cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
for one the wheelbase is not the same as a same length F150.
caught this gaff, too

E="RVAC, post: 139669, member: 12968"]
His (MDR) statements cannot coexist
Roger that - I can’t square a 5% reduction with the vehicle continuing to be 84” wide

If there was an overall 5% shrink from unveil, it could only mean:

• 5% from the unveil on stage prototype (84”->79.8”)

• 5% from the unveil on-screen specs (79.8” -> 75.8”)

Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] 8FC68FE9-21BB-4F46-B7A8-4F3628918743
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
For what it's worth, I think a lot of the content was good/accurate. Like others, not a fan of the milking and drama, but hey, everyone wants to be an influencer these days. I also put a little more faith in his comments hearing that he was talking to multiple employees at a meet and greet, and not just a random guy guarding the truck.

I think his measurements are close to accurate, and make a lot of sense since they've been targeting the F150 all along. Fears of a midsize truck are gone. We saw the amber lights on previous test trucks. We know there's no midgate from the body casting we saw. The rear window going down is consistent with Elon's comments and would allow hvac circulation into the bed with a camper addition shown on reveal night. The 6th seat delete is a surprise and disappointment but probably also true. I don't buy the "no room" reasoning on a 80" wide truck, but it might be a case of "no room to include a 3rd seat and still use the existing seats from the model X and we don't want to design and produce new ones " sorta thing. No driver's screen is slightly surprising given one test truck did have it, but none was promised or shown at reveal. Two models is probable, and there's a good chance they don't bother with 4 motors due to cost. The accessories team makes a ton of sense from an ez profits perspective, truck owners love accessories, and the CT's unique shape/48volt battery will make third party products a little tough early on while the market it small.

We're about 3-4 months from production, so what we saw is likely very close to final. Overall I'm pretty stoked that they kept it that close to the initial promise, and even added a few things like 4-wheel steering. The huge question remaining is battery/range. Really hoping the 500 mile promise is kept. It needs to have at least 400 for me to ditch my gas car. Winter hits range hard and there are areas here that don't have good charging options yet. Get that big battery in, and take my money!
it's just too bad we Canucks won't have any EV rebates on the CT.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Eye roll. An entirely new market segment wringing their hands about the lack of a hud/steering wheel screen. Seriously, ask any of the four million people who drive model 3/Y vehicles: it does not matter. It is fine. You will not miss it.
4 million - 1. I am not totally satisfied.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Really? The size reduction discussed by Elon (and with Franz) was solely about exterior dimensions. You can invent whatever discussion you want but my comments were about Elon’s comments and exterior dimensions. He never said anything (ever, to my knowledge) about changing internal dimensions. If you have a quote from him, fine.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
He never said anything (ever, to my knowledge) about changing internal dimensions. If you have a quote from him, fine.
Did you even read the linked post?

Forum member: “let’s engage in some conjecture”

You: “this is conjecture!”

*crickets chirping*

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I agree. How is that grill not one with the hood? Makes no sense. Also wouldn't there be a gap between the end of the hood and the light bar? I know Tesla's panel gaps have improved greatly over the years but that is seamless.
Either way, that hood absolutely needs a hydraulic piston like a hatchback door to keep the massive weight from slamming down on grandma, or teenage child, or short wife and causing serious injury.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Either way, that hood absolutely needs a hydraulic piston like a hatchback door to keep the massive weight from slamming down on grandma, or teenage child, or short wife and causing serious injury.
I am having a hard time getting used to your new avatar.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I’m talkin’ to whoever’s listenin’ out there.
Sounds like something Matthew Donegan-Ryan might say. :ROFLMAO:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Sounds like something Matthew Donegan-Ryan might say. :ROFLMAO:
Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] 1678562432736