How old are Cybertruck Owners Club members?

• Total voters

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Think it makes sense the weighted responses of owners is heavily focused on impressionable age during the height of the 80s sci fi genre which this truck is based off of stylistically.

I am 41 at the time of reservation. I expect to be 43-45 at the time of delivery.
I expect to be at least age 70 by the time the CT becomes available. Damn!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Think it makes sense the weighted responses of owners is heavily focused on impressionable age during the height of the 80s sci fi genre which this truck is based off of stylistically.

I am 41 at the time of reservation. I expect to be 43-45 at the time of delivery.
It is heavily weighted towards people who can afford to buy a $50-80k truck but aren't so stuck in their ways that the new design or new technology would put them off.

Not a ton of sub 30 year olds can afford one. Lots of 30-40 year olds are too busy feeding their family to be able to buy a new truck.

People who are 60+ folks are likely thinking about retirement. (I am and I'm not even 60+!!)

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was thinking I was 41 but calculator claims I’m 42.
yea....my calculator stopped at 39.......I just keep celebrating the anniversary of my 39th birthday......I am 32 according to my calculator

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Already Interesting. I will Probably just be turning 30 by the time i get my hands on the CyberTruck. I had initially been putting away money for a Model 3, but when i saw the semi reveal and heard Musk talking about the truck i decided to wait. Now i just gotta keep my current vehicle going till then ?
Same here, but I will be age 70 by then!

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
I retired 14 years ago but we have been doing limited travel trailering and horse trailering because I would feel guilty about the GHGs. Once we get the Cybertruck, we are going all over. Trips planned across Canada, to Alaska and Mexico. Will also be looking forward to the FSD when the eyes start failing. Elon hurry please!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I retired 14 years ago but we have been doing limited travel trailering and horse trailering because I would feel guilty about the GHGs. Once we get the Cybertruck, we are going all over. Trips planned across Canada, to Alaska and Mexico. Will also be looking forward to the FSD when the eyes start failing. Elon hurry please!
Interesting is that millennials in the polling data are so few pickup drivers. Is this Cybertruck poll showing a cliff ahead for pickup demand?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Over the years the Feds have singled out the Medico-industrial Complex as the source of jobs for young Americans instead of manufacturing which they have exported But there are now way more corporate intermediary and administrative/bureaucratic healthcare jobs kicking back to Congress than front line clinical service delivery jobs actually caring for patients. Tesla has shown that this needn’t be the case but their sole US factory in Fremont, CA has no local political clout compared to Alameda County’s healthcare industries which has proven infuriating recently for Elon Musk. You see he shares the following contrary opinion on how best to treat the Covid19 pandemic. It’s similar to the Swedish approach.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/0...t-actually-result-in-more-coronavirus-deaths/

He believes that California politicians are interfering with herd immunity as well as the state’s and Tesla’s economic health and welfare as well as Americans’ 5 th Amendment right to life, liberty and property

The problem with modern corporate healthcare jobs is they’re for the most part low paying because they’re derived from other people’s payroll deduction taxes and lead many young adults to buy into job sharing, shift working and renting. Tesla’s products in contrast are generally purchased by people that own homes.
Not sure why politics is being injected into this topic but I find it disturbing and not particularly welcome.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Sure, maybe. I see them being on par in the sense that i view both of them as "Trucks" and so will many others. However the CyberTruck is simply on another level, not just in the realm of trucks but in the entire automotive world. The CyberTruck really cant be compared to anything. When people get there hands on these and start comparing them to other pickup trucks it simply wont be fair. Other trucks just simply cant compete.

Also i wont even be cross shopping the CyberTruck with anything else, nothing else makes logical sense for me.
I choose to see it not as 'cannot be compared to anything' but, rather, 'can be compared to everything'. That said, its size, weight, and utility will appeal to the truck and recreational vehicle much, much more than to any other.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Would love to see this more up to date. Anyone who has not voted, please do.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
This thread has been going so long, that I updated the category I fell in, because it had changed!

;)
Sponsored