Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Sorry, no. You can't just go and pull numbers out of hats like that.

While the EPA blended range isn't meant to represent driving at 75mph, what it is intended for is the ability to compare model to model, manufacturer to manufacturer and year to year.

And in those terms, the Silverado is lacking badly when compared to its competition.

I mean you're trying to compare Silverado fleet truck driving to Tesla enthusiast driving? That's not really a great comparison.

EPA testing was created to get rid of this "real world" crap that doesn't mean anything!
Sponsored

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Well it's personal choice which vehicle you buy. Good luck to you with your $80,00
I don't think anybody in this forum or anybody for that matter is forcing you to buy a cyber truck. I mean that sounds pretty much like you have your mind made up and you should probably just join a Chevy Silverado EV forum.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
seems a spec you can’t really dog on/compare in a meaningful way unless/until you have an example of a vehicle with a 200kWh pack that does materially better

nothing for free, only trade-offs

For that matter, this is the sort of hubris that has a lot of Cybertruck fanbois receding into shadows or exercise their max cognitive dissonance these days: may want to wait and see how the Range Extender effects CT efficiency before pulling trigger on quips fired at other OEMs
You mean the Cybertruck with the range extender that goes as far with less battery? Or ANY of the other trucks listed on the page?

Ot do we just call the Hummer and Silverado the winners because they have the biggest batteries. Even though the smaller battery packs are running circles around them! In my book, the biggest battery is the loser.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag

circle back when they announce the price, range, and availability of the retail-available WT. Fingers crossed for you.

unlike fleet, where GM's margins are geared not so much towards MSRP but fleet services, they've said nothing about the price of retail WT.

unlike fleet, where low-trim/high range offerings don't cannibalize ICE truck sales, they've said nothing about the range of retail WT.

and hey, don't get me twisted, I'm not here suggesting the CT is right for anywone, much less with the range extender.

but i will flag when someone is comparing a real product available at market vs a still yet imagined product with assumptions about specs

i did that AGAINST the CT prior to the delivery announcement info, and have to be consistent :ROFLMAO: