First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
#Heavensgate
There is a little community up the hill from here with that name and the first time I drove through I wondered if it was “The Heavens Gate”. Alas it is not.

I sort of want to buy A place in there and AirBNB is… just so I can stock the pantry with nothing but Kool Aid.

(I know Kool Aid was actually Flavor Aid and it was Jonestown not Heavens Gate… Its a prank)
Sponsored

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
At the current rate, they will have more electric trucks shipped in the six months than Rivian, Ford, and GM combined.
Yup

Not a truck but Ford can't even produce Mustang Mach-e EV that has been out for over a year. So far this year Ford is producing Mustang Mach-e at a lot lower rate than last year. The brand new Hyundai Ioniq-5 /KIa EV6 EVs are already selling more per month than Ford's EV.

Former Ford CEO Jim Hackett, assembling the Mustang Mach-e in Mexico allows Ford to make a profit from the first vehicle, unlike other electric vehicles.

I doubt they are really making a profit on these 1st gen Mustang Mach-e or else they would not slow production to make more ICEs.

-------------------------

Ford Mustang Mach-E is a battery electric compact crossover SUV produced by Ford. The vehicle was introduced on November 17, 2019, and went on sale in December 2020 as a 2021 model
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_Mach-E

Unlike the ICE Mustang models, the Mach-E is not assembled in the United States. Rather, the final assembly point is Cuautitlán Assembly in Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico. According to former Ford CEO Jim Hackett, assembling the vehicle in Mexico allows Ford to make a profit from the first vehicle, unlike other electric vehicles.

US: Ford Mustang Mach-E Sales Down Significantly In February 2022 The volume dropped by almost half year-over-year. What is happening?
Mar 02, 2022
By Mark Kane
https://insideevs.com/news/571003/us-ford-mache-sales-february2022/

Ford's EV production in 2022 has been a DISASTER
Mar 27, 2022
The Electric Viking

----

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Cult of Cybertruck? Okay, sure. I don't care. I am a Ford truck owner too, but I try to keep a clear head against the cult of Ford or Chevy or Mopar or Toyota. There are so many brands that have an unreasonable loyalty. Tesla, at least has something that is entirely different, better, faster, stronger, and less expensive to operate.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
People were skeptical Tesla would ever deliver the Cybertruck on day 1.

Tesla’s delay has only reinforced their bias.

The only thing which will shut some people up is actual deliveries in customer hands.

Then they will talk about how it didn’t live up to the hype. Or about how the battery pack is too small.

Just ignore the ICE trolls.
true....but we still need the giga press that seems to be lost

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
true....but we still need the giga press that seems to be lost
Seems like it takes about six months for a Gigpress to go from delivery to production.

if we get to August with no Giga I’ll start getting worried.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Seems like it takes about six months for a Gigpress to go from delivery to production.

if we get to August with no Giga I’ll start getting worried.
I won't. It's only six months, if that. And they only need it for mass production. So it's nearly the last thing.

-Crissa

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Disclaimer: I have been a member here longer than many of you AND I would definitely have loved my CT by now...

Hit Piece? C'mon brrraaahhhhh... Some of the reactions here do make it sound a bit culty at times. What if they, for whatever crazy reason DON'T actually begin to produce the truck and focus on the many, other exceptional and necessary areas to accomplish the goal of getting us safer and progressed towards GTFO this rock? Giga Texas can address all sorts of production challenges... And we don't have any (as far as we can tell) Giga Press action yet... a key ingredient.

In Elon We Trust? Confirmation bias? Overlooking some of the unsavory practices and behaviors in the company or just explaining them away? Yeah... there is a cult of personality thing going on at times. Accepting that is healthy and a good first step to realizing that there is nothing perfect in our universe and you have to do the best you can with your sweet chunk of it. Placing too much faith in ANYTHING is a bad scene.

Separately, why trash talk all these other manufacturers? They are actually producing vehicles to the extent they can. They ARE competitors whether you want them to be or not. There are people opting for them vice the CT. There are many people here that have res/orders/whateves with ALL the trucks that have an electric component. You can actually flip the argument and say that until TESLA is producing CTs, then they aren't really a competitor. Right?

SS

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hit Piece? C'mon brrraaahhhhh...
I generally avoid loaded terms like “Hit Piece”. Heck I generally avoid articles like this and definitely won’t post them. But I will say an article that uses loaded language like “Cult” probably deserves that title.

When you use a phrase like that, you choose it deliberately to discredit the group you are talking about. If the article were talking about the fact that people in this forum were quite biased about the appearance of the truck or talking about the fact that many here are quick to pan the Rivian or the Lightning… then perhaps I could understand using that term.

But we’re talking about whether Tesla will in fact deliver the Cybertruck at all here. If you seriously doubt that at this point, maybe you should check if you are in the anti-Tesla cult. The evidence that Tesla is planning on cranking out the Cybertruck is pretty significant and growing.

OP
OP
rr6013

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
“Cult“ bullshit stinks, it is powerful if it sticks. That’s why I posted originally. OEMs know the power of encumbancy, first mover advantage and they are scared shitless. OEMs stand to lose their franchise whole to Tesla. They can’t afford to battle a loser image that in fact they were caught asleep at the wheel and stand to lose a BEV market to Tesla. Surprise surprise here come the hit pieces!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Consider for a moment, we’re 2 years after GM promised 12 EVs by 2023. GM has pulled 2 off the market and release one which sells in such low volume most companies wouldn’t even call it a production vehicle.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33352012/gm-electric-cars-cadillac-chevy-buick-hummer-specs/

Aside from one comment calling this lack of movement in Electrek, nobody seems to care about this.

Where are the pieces talking about how only true ‘Chevy Cult‘ members would believe they will have a dozen EVs shipping by next year?

Which is more likely, a company that shipped nearly half a million EVs in the US will launch a single EV next year, or that a company which struggled to get 100 EVs out during the past 2 quarters will ship 12 Models in the next 19 months?

But Tesla is a cult.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
“Cult“ bullshit stinks, it is powerful if it sticks. That’s why I posted originally. OEMs know the power of encumbancy, first mover advantage and they are scared shitless. OEMs stand to lose their franchise whole to Tesla. They can’t afford to battle a loser image that in fact they were caught asleep at the wheel and stand to lose a BEV market to Tesla. Surprise surprise here come the hit pieces!
.... and the end of a strong quarter !

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
plenty of cult followers here. also plenty of people who just really like the truck.

haters gonna hate.

If anyone else made the 80s sci fi movie truck of my dreams for an affordable price today instead of 3 years from now I'd be all over it.
Haha 80s sci-fi game/movie truck is exactly how I describe my joy for CT to people who don't understand it.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You can check out any time, but you can never leave.
Well, once I get my CT there will be lots of leaving... I'll be out on a drive if you need to contact me.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
This is going to happen until the CT shows up. And it's going to be BAD for the other makers.
People out there actually think that GM delivering 3 Hummers a month is "delivering". People think that Rivian sending out less than 300 trucks a month is "delivering" People actually think that Ford is going to deliver the promised 75,000 trucks in 2022 (by the way, they're down to 8 months left). Fords plant will be just as slow as Rivian's.

The only way out from under this is for Tesla to deliver. And after seeing how the Model S, X, and Y handle their business the CT is going to roll off the line and embarrass everything else on the market.

But unfortunately, until it shows up, it's a matter of "hear me now, believe me later". Like I've said, there are going to be so many legacy shill sites eating crow, people are going to think it's the new chicken. So until that day we just have to grin and bear it.
Sponsored