JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'd like to see the actual report. This was just fluff. Nothing even worth mentioning for the vehicle that was tested 18months ago.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Here we are, 3 months from a release candidate and 4 months from the start of production, and these same anti-Tesla people are at it again. I am so tired of this FUD stuff. Personally, I have complete faith that Tesla will have addressed every issue in the next 3 months, but I guess we’ll see. I don’t need this crap adding to my frustration :-(

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Here we are, 3 months from a release candidate and 4 months from the start of production, and these same anti-Tesla people are at it again. I am so tired of this FUD stuff. Personally, I have complete faith that Tesla will have addressed every issue in the next 3 months, but I guess we’ll see. I don’t need this crap adding to my frustration :-(
I hope they choke. under water.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One of the biggest trolls on the Teslarati site "Bodhisattva" posted about this article recently as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it was either written by trolls, for trolls, or if the OP is Bodhisattva just using a different name on this forum as well.

What relevance does a year and a half old report have coming out now when they have started ramping hiring and cranking out gigacasts?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
What relevance does a year and a half old report have coming out now when they have started ramping hiring and cranking out gigacasts?
uh - insight as to perhaps why they weren’t cranking out gigacasts 2 years ago?

Reminds me: anyone know a good acronym for the 180° opposite of “FUD”?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
these same anti-Tesla people are at it again. I am so tired of this FUD stuff. … I hope they choke. under water.

the irony is that this level of defensiveness and hyperbole in favor of Tesla, causes reasonable people to be suspect of Tesla

especially when the very same brand of journalism is deployed against non-Tesla companies, and the same horde cheers it on

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
uh - insight as to perhaps why they weren’t cranking out gigacasts 2 years ago?

Reminds me: anyone know a good acronym for the 180° opposite of “FUD”?
The article actually mentions it, RDF, reality distortion field. First used in my experience with reference to Steve Jobs.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
not exactly a fair or balanced critique of the article's actual contents

the things you say above are true, and obvious, including to the sorts of people interviewed in the article who were consistent in their response: which werent responses about "alphas shouldnt have problems' but instead 'it's surprising for alphas to have these problems, or to this degree, or this near to production' (the report was from Jan 2022)

i read any journalism with a healthy dose of skepticism and critical reading applied, but even after those filters there are still plenty of interesting bits left to ponder

just one example: " The contents of the report do not deal a fatal blow to the Cybertruck. As one veteran automotive engineer, who spoke on condition of anonymity to prevent backlash from Tesla fans, says, the company has enormous financial resources which will allow it to address the issues detailed in the report. However, he said, “my first reaction is I am astounded. These are classic mechanical automotive engineering challenges that you have in pretty much any vehicle. I'm blown away that they would be struggling so much with the basics.”

namely, that wouldn't it be wild if the unnamed vet auto engineer looking to prevent backlash from fans were noneother than Monroe :ROFLMAO:
Sandy Munro speaks his mind, and hasn't been at all shy about criticizing poor manufacturing when Tesla was guilty of substandard quality in the past.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Sandy Munro speaks his mind, and hasn't been at all shy about criticizing poor manufacturing when Tesla was guilty of substandard quality in the past.
totally. It was a silly bit of fan-fiction

that said, Munro these days seems more likely to speak his own mind on his own YouTube channel, not in an interview to a competing publication

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I’ve been a part of, and/or managed the development of multiple R&D programs, most of which went into production. I’ve been involved in design, testing, QA, and IOE (Initial Operational Eval). I’ll admit, none of them were cars or trucks. However, all of them had a greater loss of life potential.

I’m not at all phased by this article. I’ll even bet that a point or two made in the “whistleblower’s” docs will survive into initial production. I doubt any safety related issues make it through. Beyond that, meh.

If this report confirms your belief that the CT is a POS and will never sell, you are a hater. If this report makes you angry that it got ”leaked” and you believe someone should go to jail for this, you are a fan boy. If you are waiting for the actual final product to come out to make any judgement on the CT, or you’re waiting for your delivery inspection before you take a side, you might be a fair minded adult, maybe.

There are many paradigms on product development. Look at the space side to see the most obvious extremes. On the NASA side (think the Apollo and Shuttle program) They test every component a kajillion times, have very few prototypes, take a long time, are rarely within budget, but have few failures, even during testing. On the SpaceX side, they use RPD (Rapid Prototype Development). They test larger groups of components and systems, test multiple levels or versions of prototypes, are sometimes under budget, may or may not make the schedule, have some spectacular failures, but always use the data to improve.

Tesla appears to be more like SpaceX, less like NASA. (Obvious reasons). They built more than one prototype, each a successive improvement on its previous version, and data appears to be gathered to make the final version better. (See the number of FSD betas that have been released)

I bet there are quite a few Highland prototypes out there, some have issues, some have those issues fixed but have new issues, and some are darn close to final. No different.
Sponsored