ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
In Doug DeMuro's video review of the GMC Hummer EV, there's a shot of a button graphic on the touchscreen menu that shows the Hummer EV driving on / over top of the Cybertruck. ?

BTW if you're wondering why that icon is being used for lights, the Hummer's menu system is customizable and Doug uses the icon to program an AUX button for lights.

Tesla Cybertruck Hummer EV Trolls Cybertruck in Touchscreen Menu Icon hummer menu icon cybertruck

Tesla Cybertruck Hummer EV Trolls Cybertruck in Touchscreen Menu Icon Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 6.34.31 PM
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I'm so glad all 25 people that get theirs in the first year of production will get to enjoy this.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
This time next year, hopefully, we should all be sitting around watching YouTube head-to-head comparison videos and reviews.

I doubt if the Hummer is in production for more than a year after that for several reasons. I also doubt it'll fare well when compared to the F150, Rivian, or CT. They can joke all they want but the Hummer will give people 'buyers remorse' so bad, they'll have PTSD.

Just a sample of the lack of thought that they have, why even use that as the on-screen symbol for "lights". . .C'mon.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OK, so don't they follow the various RobotWars/BattleBots competitions? Flipping weapons have been very popular and successful. Looks to me like the Hummer is about to land on its back. Hope it has a strong enough frame and passenger compartment to protect the people inside.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why did they use that icon for lights? should have been the 4x4 button. I enjoy the sauciness though. I like it when Elon dishes it out, and I like it when others respond. More entertaining than most of the crap on TV.
That’s what I was thinking as well.

The icon might be funny somewhere, but it’s a crappy icon for “Lights”.

Here it’s just juvenile and distracting. Juvenile and functional… I can respect that.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Cybertruck and Tesla lives in the minds of GM rent-free.

I'm all for a bit of fun and games but this joke doesn't even make sense. It's almost as bad as "watts to freedom" (WTF).

Also, what does GM and Hummer have to do with the Moon or moon landing?

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
Why did they use that icon for lights?
Perhaps it. function where the cybertrucks roof lights are being used to inspect the potentially defective batteries on the Ho-Hummer??

New job at GM. “Battery proctologist”….fire fighter experience required

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Also, what does GM and Hummer have to do with the Moon or moon landing?
It has to do with how far out of date their EVs will be. The manned moon landings they are referencing were from 1969 to 1972. Since the leading edge EV1 was produced between 1996 and 1999 I'd say that GM will get their full on EV game together about 30 years later so maybe between 2026 to 2029? Maybe that will be in time to save them from total failure? Hopefully?

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I like Doug, but he's definitely "in on it" with this prototype review. Also, the front windshield, trim, and lights on the Hummer are held on with gaffers tape at the 4:28 second mark. I get it, it's a prototype, but I guarantee you a more than half of what you see in this is going to get scrapped.

They'll probably give it a Silverado interior and keep the floor mats/speaker moon pattern.

Tesla Cybertruck Hummer EV Trolls Cybertruck in Touchscreen Menu Icon HummerBS

Last edited:

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since the leading edge EV1 was produced between 1996 and 1999 I'd say that GM will get their full on EV game together about 30 years later so maybe between 2026 to 2029? Maybe that will be in time to save them from total failure? Hopefully?
The government will most likely bail GM out and taxpayers will be stuck with another GM > $11.2 billion loss. Mary Barra will receive a golden parachute...

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The government will most likely bail GM out and taxpayers will be stuck with another GM > $11.2 billion loss. Mary Barra will receive a golden parachute...
Perhaps a real golden parachute. Gold is heavy. She will fall and the parachute will crush her.
Sponsored