Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
Its got to be similarly priced to other quad motor ev trucks with crab walk, and crab walk might be available on dual motor variant as well.

Looking at Hummer EV.. they have 2 and 3 motor variants. Both variants have 4-wheel steer. their base package for 3 motor is 100k. Their dual motor with 4-wheel steer is 90k, cheaper without.

Rivian has quad motor only at a base price of $73k with tank turn.

Tesla needs to come in somewhere around 73-100k to match the other two competitors out there.

So we could potentially see the pricing stay the same for the two existing variants, dropping the cheapest pricing off the map, and go up to 90-100k for the quad motor.. or we could even potentially see the pricing either stay the same with new variants falling into place.. or only a slight increase across the board with the variants falling into place, which would actually mean a reduction in cost if you wanted a dual or tri motor cause now you are getting the pricing for the model below what you reserved, or slightly lower than your variant original pricing.
Rivian starts looking fairly cheap?
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Rivian has quad motor only at a base price of $73k with tank turn.
Um… it doesn’t come with tank turn. Rivian couldn’t get tank turn to work safely so they announced that the feature was “delayed” indefinitely.

Not sure if people are going to call that bait and switch.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Rivian starts looking fairly cheap?
I never said rivian starts looking cheap. I showed the comparable of all 3 competitors with either 4 motor or awd/crab/tank modes prices to explain why I think the ct would remain at or near its current 3 motor pricing. None of those are "cheap" in my definition of cheap, which is why I have a dual motor reserved. most I can afford. (and even that is stretching it for me).

But like others have suggested... I would love if tesla decided to simplify the assembly line and just make them all quad motor with software restrictions and paid upgrades! Cause then I would buy my dual motor pricing still and continue saving to eventually unlock the quad motor performance increases!

We will all find out eventually what they have in store for us. I am on the optimistic side of this thread.

I'm also crab walking out of this discussion! ? ;)

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
dual motor will get hummer ev style crab mode. quad motor will have both hummer ev style crab mode and rivian r1t style tank turn. Meanwhile F150 lightning just drives straight. :ROFLMAO:
Tank turn and crab walk do nothing for me. You can keep them for parlor tricks.

earthman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It won't be $99K "off the line", I've only heard people who don't understand how Tesla brings value to the table make silly assumptions like that.

As to how much premium someone would be willing to pay to take an early reservationists Cybertruck off their hands as these amazing trucks start rolling off the production line in the flesh, that's something only the market can determine. I'm sure some of the earliest ones will get flipped for a sizeable profit (at least $5-$10K if not a lot more) but there is no way I will be giving mine up for a cash gain of less than $70-80K. Which is just another way of saying I won't be flipping mine for a profit. I'll be so glad to finally be rid of my F-150 and it's 36 gallon gasoline tank and there is no way I'm gonna wait another year or two to get another Cybertruck. You only live once!
That’s some really great feedback, thank you.

I am interested in flipping mine at about 1.5 times the price that I pay. Also, my goal is to get that in the form of cryptocurrency, so no bs.

so it’s funny when you say that you would want that much additional amount, because that’s around the amount that I want ha ha, I’m just wondering if we may be able to see that large of profit on these vehicles. I’m wondering how much these things are going to go for. I’m thinking more like an additional 50% of the cost, but you’re thinking more like 10 or 15% of the cost.

We shall surely see!

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I am interested in flipping mine at about 1.5 times the price that I pay. Also, my goal is to get that in the form of cryptocurrency, so no bs.
Elon just moved you to the back for the line..... :ROFLMAO:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
What about my contract? I have a legal document with a down payment stating an agreement between myself and Tesla for a certain vehicle. I see a class-action lawsuit coming.
That’s the spirit! Take the stance that by improving your “contract” that specifically states that there can be changes and that refunds are available you have somehow been magically been harmed. And that not just you but a whole host of negativity ninnies should be compensated somehow.

The easiest remedy here is to just get your $100 back by canceling your preorder. I highly recommend this course of action actually. No use having a complainer getting a CT4 early just so they can whine about it online and make everyone feel bad.

Plus, the more people who cancel, the faster the rest of us get our trucks.

I hope you do go pay a lawyer to do the work for you so that they can charge you the $300 or so per hour it will cost for them to laugh you out of the room. That will make your $100 deposit worth it.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
That’s some really great feedback, thank you.

so it’s funny when you say that you would want that much additional amount, because that’s around the amount that I want ha ha, I’m just wondering if we may be able to see that large of profit on these vehicles. I’m wondering how much these things are going to go for. I’m thinking more like an additional 50% of the cost, but you’re thinking more like 10 or 15% of the cost.

We shall surely see!
You put those numbers into my mouth. 10-15% of the cost is $5-$10K. What I actually said was "$5-$10K if not a lot more".

Only the market (at the time of release) can determine how high it might rise. If you want to be a scalper, you might make tens of thousands of dollars on the high end but, like everything in life, it's not without it's risks. If you want to build life-changing wealth, I suggest you become a long-term investor. That is the proven way to make real money over time, not just a quick buck if everything works out.

Keep in mind, the reservation contract you signed clarifies that Tesla is the seller to the end user and what you are contemplating falls under the definition of an order placed in bad faith which means Tesla has the right to cancel your order based on that. Granted, it's a lot more likely they will catch you if it was for multiple vehicles but it's still not in the spirit of the contract you signed.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think is is funny that people are assuming that this might mean more range. The CT3 was most likely designed to maximize the entire potential battery compartment area. Baring battery tech that is actually better than what Tesla projected forward at the time of release I don't see it. The S Plaid actually has less range than the S Long Range. CT4 might be the same.
We just don’t know.

My thinking is similar to yours, this would be the “Plaid/ Performance” option. That leaves room for and LR option. My suspicion is the LR version will be dual motor, not tri motor but we’ll see.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
We just don’t know.

My thinking is similar to yours, this would be the “Plaid/ Performance” option. That leaves room for and LR option. My suspicion is the LR version will be dual motor, not tri motor but we’ll see.
I hope your right. I have been rooting for the LR dual motor the whole time.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Um… it doesn’t come with tank turn. Rivian couldn’t get tank turn to work safely so they announced that the feature was “delayed” indefinitely.

Not sure if people are going to call that bait and switch.

Certainly much more bait & switch than Cybertruck reservation position of a mealy $100.
Didn't some people put out thousands of dollars for Rivian positions or maybe real orders?

Last edited:

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
Or just do the math and arrive at $6666 for one motor and $3333 for 50 miles of range.
39900 + 6666 + 3333 = 49900
39900 + 2x6666 + 5x3333 = 69900

Adding $6666 to the C3 70k is probably not correct, given what we don't know.
You’re gonna have to give some context to where you got those numbers in order for me to debate. I’m running numbers based on other Tesla vehicles announcements and actual release cost, percentage of increases, software development, and a number of other variables. It’s a low ball guestimation but that’s my opinion.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Certainly much more bait & switch than Cybertruck reservation position of a mealy $100.
Didn't many people put out thousands of dollars for Rivian positions or maybe real orders?
I would consider it bait and switch if Tesla accepted our deposit for a truck then increased prices by $20,000. Or if they removed the single motor option—leaving people who paid for a reservation with no recourse other than spending massively more.

I don’t think that’s very likely, but definitely seems like a classic bait and switch to me.

I don’t think Rivian’s tank turn is though.
Sponsored