Sleipnir

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AEV Prospector XL
Country flag
Agreed. I want it to look like it’s survived the jump to hyperspace for years and can make the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs. 😉
Sponsored

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I’m with you dude. I’m not wrapping this sucka! (If I ever get it…. Haha)
This is a cool snapshot in time considering later that day you got your VIN.

LowPoly

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, DeLorean
Occupation
Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Delorean owner here. I promise you there will be no patina on your CT. It will look almost the same after several decades, and probably long after youre dead. What you've shown is Corten I think, with about 2 years of weathering. It's an architectural steel designed to oxidize with a pleasing patina, which then passivates it to stop rot. Very different than the 304 the CT is made out of. Sorry man. For what it's worth I agree with you that the patina would be cool.

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Cyber T, S , Infinty, Buick, sligshot, Goldwi
Occupation
Diamond coated surgical burrs
Country flag
"After the snow over the weekend, completed in 1965:"

The St. Louis arch, nice... I have a old friend that was there as the last piece was put in in '65 and even took some snapshots.
It still depends on the makeup of the SS, each type will be different. I have yet to see the makeup.

OP
OP

RedCoast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Country flag
Delorean owner here. I promise you there will be no patina on your CT. It will look almost the same after several decades, and probably long after youre dead. What you've shown is Corten I think, with about 2 years of weathering. It's an architectural steel designed to oxidize with a pleasing patina, which then passivates it to stop rot. Very different than the 304 the CT is made out of. Sorry man. For what it's worth I agree with you that the patina would be cool.
Shame, but I'm fine with it remaining the same also. I made this thread in response to all the people in the mainstream media panicking about rust and aging of the steel. For me the aging would be cool but it already looks awesome as it is.

OP
OP

RedCoast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Country flag
I'm skeptical. Was this post meant to frighten CT buyers?
Definitely does not frighten me I was just pointing out that even it the steel did rust and age a bit as some in the media were saying i would be fine with it because aged steel can look really cool.

But as @LowPoly has pointed out that the stainless steel will last a long time and not change if it is anywhere near as durable as a delorean.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I don't know if I'm even that bothered by scratches, I kind of want my Cybertruck to look like its millennium falcon "gone from one side of the galaxy to the other".

Where i am going to have mine is on a dry tropical island along the equator, lots of salt and volcanic dust in the air, things rust a lot, it actually looks like mars. I can't wait to see it age will look even better the longer it is there.
... and then you get the people upset about streaks on the windshield. Emergerd.

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Cyber T, S , Infinty, Buick, sligshot, Goldwi
Occupation
Diamond coated surgical burrs
Country flag
I'm skeptical. Was this post meant to frighten CT buyers?
I am still getting one, no fear here, there are fixes for everything, by the time I get one I am sure they will show all this stuff about rust will be falling by the waist side. It's all good. I am actually getting a military wrap on mine.
Sponsored