Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
Indeed, that's the nuance of men's vehicle choices.

Preference is either a truck or an SUV even if a compact car will serve the purpose.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Some people get worried easier than others. I've found knowledge is power. Knowing that range increases dramatically with reductions in speed, I've never been worried about making the next Supercharger. Because I know that shaving 3 mph off my cruising speed would be enough to leave plenty of margin if things were looking tight.

When you get more experience, you will naturally not get nervous as easily as when you have the perspective of a beginner and don't fully appreciate how much range improves with small reductions in speed. Model 3's have gone over 600 miles at 37 mph!

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I once pulled into t charger with 1 mile remaining. I was extremely worried I would have to push the car the last few yards but it all seemed to work. This was a Ford Focus with a measly 80 miles of promised range that actually operated with about 60 miles. It was a headache and I used it for the 25 Roundtrip commute i have. The anxiety was pretty high, and I hope to not have that experience again.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla builds in a fair bit of range below zero - partially because the actual charge state is a bit of an ephemeral thing that you can't observe directly, partially because it's safer and better for the pack or have a safety margin.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Once on a long trip with 3 bikes on the back I discovered the Supercharger I’d planned on using was shut down due to a fire-precautionary black out. Had to drive 30 unexpected miles with 3 bikes on the back of the car. Drove the last 2 miles with 0 range.

Do not recommend, but it didn’t even get to the part of the battery where it slows down so probably had at least a few more miles left.
Sponsored