CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
I roughly understand the physics of how this will be a large improvement in maneuverability. Can't wait to get my hands on one to feel it. Really want to get on some snow, ice or mud. I still often think about what an improvement the balanced weight of the Lightning was over front weighted pickups when I took one for a test drive (and the full time awd).

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
The tonneau opens during vehicle operation, was curious if this would be a possibility.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The camera crew vehicle had no problem making the U in one shot. That tells you as helpful as rear steering is, with that size and wheelbase, it is just no match for a smaller vehicle when it comes to maneuverability.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
That could also be a variable rate mechanical steering box.

To tell you would have to compare the steering angle response at two different vehicle speeds, and even there a variable box can be speed sensitive too.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The camera crew vehicle had no problem making the U in one shot. That tells you as helpful as rear steering is, with that size and wheelbase, it is just no match for a smaller vehicle when it comes to maneuverability.
Don't think you can compare the turning radius of a side by side to the CT... not even close :ROFLMAO:

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That could also be a variable rate mechanical steering box.

To tell you would have to compare the steering angle response at two different vehicle speeds, and even there a variable box can be speed sensitive too.
I don't know... I've never seen a variable mechanical steering box give full lock with half turn of the steering wheel.... but then again it is Tesla so anything is possible.🤷‍♂️

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I don't know... I've never seen a variable mechanical steering box give full lock with half turn of the steering wheel.... but then again it is Tesla so anything is possible.🤷‍♂️
My first one was a Landcruiser 2 decades ago. Not as uncommon as one might think. The Europeans have a lot of them as well, and 4WS since ages.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My first one was a Landcruiser 2 decades ago. Not as uncommon as one might think. The Europeans have a lot of them as well, and 4WS since ages.
I know it's common for a full turn... but with half a turn??? Are my eyes playing tricks on me???

Had a Celica in Japan with 4WS... we get most tech late here.
Sponsored