Tesla Model X
Country flag

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
So 10:51 he starts talking about the windshield light bar. I take most of what he shared as his own personal speculation so when he says that the light bar will be standard I hope he is right.

He adds it will have amber lights like the Semi because it will be a class 4 vehicle. Does that sound right? Do you think it will have amber lights and if so will it also double as a high output offroad light with second set of white led's you can switch on?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
He adds it will have amber lights like the Semi because it will be a class 4 vehicle. Does that sound right? Do you think it will have amber lights and if so will it also double as a high output offroad light with second set of white led's you can switch on?
I mean, I don’t know what he’s talking about, but the “amber lights” he appears to be referencing are those marker lights required in vehicles wider than 80”. Of course, he appears to think the CT is 84” wide, which if true would indeed require the trio of amber lights (like a Raptor) per DOT — “three amber front and three red rear identification lamps spaced between 6 and 12 inches apart at the center of the front and rear of the vehicle, as high as practicable.”

I don’t know of any requirement that “Class 4” vehicles have amber lights, though many (most? all?) Class 4 vehicles do tend to be wider than 80”.

Meanwhile, I don’t know where he gets the information that the CT will be a class 4 vehicle with a GVWR >14,000lb. That would be the equivalent of a Ford F-450 chassis platform.

Generally, that sort of GVWR would be attendant to all kinds of suspension gear we’ve not seen under the CT. (The “air suspension” system we know of being attributed to the CT wouldnt typically on its own be indicative of bumping a truck up to Class 4.)

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
So 10:51 he starts talking about the windshield light bar. I take most of what he shared as his own personal speculation so when he says that the light bar will be standard I hope he is right.

The way I understood it is that Tesla told him the windshield lightbar will be there and the part relating to amber lights is his opinion/extrapolation from his width estimation and how they are placed on the Semi given he says "I am pretty confident that is how Tesla will denote this vehicle is wider". Then again as I wrote earlier:

As expected this will add more confusion than anything else, video is a bit of a mess as you can't understand what's his opinion and what is actually coming from Tesla.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I’m talkin’ to whoever’s listenin’ out there.
I was totally in tune with your new avatar from the first second. One of my favorites. Hoping Dwayne Johnson doesn’t f up the remake.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Journalist Matthew Donegan-Ryan had a chance to speak with Tesla executives at the recent 2023 Investor Day and learned info about dimensions, wheels & tires, configurations, variants, storage, bed size, performance, prices, weight and more! Check out the video and specs (some based on his own predictions) below:

Admin update: added info presented in the video:

Tesla Cybertruck dimensions.jpeg

Exterior dimensions (estimated) Dimensions (+/- 2 inch leeway):
  • Wheelbase: 145”
  • Length: 231”
  • Width w/o mirrors: 84”
  • Height: variable (air suspension)

Bed dimensions (estimated):
  • Length: 73”
  • Width: 49”
  • Rear opening: 57”
*All dimensions shrunk about 5% from concept Cybertruck

2 variants available at launch:
  • Base model with 2 motors
  • Performance model with tri-motor (prediction)

Exterior / mechanical notes:
  • There’s a frunk (opens like Rivian, not like F-150 Lightning)
  • Rear wheel steering is standard for all variants / models.
  • Air suspension is standard on all trims / models
    • Tested to handle Baja style racing
  • Lightbar (at top of windshield) will make production and will have amber lights like the Tesla Semi
  • No storage compartment sails
  • Doors are not self-presenting - door buttons are on B and C pillars
  • Bumpers and sideskirts are plastic construction (Tesla will likely offer off-road steel bumper accessory)

Interior notes:
  • 5 seats in all models
  • Steering wheel will be flat top bottom and rounded side (as seen on Beta prototype at Investor Day)
  • 18.5” display will be Tesla’s largest ever
  • No gauge cluster, center display, head-up display
  • Rear console will have screen for rear passengers

Multiple wheels / tires packages
  • 18" wheels options
  • all-season and all-terrain tire options
  • 285/75/R18 tire size
  • Goodyear brand tires

Pricing prediction:
  • Top of the line Cybertruck: $90k - $100k

Other notes:
  • There is a secret Cybertruck accessories team working on own internal accessories (working on winch, off road lights, bumpers, bike racks, camping / overlanding accessories.

Curious about the width specifically. Over 80 inch body is required in the US to have amber marker lights across the front, not just on top. Also average pickups can fit a 3rd seat in the front row at 80” but the cybertruck can’t at 84”? Also Also, the raptor’s excess width comes entirely from the fender flairs and tires, not the body itself. CT looks like it’s fairly slab sided so in theory has a MUCH wider body than an F150 if the measurements are correct, which does not explain the story of 5% smaller or the ditching of the jump seat because it “wouldn’t fit”.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
A lot of this is nothing but speculation. I’m still waiting on official numbers and specs.

84” width without mirrors? I call BS.
100% this is the dumbest fake stat. Mark my words CT will be no more than 80” wide. We’ve seen zero concepts with Amber front marker lights.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Curious about the width specifically. Over 80 inch body is required in the US to have amber marker lights across the front, not just on top. Also average pickups can fit a 3rd seat in the front row at 80” but the cybertruck can’t at 84”? Also Also, the raptor’s excess width comes entirely from the fender flairs and tires, not the body itself. CT looks like it’s fairly slab sided so in theory has a MUCH wider body than an F150 if the measurements are correct, which does not explain the story of 5% smaller or the ditching of the jump seat because it “wouldn’t fit”.
Probably the biggest frustration about this is the mixing of speculation with things he heard or observed. It’s not entirely clear what is fact and what is just throwing darts.

He should have separated the 2 more clearly.

I think the 3rd seat got nixed for reasons other than the width. Very possibly related to safety/ airbags, but that’s just speculation.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
First off, agree that the “84” after a 5% reduction” is nonsensical.

Separately and otherwise, just as you mention the Raptor is so wide compared to an F150 because of its fenders/flares, remember that unlike an F150 a CT does still have material fender flares.

Those CT flares on the investor day prototype look to be possibly as wide as 4” a piece, for a combined 8” of width built into any total of 80”

As for the CT flares being possibly 4” wide, we have good reason to believe the below tires are about 12” wide:

Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] 15F8EE5C-2CE8-4F8B-976C-3B49D07CA21C

Obviously conjecture on the exact dimensions of the flares, but the example of the Raptor vs F150 is directionally true also of the CT vs F150. Maybe 3”-4” flares? Not 2”

So while it’s nonsensical that a 84” CT has been shrunk down (from what!?) 5%, it is plausible that an 80” wide CT (down from 84’) lost interior space and so lost the 6th seat. Especially if, of that 80”, it includes a good 6-8” of fender flares.

Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] 25F7645F-034A-4A9D-99F1-F0B62F72D46A

Outlaw1

First Name
RS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Colorado, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
How is an open window not a "passthrough"
Exactly! I was thinking the same thing. If what he says is true...and... If the vault is closed and the window comes down, you can get to the bed. May not be ideal, but that makes it possible to sleep securely in the vault. The mid-gate for the Avalanche, Escalade ext, Silverado EV, etc. was because the bed is shorter. CT doesn't have that problem. I would like a mid-gate but this may do, not sure about the HVAC reaching the vault.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Exactly! I was thinking the same thing. If what he says is true...and... If the vault is closed and the window comes down, you can get to the bed. May not be ideal, but that makes it possible to sleep securely in the vault. The mid-gate for the Avalanche, Escalade ext, Silverado EV, etc. was because the bed is shorter. CT doesn't have that problem. I would like a mid-gate but this may do, not sure about the HVAC reaching the vault.

Zero normal adult size humans without severe eating disorders and contortionist training will be getting through the window into the bed. Even if that were somehow possible, Imagine getting stuck and the fire department having zero solutions for cutting the truck apart to rescue you.

Last edited:

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Working
Country flag
beaucoup trop large pour une version européenne il faut réduire au moins de 0m30 la largeur !!
on attend toujours le poids !!
Ça ne vendra pas des masses en Europe donc c’est pas bien grave.

Pourquoi tu n’utilises pas Google Translate ou autre pour te faire comprendre par le reste de la communautĂ©. Quoi que je ne connais pas beaucoup de français qui ne parlent pas anglais
 C’est peut-ĂȘtre pour ĂȘtre stylĂ© 😂
Sponsored