cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The initial production rate would be 10-20 daily at most, I don't think they will ramp to triple digits within 2023. So you are right about 200 cars could be delivered by the end of 2023. According to information from Tesla staff, they are expecting customer deliveries only after Dec 30th.
That wouldn’t surprise me one bit

production constraints aside, if configuration opens Nov 30, it’s no small thing to get from there to physical delivery in 30 days - at least on a new product line/distribution channel
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Talking about mainly just some "Reveal" Events for a second though, anyone here notice a pattern?

Model 3 Reveal
31 Mar 2016 - Thursday
Model Y Reveal
14 Mar 2019 - Thursday
Cybertruck αlpha Reveal
21 Nov 2019 - Thursday
Cybertruck Update Reveal and First Deliveries
30 Nov 2023 - Thursday

I count 30 November 2023 event as a "Reveal"(even though it's both a reveal and first deliveries), because Tesla is 'revealing' to us the final refinements, updated specs, and pricing for the very first time.

🤔 ;)

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Talking about mainly just some "Reveal" Events for a second though, anyone here notice a pattern?

Model 3 Reveal
31 Mar 2016 - Thursday
Model Y Reveal
14 Mar 2019 - Thursday
Cybertruck Alpha Reveal
21 Nov 2019 - Thursday
Cybertruck Update Reveal
30 Nov 2023 - Thursday

I count this next latest event also as a "Reveal" (even though it's both reveal and first deliveries), because we are getting the final tweaks and the updated specs for the first time.​

🤔 ;)

- ÆCIII
Wait a minute!

Tesla Semi Delivery Event
1 Dec 2022- Thursday

Model S Plaid delivery Event

3 June 2021- Thursday

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Wait a minute!

Tesla Semi Delivery Event
1 Dec 2022- Thursday

Model S Plaid delivery Event

3 June 2021- Thursday
Barry Coutts of VOLKSPOWER told me in '82 that my '75 SUPERBUG was built on a Wednesday. He also stressed to NEVER buy a car built on a Monday or Friday!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Barry Coutts of VOLKSPOWER told me in '82 that my '75 SUPERBUG was built on a Wednesday. He also stressed to NEVER buy a car built on a Monday or Friday!
Especially built in the 70's! :)

Dazureus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Model X, '21 Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer - Steering Systems
Country flag
  • Model X (2015): The first 6 "Founders Series" models were delivered at a market launch event in the Fremont factory on September 29, 2015. One unit went to Musk, the others to insiders. Initial retail deliveries to 'normal' customers wasn't until several months later, around December 2015. In Q4 they delivered 204 units.
Here again, public communications about the "delivery event" did not make clear that these deliveries were to insiders. (The delivery event doesn't appear to have a video available, but photos and live-blog like description of the event were reported.)
Another data point about the timing between delivery events and customer delivery: My VIN #807 Model X was delivered to me in April 2016. I had to drive to the Cleveland center since none existed in my state. So 7 months between the delivery event and my low VIN, in the midwest. I'm hoping Tesla has shortened that window since the "early days" and two additional product launches.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It would be a mistake not to reveal the specs and pricing of CT on November 30th. That the first deliveries will be to insiders and VIPs is immaterial.
In case there’s confusion I created unintentionally:

I’m not suggesting that the Nov. 30th event won’t include info about specs and pricing. In fact I expect Tesla to open up the retail configurator for the first batch of retail purchases at or shortly after the event.

My comments about price/specs were instead directed towards folks coming on forum to say “how are they having a delivery event without price/specs being ALREADY known”

And the answer to that specific question is that the insiders taking THESE deliveries know the price and terms of their unique “purchases” … but they may unrelated to the public price/terms

speach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MS P100D, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Another data point about the timing between delivery events and customer delivery: My VIN #807 Model X was delivered to me in April 2016. I had to drive to the Cleveland center since none existed in my state. So 7 months between the delivery event and my low VIN, in the midwest. I hope Tesla has shortened that window since the "early days" and two additional product launches.
Damn. Let's hope they improve that timeline! I hoped we would solve so many open questions by the delivery center date, including what drivetrain comes first, if you can change your order type, who our nearest extraterrestrial intelligent neighbor is, and cold fusion.

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
HOWEVER, remember that the people who DID reserve an M3 (A) had to go physically wait in long lines, and (B) put down ACTUAL deposits ($5,000?)

So not only were there fewer M3 reservations, they were also harder to get and required putting down real money.

On that view, it could be argued that backing out of the M3 reservation order was a far bigger move, than with the CT where everyone with wifi and $100 "reserved" a mythical version.
I am a day one M3 reservation holder. It was $1000 deposit. You could do it online, or in person. The people who did it in person were able to do it slightly earlier then the online crowd, that is the only difference.

It was basically the same as the Cybertruck in regards to the order process. I don't remember much of a difference other then we for the Model 3 there were range options as a separate item you selected in the Reservation configurator.

Tesla seemed to honor the reservation system for the first year or so of production. They begun to fulfil stuff out of order after the dual motor and performance model 3 had been released and they were producing a large number of cards per week. The reasoning at the time was because reservation holders weren't completing orders fast enough and they weren't going to hold cars so they opened it up and just started filling orders. Also, this was a time of some financial difficulty for Tesla and they needed to be moving the cars.

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
Lots of lurkers or new members commenting across the forum something like "how could Tesla be delivering the Cybertruck if they haven't released pricing and specs yet?"
At least there is one thing we know for sure: the top trim will be released first. All of Facebook is agreed on this, so it can only be true.

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
It is just insane that we don't have a price yet. Surely they'll spill the beans at the delivery event.
Sponsored