Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Look up “inskip point” On YouTube for examples of the folly of not airing down.

The other reason it’s important to air down is that it reduces damage to the track. Of course you’re fine, you got through, but those attempting to follow after may not be so lucky. Bouncing and bashing a trail shows very little respect to your fellow travellers.
Looks like not only not airing down, but also thinking all season radials make good sand tires...
Sponsored

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
There are 2 types of people in the world.

Those who have used/maintained CTIS systems and those who have not.

Only those who have not, ever want it. ;)

Bingo!

Every week our shop has a CTIS issue to fix.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Look up “inskip point” On YouTube for examples of the folly of not airing down.

The other reason it’s important to air down is that it reduces damage to the track. Of course you’re fine, you got through, but those attempting to follow after may not be so lucky. Bouncing and bashing a trail shows very little respect to your fellow travellers.
Lots of entertainment with videos of the 40psi club. :p ??

jsonmaui

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hummer H1, Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I worked in Saudi. We had Hummers.....without the cab controlled tire inflation option, bc we were told it was a maintenance issue. If Tesla has developed a reliable system, it would be awesome bc having to get out and inflate or deflate tires in sandstorms, ice storms (Iraqi border), rain storms, etc. is time consuming and uncomfortable. If you go mudding, conditions are usually bad to begin with and remaining in the cab is a better option.
I enjoy CTIS on my 97 Hummer H1. Especially in sand, mud and water. I can adjust while driving too - even at 50mph. I hope it will be available on my CT. I have had issues with leaks in the past, but eventually found a shop that resolved them 4 years ago. I agree with the earlier option suggestion, but I’d definitely get it.
This a great thread, thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited: