Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This looks like a huge storage shelf in front of the dash. If it is it seems like you would get a lot of annoying reflections off of the windshield. Or it could just be an unfinished area of a prototype. Either way something new to discuss
Tesla Cybertruck Dash storage 17E4F340-787A-47D1-A501-925EAF5DCFD2
Tesla Cybertruck Dash storage F5C776B4-5C8D-474F-AD1C-F2F1E3720102
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
All the HUD people are hoping that real estate gets used for their favorite feature.

bob/lego/gamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota matrix
Country flag
Honestly, I want to wait to see a non drone perspective of this so it does not get distorted from the angles. Then it will be easier to tell what it is for.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I won't be using that part of the dash for storage for safety reasons. I'm assuming the windshield HVAC vents will have to be significantly larger to service the windscreen.

I can picture that place being a good spot for mounting various accessories, especially if Tesla doesn't do direct integrations or at least has APIs available.

As I've always been saying I am hoping for a dedicated driver instrument panel to go with the yoke and to monitor AP / FSD and ideally the side-view camera feeds.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm wondering how much empty space there might be in a CT. If one were wanting to build a smuggling vehicle, where all would there be room to hide small or large items? How many hidden compartments could one install?

Could the CT become the Millenium Falcon of current times? A smuggler's dream vehicle with unexpected speed and agility?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Why couldn't the frunk take up some of that space under the windshield? Trunks go under the back windows all the time!

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
for those of you that don't currently own a Tesla - hint, they can generate excessive g forces in all directions...what Is not tied, taped, separated, etc down, including passengers, can be flung across the cabin with ease....always wear seatbelts, use a cargo tote/dividers for trunk and frunk and you'll be ok - ignore at your peril....

I've inadvertently slid someone from backseat left to backseat right because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt - literally full 3-4' slide across back seat - if I didnt have a door he would have shot right out without slowing down....

that being said, hated the original marble dash, hoping there's some creativity / usefulness with the final version - esp with all the real estate available...

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
for those of you that don't currently own a Tesla - hint, they can generate excessive g forces in all directions...what Is not tied, taped, separated, etc down, including passengers, can be flung across the cabin with ease....always wear seatbelts, use a cargo tote/dividers for trunk and frunk and you'll be ok - ignore at your peril....

I've inadvertently slid someone from backseat left to backseat right because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt - literally full 3-4' slide across back seat - if I didnt have a door he would have shot right out without slowing down....
I once was driving my kid in a golf cart and while looking for a golfball, I saw it, and turned hard left only to see him flying out the right side of the golf cart. We get home and his knee is the size of a grapefruit, and mom says to me "how fast were you going".

So I can only imagine what is possible with me behind the wheel of a Tesla!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Seems like the answer is obvious.

Tesla Cybertruck Dash storage 1641882214923

EDIT: It looks like some of friends of @CyberGus are trapped in there…

Last edited: