Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
To me it seems Tesla pretty good at for every 50kwh battery size you get about 200 miles of range. For 500 mile range they need around 125 kwh pack...My estimate of 130-140kwh seems plausible. I think they can definitely squeeze 320miles out of a 100 kwh pack in dual motor np. 500 mile could be 150 kwh but that is prob max. Nothing over 150kwh is needed.
I would agree if it was no heavier, same frontal area, and roughly same drag as the X…
But the Cybertruck is not any of those, so I do not expect it to be as efficient as a Model X.
Sponsored

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Range of 500 miles with a 172 KWh pack, would require an efficient energy consumption rate of 344 Wh/mi (Watt-hours per Mile). I've been speculating a little bit more energy per mile for the weights we're now seeing for Cybertruck, but we'll see. Wonder what the largest pack available in the Cybertruck will be?

- ÆCIII
I guess we'll find out when Tesla starts sourcing those solid state batteries from Toyota 😁

Haopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100d, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Found this interesting and thought it might bring to light a better estimate for battery pack size.

https://www.rivianforums.com/max-pack-1-100-charging-curve-speed-r1t/

I think looking at this data, and comparing the leaked 71% SOC, at a charging speed of 75kw/55 minutes remaing puts the CT with a slightly smaller battery pack at somewhere around 120ish...
I need Kwh for towing.. so giving up the R1t might be tough for me until a larger pack is available..

I still don't understand the 75kw charge speed charging at 77 miles/hr.. thats terribly inefficient( ~1kwh/ mile!), but might be right after plugging in so things were still adjusting?
Sponsored