Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They started the new S with the Plaid. I could get a new Plaid next month, but would have to wait till summer for the LR.
I think they are shipping the Model S LR, just new orders are delayed because more people want them.

Also, the Model X LR started shipping before the Model X Plaid.

It's a mixed bag. There is definitely not a consistent track record on what gets shipped first.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Regardless of being able to afford it or not, I would never pay that much for a vehicle. At the end of the day vehicles are a horrible waste of money. A long lasting BEV pickup it just less of a waste of money than a comparable ICE model.

I could REALLY use a pickup, it being BEV makes it more justifiable in my mind. It being 100k does not. Good thing there will be more affordable versions. I just don't want to wait anymore.
I am 100% in agreement with you. No one needs $100k vehicle to haul our butts around. Its just dumb.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Need no, but if it's available why the hell not...I have an SUV + Car + 3 Street Moto's that are all < 4 sec in the 0-60...only vehicle I own that isn't is my truck (hence the need as it's the slow one) .....

Better to have it and not use it then not have it when you need it! :cool:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How many of you have driven a car or truck that can accelerate from 0-60 in 4 seconds or less? I test drove a Model X performance and stepped on it and the thought of having a truck that would be substantially faster is not something I look forward to. I would drive even more like a granny than I do with our Model 3. Yes, power for towing is a good thing but let’s find out (if it is even real) what a plaid CT means.
There is a “Chill” acceleration mode. I don’t use it on the Model Y, but it’s there and makes a huge difference.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Regardless of being able to afford it or not, I would never pay that much for a vehicle. At the end of the day vehicles are a horrible waste of money. A long lasting BEV pickup it just less of a waste of money than a comparable ICE model.

I could REALLY use a pickup, it being BEV makes it more justifiable in my mind. It being 100k does not. Good thing there will be more affordable versions. I just dont want to wait anymore.
it depends on how you look at the purpose for a vehicle. If it’s to get from point a to point B then yes logic focus waste of money etc. makes perfect sense for many and most many Japanese brands do well in this regard.

for many others it’s a form of entertainment or passion, and may prioritize spending extra money instead of taking a vacation or taking a less elaborate one or not going to restaurants as much etc. etc.

Similar to how many people are rolling five to $8000 mountain bikes and load them onto a car that’s worth less.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Honestly I think there may come a time when 0-60 times of sub 4 seconds will be outlawed.

Who needs a jackwad that launches his CyberTruck Plaid at a street light to blow away a Porsche next to him, and he loses control, veers into the Porsche and takes them both out and into oncoming traffic.

I can live with my CyberTruck "only" doing 0-60 in 5 seconds. LOL. My god, who needs more acceleration than that.....I will cause the boat I am towing to do a wheelie.
Different strokes for different folks I guess…
Outlawing?? we better outlaw on motorcycles and anything else that can get us in trouble

My truck does 0 to 60 in 3.7-3.9 seconds and it’s one of the funnest vehicles I’ve ever owned.

I cannot wait to experience a sub three second cybertruck ?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
As a Model Y owner for 9 months I can tell you first hand that the Tesla’s advertised battery is optimistic. We consistently average about 15% less range under “real world” driving conditions.

If Tesla advertises a 500 mile range for a certain trim of Cybertruck the owners are realistically looking at 425 miles of battery range (non-towing).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla's ranges are based upon the EPA test cycle, which is meant to simulate day to day driving, not road-tripping.

-Crissa

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Tesla's ranges are based upon the EPA test cycle, which is meant to simulate day to day driving, not road-tripping.

-Crissa
agree..and I dont hit the range rating in my ice vehicles and also dont hit it in my Tesla...I like most individuals I dont drive like the EPA cycle....

In my experience it's even worse diff than ICE with sustained high speed (eg 80+mph on freeway on i25) and also the cold temps...and as everyone expects, also towing....hence I want a 500mi range to make it useful...my car is 299mi range (2020 M3P) and driving 100mi round trip to denver and back uses 40-45% of my battery aka 2/3 of quoted figure is a good bet (not towing). If you drive all local city then ignore, that makes battery last much better with slow, start&stop

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
it depends on how you look at the purpose for a vehicle. If it’s to get from point a to point B then yes logic focus waste of money etc. makes perfect sense for many and most many Japanese brands do well in this regard.

for many others it’s a form of entertainment or passion, and may prioritize spending extra money instead of taking a vacation or taking a less elaborate one or not going to restaurants as much etc. etc.

Similar to how many people are rolling five to $8000 mountain bikes and load them onto a car that’s worth less.
There have been many days where the value of the bikes on my car has exceeded the value of the car. Usually not a single bike though, but some of my friends.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Hope your pencil is sharpest!

77B82EE0-F1B1-476D-B8EC-889B090AF376.jpeg

Would any of the talented brains here be able to calculate the capacity of this battery pack if each cell were a 4680 battery?