by the time manufacturing starts

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
I look at what the competition is coming up with in the electric pickup arena and they are starting to make cyber truck look dated and not so futuristic. i cant understand how the other manufactures are beating Elon out of the gate. im sure most that have one reserved Will be staying Tesla is superior and so on etc......Defending Elon, shit he is flying rockets to mars surely he can start manufacturing cybertruck. the new hummer and new dodge look bad ass. and have lots of amenities and bells and whistle, you need to have more than a screen and seats to justify the cost, yes stainless steel bullet proof to 9 mm, some will shoot your cybertruck to see if its true, wait and see lol. if you damage it you can not fix panels you will have to do what replace the front or back section. the insurance will be very high. and the way the truck is changing, it does not feel right. Things are changing to elevate the price, nothing is what it had seemed. i guess im just not a minimalist type person i like my toys and like them loaded. and i will never feel guilty about it. i have 2 cybertrucks reserved i have not cancelled yet but i am watching the competition closely. i think Tesla needs to focus on cybertruck and put the semi and roadster on the back burner. and give what was promissed. just my opinion.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Breaking down an EV in sections

1 Batteries
2 Motors
3 body styling
4 interior
5 materials
6 performance, includes utility and specs
7 retail cost
8 reliability

Grade the vehicles to your needs. Applying an objective viewpoint, CT is ahead for my needs.

As to a futuristic look, I had an instant appreciation for the CT design. We have lived with the shape for two years and thus the design is dulled in my mind. I am still jazzed over the design and potential use.

if the competition reveals something better, scores better in my personal metrics, I would consider switching or adding as second vehicle. The current competition does not rate high enough for me to consider.

What competition caught your eye and what features do they have that rate high in your needs?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
No BEV pickup revealed to date has the futuristic BladeRunner themed styling hints of the Cybertruck. I predict this will change however In 3-5 years as Tesla may have started a new pickup styling trend. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The Cybertruck is going to be a disruptor in the 1/2 ton pickup truck segment.
Tesla Cybertruck by the time manufacturing starts 43D2EA42-B0A0-4010-BB87-39D00F5F75A0

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I look at what the competition is coming up with in the electric pickup arena and they are starting to make cyber truck look dated and not so futuristic. i cant understand how the other manufactures are beating Elon out of the gate. im sure most that have one reserved Will be staying Tesla is superior and so on etc......Defending Elon, shit he is flying rockets to mars surely he can start manufacturing cybertruck. the new hummer and new dodge look bad ass. and have lots of amenities and bells and whistle, you need to have more than a screen and seats to justify the cost, yes stainless steel bullet proof to 9 mm, some will shoot your cybertruck to see if its true, wait and see lol. if you damage it you can not fix panels you will have to do what replace the front or back section. the insurance will be very high. and the way the truck is changing, it does not feel right. Things are changing to elevate the price, nothing is what it had seemed. i guess im just not a minimalist type person i like my toys and like them loaded. and i will never feel guilty about it. i have 2 cybertrucks reserved i have not cancelled yet but i am watching the competition closely. i think Tesla needs to focus on cybertruck and put the semi and roadster on the back burner. and give what was promissed. just my opinion.
your opinion....mine is that all the legacy ev trucks look the same and the CT is the superior machine. GM isn't beating CT out of the gate..... Chevy isn't beating CT out of the gate....Dodge isn't beating the CT out of the gate..... Rivian made only 1k units of a truck that is a different niche and Ford hasn't delivered any yet - kudos they might - but the E150 is inferior in specs and value in price. The Hummer is ugly as all hell and isn't in the work truck niche, besides being very expensive. if you don't know why the CT isn't being built yet, you haven't been following at all what is needed to build it. You are guessing about insurance.

Pilot4hire

First Name
Woor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Roadster and Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I do agree that Elon could be pumping out those cybertrucks, he needs to flood the market with them, but don’t hold back on the others(Roadster etc). I have had my deposit for YEARS… Elon should do something for us supporters…. I’m thankful for what he has done but punctuality is part of being great at what you do. If you don’t want your position I’ll gladly buy it from you.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I do agree that Elon could be pumping out those cybertrucks, he needs to flood the market with them, but don’t hold back on the others(Roadster etc). I have had my deposit for YEARS… Elon should do something for us supporters…. I’m thankful for what he has done but punctuality is part of being great at what you do. If you don’t want your position I’ll gladly buy it from you.
Elon IS doing something for his supporters... he's building new factories, developing the technology and sourcing the supplies... what more can he do really?

OP
OP
Cebliminal

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Country flag
your opinion....mine is that all the legacy ev trucks look the same and the CT is the superior machine. GM isn't beating CT out of the gate..... Chevy isn't beating CT out of the gate....Dodge isn't beating the CT out of the gate..... Rivian made only 1k units of a truck that is a different niche and Ford hasn't delivered any yet - kudos they might - but the E150 is inferior in specs and value in price. The Hummer is ugly as all hell and isn't in the work truck niche, besides being very expensive. if you don't know why the CT isn't being built yet, you haven't been following at all what is needed to build it. You are guessing about insurance.
Everything you just said is a guess. I’ve had my reservations the day after the reveal. Damn I’m waiting so long I have saved enough cash to pay cash, I’m just getting bored with it.

OP
OP
Cebliminal

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Believe me I have followed everything to do with cyber truck I am well informed. I take people at their word when it comes to business, here we are years later and no future prospect of when mfg will start. We don’t know who is beating cyber truck out of the gate i just know cyber truck is not coming out the gate. I think Elon should have waited 2 years to do the reveal while he built the plant. In Austin.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Perspective:

Since the CT was announced in 2019 only 1300 BEV pickup trucks, of any type from all manufacturers, have been delivered to customers worldwide. Assuming the CT doesn't get delivered in 2022 that number won't be beyond 25,000 maximum by next year.

Let's say there are 1.8M reservation holders total, any brand, around the world. That build rate means only 2% will have their desired truck delivered by the end of 2022.

People can be mad about not having a CT delivered, but what truck do you think you'll get at this point? No one is delivering bev trucks in any significant numbers. Rivian probably won't top 800 trucks a month in 2022. Ford looks like they have an assembly setup with little meaningful automation resulting in a low build rate that probably won't exceed 1000 per month. GM cranked out a truck... one, and it will have a ridiculously tiny run. On top of that, all of them are fighting the rest of the world for batteries.

If the CT ramps like the model 3 it'll be the best shot anybody has, realistically, of getting a bev truck in their driveway by 2024. Keep in mind that the model 3 ramp was a running riot of errors. But still Tesla managed to build 200 a week by the end of the first production quarter; and delivered 65,000 by the end of the first year.

I've said it before, hear me know believe me later. . . By the 6th month of CT production they will have more CTs in driveways than the total number of deliveries from the other manufacturers since 2019 (when the CT was announced), combined. By the end of the 3rd quarter of production the CTs weekly build rate will exceed the other manufacturers quarterly build rate.

Last edited:

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Why does it matter the Cybertruck isn't the first out of the gate? What matters (and what Tesla has succeeded in doing) is encouraging other automakers to make EVs. That's part of their mission. Tesla, and all the other automakers, are constrained by battery manufacturing capacity. They have to pick and choose what they will make. It only makes sense for Tesla to keep making the existing models since they have the manufacturing capabilities already there and demand for them is more than they can handle anyway. Be patient, Giga Berlin and Giga Texas will be online soon and will alleviate the pressure from their other factories.

larrynotagain

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
Occupation
DevOps
Country flag
Also, the CT specs have also Changes from it's announcement.

Personally I'm waiting for the 29th before I make any other assumptions on the CT, but I bet we will get blown away. Austin ramp up is just starting with Model Y and once the CT line is started we will start to see them driving out the front doors.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I look at what the competition is coming up with in the electric pickup arena and they are starting to make cyber truck look dated and not so futuristic.
It is? I’m curious what trucks you think look futuristic compared to the Tesla.

Is it the Silverado design language straight out of the Avalanche from the 1990s? The low cargo capacity on the Rivian and the Silverado? The 230 mile range on the F150?

I just don’t see how any of these trucks look more futuristic than the Cybertruck.

i cant understand how the other manufactures are beating Elon out of the gate.
There is exactly 1 truck on the market—The Rivian R1T—it was launched a full year ahead of the Cybertruck. The Ford F-150 Lightning is on track to be launched 3-6 months ahead of the Cybertruck (and they don’t seem capable of building more than a 100 per week). I guess I don’t see how much has changed. GM and Ram are likely hitting the streets well after the Cybertruck.

Things are changing to elevate the price, nothing is what it had seemed.
As far as I know of, there are 2 major changes. 4 wheel steering and quad motor configuration. Oh… door handles which are likely a cost *saving* measure.

We have no idea how or if these changes are going to affect pricing.

No worries, the Cybertruck is top of Tesla’s priority sheet right now… well second, right after Model Y production.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Believe me I have followed everything to do with cyber truck I am well informed. I take people at their word when it comes to business, here we are years later and no future prospect of when mfg will start. We don’t know who is beating cyber truck out of the gate i just know cyber truck is not coming out the gate. I think Elon should have waited 2 years to do the reveal while he built the plant. In Austin.
Tesla’s goal is to get as many people into EVs as quickly as possible.

By launching when they did and completely blowing sales targets out of the water, they forced everyone’s hands. If they hadn’t launched the Cybertruck when they did, the only electric pickup truck on the market would be the Rivian… and many not even that. The F-150, the Silverado, and the Hummer are all responses to the huge numbers Tesla posted on the Cybertruck.

Prior to that, the electric truck “industry” was a tiny market with a total of 10,000 orders spread across a few brands nobody recognized.

Without the Cybertruck, it’s likely Ford, GM, and Ram would still be sitting on their hands.

Mission accomplished.
Sponsored