CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
I heard the light bar can only be turned on in “off road” mode..is this true?

Demonvial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Hmm. I ordered a beast, and am looking forward to the light bar as I live down some dark woodsy roads. But, in my state, "Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than sixteen inches nor more than forty-two inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands."

I guess we'll see what the local sheriff says ...
You should be more than fine everywhere in the US if you cover it. If it doesn’t come with one, I have no doubts there will be an aftermarket cover/flap you will be able to buy for it. The laws say it’s ok to have one installed as long as it’s covered. What you quoted only applies to uncovered lightbars/lamps.

Mal

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep CJ-7
Country flag
You should be more than fine everywhere in the US if you cover it. If it doesn’t come with one, I have no doubts there will be an aftermarket cover/flap you will be able to buy for it. The laws say it’s ok to have one installed as long as it’s covered. What you quoted only applies to uncovered lightbars/lamps.
Oh, nice. For some reason, I wasn't even thinking about covers. Thanks for the reminder!

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Depends on the state. CA requires they be OFF & covered at all times unless on a private road or off road.
I'm glad I live in Arizona then. We can have off road lights and a turret system..lol
Screenshot_20240227_110306_Google.jpg

Saygmo

First Name
Sas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 awd
Country flag
I would like.to see wind noise test at highway speeds. Obstructions on the roof can be very noisy.
Agree. Be nice to get some db readings with light bar and roof rack. Also just some db readings in general on freeway at different speeds, to compare with other quiet trucks like f150 and ram 1500.

NoMoGas

First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P85, P85+, 3, Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Occupation
SpaceX Avionics Engineer
Country flag
Depends on the state. CA requires they be OFF & covered at all times unless on a private road or off road.
Fun fact, they are only required to be covered if they are over the roof line. I suspect this is specifically why it is flush with the roofline and actually on the window :)

ChristoN

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MS LR, 2022 MYP
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hmm. I ordered a beast, and am looking forward to the light bar as I live down some dark woodsy roads. But, in my state, "Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not to exceed two auxiliary driving lamps mounted on the front at a height not less than sixteen inches nor more than forty-two inches above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands."

I guess we'll see what the local sheriff says ...
which is why it is only operable in off-road mode.

Lashonboss11

First Name
Lashon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Im going to be honest with all of you I love the cybertruck too death I even have the cyberbeast on order and awaiting delivery right now and I love the off-road light bar concept but the current design I think is ugly. Tesla design team could of some how design that light bar a little better then they did and just incorporate it under the front windshield to give it a seamless transition. I know for sure as soon as I get my cyberbeast with the light bar I'm planning on doing some refinement to the light-bar to be mounted under the glass in the area where the cross member attaches right below the windshield.
Sponsored