think of just one vehicle with more attributes at the pricing promised....This is a big deal purchase everyone should hang in for the long run....except folks in front of me in line of course : -)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The crates sitting in the foreground say IdRA on them.... it might be something else but looks like IdRA
Screenshot_20211122-114912_Samsung Internet.jpg
I did the same thing but I don't think it looks like IDRA. I am attaching a screen grab from Jeff's video on January 21st of this year as a comparison. There is a clear difference.

Tesla Cybertruck (Probably not a) GigaPress Inbound (Nov 2021) Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 9.46.47 AM

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Agree. That's a lot of crates with the same logo... the blue topped ones look very similar to previous idra crates. The difference is a different logo....
Yes, we all agree I am sure that it would be great if it were a CT gigapress, and if we could collectively 'will' it to be so we would, but logic dictates that we separate reality from fantasy, at least when it stares us in the face.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Good things happen in big boxes....I am trying to think of just one vehicle with more attributes at the pricing promised....This is a big deal purchase everyone should hang in for the long run....except folks in front of me in line of course : -)
This is my thinking too.

Maybe it’s not the Gigapress. It’s big. Maybe the biggest thing which has arrived at Tera Texas?

Most of the major Model Y/ 3 production equipment is in place already. Thus it is likely to be for either the Cybertruck or battery production. Either of which is good news for the Cybertruck.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Stamping press?
CT sheetmetal may require machines to take SS from rolls and then run them through rollers to flatten and work harden, a machine to cut pieces into different shapes (before rolling/hardening?) and I suspect there will be welding of some type (friction welding?). This will discolor the SS so there may be final steps to restore the cosmetic finish.

11 ga. (0.125 inch/3.175mm) in a half hard condition is too tough for a stamping press.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This is my thinking too.

Maybe it’s not the Gigapress. It’s big. Maybe the biggest thing which has arrived at Tera Texas?

Most of the major Model Y/ 3 production equipment is in place already. Thus it is likely to be for either the Cybertruck or battery production. Either of which is good news for the Cybertruck.
The original stamping machines were larger than this. Go back and review videos from 2020 and you can see them being delivered.

It is most certainly not for the battery area as it would have been delivered to the battery factory building. If it is for the CT then it could be any type of machine except a gigapress as those would all go to the die casting machine building.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Stamping press?
CT sheetmetal may require machines to take SS from rolls and then run them through rollers to flatten and work harden, a machine to cut pieces into different shapes (before rolling/hardening?) and I suspect there will be welding of some type (friction welding?). This will discolor the SS so there may be final steps to restore the cosmetic finish.

11 ga. (0.125 inch/3.175mm) in a half hard condition is too tough for a stamping press.
The SS may very well arrive at the factory rolled and ready to go. I think the whole point of the SS factory nearby was to get the SS in the alloy and hardness they need for manufacture.

The nature (thickness and hardness) of the SS they are using forces them to score, fold, and possibly weld the exoskeleton. They could stamp thinner sheets of SS at this end of the building, perhaps door frames, dash sections, and the like. They will also need some pretty hefty machines for folding and, as you say, cutters and welders. Cutting and welding machine will probably go to the machine shop and may already be in place as far as we know. It kind of depends on how they will be cutting. If they are using water jets for cutting they might be in a different part of the machine shop. The stamping of CT parts probably wouldn't require anything different than what they are using now.

I can hardly wait to see test CT pieces coming out of the factory!

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Unlike you people, I use science to make my conclusions, instead of wild-ass guesses.

Clearly, it's a kit containing a set of 15ft tall walking robots, along with the materials they need, to build an army of 8ft tall walking robots that will eventually build the cybertruck.

You heard it here first.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Cool. I have to make the drive through Austin and by the Tesla factory twice this week for Turkey Day activities. Hopefully, there are no more massive 18 wheelers... err 40 wheelers on the road then.
I counted 74 round rubber thingys on the ground, hate to have to rotate and balance those puppies before lunch, I'd probably just turn it around bass ackwards and call it good.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

Yeah Joe tetmeyer says it's grob
Sponsored