Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Hi All. I realize so many are fretting over fingerprints, range, and build quality. I am here to make you feel better. I realize that you'll have lots of questions but I am very busy these days so I won't be able to check this thread all that often.

1. I have owned Tesla's since 2012 and have taken delivery on several as my whole family has them. Sometimes there's a few quality issues but my last Model Y in 2022 was flawless. And again, this Cybertruck delivered January 29, 2024 is absolutely flawless. There is not a single defect!

2. Fingerprints. Jeez, all the worries those youtubers can drum up. I guess they love drama! Windex and a microfiber towel wipes them off easily. Even after they have set a few days. Spray, wipe, gone!

3. Driving is like a dream. I am a truck owner and have owned all the Japanese and USA trucks at some time or another. This Cybertruck drives like a dream compared to any of those.

4. Range. Now you'll be able to sleep at night. I know I lost sleep over the range worries. But wow, Cybertruck is doing well for me. There are no Aerocaps, all terrain tires, temps 45 to 60 degrees. 80% fwy at 60 to 65 MPH. 20% around town. 1000/338 x 123= 363.9 miles. That's like too good to be true!!! This is only a 243 miles of driving sample but I still want to share it with you now, so you folks can be optimistic about your range.

This truck is awesome. Now that I have it I have lost all my apprehension and I absolutely LOVE IT! I think that you will love it too!!

IMG_0441.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 7.19.23 AM.png
Seems like you are driving very very slow and on chill mode. I am on chill mode and trying not to drive the car aggressively but have been averaging 380/watts. I am also finding I am losing over 20 miles a day with the car in the driveway with sentry turned off and no cabin overheat on either. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Texarado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’24 CT AWD FS; ’18 Model 3 AWD
Country flag
your business is your business. Range reports at 60-65mph are no less valid than range reports at 75-80mph. As long as we are given the speed, which we were here, then we can count each report as an additional piece of data.
Thanks. I want to apply this to the various tow analyses. Doesn’t make any of them right or wrong. I just want datapoints to draw my own conclusions and shape driving habits to make it work when needed.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
He also said in perfect sunlight, it would maybe get 3 miles of range per day (revised from the original 7 that he thought). Hardly enough to make a difference here.

OP
OP

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Thanks for your post! Driving at 60 to 65 mph on many busy freeways could be considered somewhat dangerous; however, your reported range numbers look great. I am really more concerned with slow DC fast charging on long road trips. Have you Supercharged yet?
No, I have not Supercharged yet.

bertley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and Y
Country flag
Really 60 mph , you really driven 60 mph on a highway ?
how many cars or slower ugly cars passed you ?
And it is very dangerous driving to show the better range on a truck, if you do not drive , the range will be infinite
To be fair, the interstate/highway system that runs all around my area has speed limits of 55 and 60, so 60-67 is typically what I drive as well on any given day. Great to see these efficiency numbers!

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
And it is very dangerous driving to show the better range on a truck, if you do not drive , the range will be infinite
There are a lot of highways that are 65 or even 55mph. Not always 70+.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Where are these 65mph areas? Southwest 75mph is the posted limit is common.

TeslaFANa

First Name
Fiesky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model s, 2018 model x, 2024 cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I don't agree with this at all, I like driving fast. However, on most trips if I want to maximize range I set the cruise at 65 mph, considering the speed limit is 70 mph on most interstates in the country, I don't see a problem with this. Most our Beach trips are 200 mi, driving 65 mph gets me there in 3 hours, driving 75 mph gets me there in 2 hours and 40 minutes so the difference is not that big, driving 80 Miles per hour or more is a range killer. Just because you like driving fast doesn't mean driving close to the speed limit is dangerous. And before you ask, I live in South Carolina but I have lived in the Midwest , in South Florida and in the Northeast, I know how fast-highways work, there's usually room for somebody who wants to drive at the speed limit and there's usually the annoying person driving 50 mph that hold up traffic and agree can be dangerous when the difference is that extreme..

Tesla Cybertruck 2 weeks of Cybertruck ownership and happy with range numbers. You'll be very happy. 1000106312

OP
OP

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
I was driving at the speed of most of the traffic. This is the coast north of LA by 2 hours. Cars typically driving along here 55 to 70, rarely over that.

OP
OP

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Where are these 65mph areas? Southwest 75mph is the posted limit is common.
California coast . Posted 55 to 65. Few drive this area over 70.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Happy Cybertruck owners are my favorite click bait. Sincerely happy you’re enjoying your truck :)
It is very refreshing to hear sometime giving a positive review and countering all the little things.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
i'm glad there is finally someone to show what I have been saying all along.

The range tests we've seen are mostly highway speed range tests or towing tests. They are showing the worst efficiency you are going to get with real life driving. Those range tests are still important, you would like to know how far you can go if you were going on a roadtrip, all highway miles, at lower temperatures. But ultimately it should come down to whether or not that is normal driving or not.

The Cybertruck will be like any other Tesla when it comes to range. Drive it fast, your range will suffer. Drive it all highway speeds, your range will reduce. Drive a balance of highway and city in a responsible way, you will likely see around the listed range. And you can choose to baby it a little and even push it beyond the listed range.

And what I've said numerous times. No one should look at a range test, look at all the bad comments and complaints and decide that the Cybertruck won't be good enough for them. Decide based on your driving and what you will accept.

If you tow long distance a lot, if you constantly drive hundreds of miles on the highway multiple times a week for any reason, if you do cross country road trips multiple times per year, it's certainly possible that the Cybertruck and other electric vehicles might not meet your needs yet.
But most of us, the vast majority of the population. Who will make it home 90% of the time before needing to charge, who need to lug around some groceries, furniture, tools, or materials from one spot in town back home, who might only tow once or twice a year, who will go cross country maybe once a year. The Cybertruck will do just fine.

and in those situations that you rarely tow or rarely go cross country. You just need to decide if the inconvenience of stopping at a couple extra superchargers once or twice a year is really worth canceling an order for a truck that you've wanted for 4 years, that would work perfectly for probably 99% of your day to day needs.