Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I've got rice to celebrate with!!!
I have squirt bottles and lighters at the ready. I even have a couple rolls of Scott tissue.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Does anyone know what candidates mean in this context? Can Tesla order 375K parts if they don’t know which CT they are building? How does the sequence of events work? Do share if any of you are familiar with the process.
All of the various models will be nearly identical save the battery/ motor configuration and those are built in house.

So mix of models should matter.

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Getting more excited...does this mean I may be driving one this year?

Cybertruck Reservation number began at 112744100

My RN is 112755347
I am 11,247 in line...

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Does anyone know what candidates mean in this context? Can Tesla order 375K parts if they don’t know which CT they are building? How does the sequence of events work? Do share if any of you are familiar with the process.

p.s. My assumption is that the weakest link determines the actual production numbers not just one part. And that may explain the difference between 250 and 375.
It means they've locked in design/engineering/etc for the current build that 1.0.

And yes, the weakest link is their suppliers, which is why they want to move everything in house and control that.

It's also a baseline. so they'll probably be ordering well over 375K of each parts and if they ran ramp up production they already have the parts.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

...and includes any solar, other per-release vehicles, and power sales...

Tho I doubt there's many in between the first 11k Cybertruck orders!

-Crissa

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
So Elon said something like it is hard to make the CT affordable. But, Elon and team have an awesome track record of getting hard things done.

So, I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
my plan is different buy a model Y NOW and pay it off.. when they reach my number the Y becomes my down payment on the CT
That was my plan.. But three years later, it looks like i'll get to keep both!

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That puts my delivery date to '24-'25. I'll be well into my 80s. Iwonder if I will be able to climb into the front seat
I thought I'd have mine last year but it looks like I won't get it next year when I'll be 80 too.

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That was my plan.. But three years later, it looks like i'll get to keep both!
I'll trade my Model 3 too. But it looks like my earliest is 2025 if I'm luck because I'm in the middle of the pack.

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag

My RN is 112755347
I am 11,247 in line...
I bet they won't make more than a couple thousand this year. If the price is astronomical then yes you'll be able to buy.

If my math is right, and my math is sometimes right (to paraphrase Lord Humperdink/Princess Bride), you have 10k people in front of you so to me yes there is a chance that you'll get your cybertruck this year especially if you are willing to be flexible and accept someone else's order that is not exactly what you wanted.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
I expressed this before and I am still slightly concerned that Telsa will put the CT in its more luxury class with the Model X and S by controlling the price. They could ramp up those vehicles for higher mass production and greatly drive the price down which would increase the demand. I know a lot of folks that would much rather have an X than a Y but they couldn't afford it. The way Elons attitude toward the CT has shifted is concerning. It used to be like this is going to be a crazy efficient car to make at a really low number to this is going to be an expensive car to make and we will probably keep production low unless people really want it. Well people aren't going to really want it for very long if its $80k+. I guess the one positive thing is that they do seem to be setting up production for higher qty's than the X or S. But again, Tesla will have control of the supply demand curve on this one with their pricing.

I am hoping Elon was paying attention when Apple unveiled the pricing for the Apple Vision and people gasped. Anyway, I am a day one reservation holder and I have been looking forward to this beast for years as many others have. I want to see the CT beat the pants off bubbly Rivian and the cookie cutter Lighting.
I'm pretty sure it will not be in the luxury class and I say this because of the numbers. There were 66k Model S&X sold last year and 1.2MM 3&Ys. They're targeting 375k units annually which is closer to the 'mass market' (for lack of better term) vehicles than the luxury vehicles. But . . . . I have been wrong before