Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't understand why the super cool wheel covers that they used at the 2019 reveal have then disappeared in all subsequents iterations and public appearances. Those naked wheels make the CT look so much worse!
They are likely snap on aero covers much like what’s on existing Teslas. Strong chance the production truck will have them.
Sponsored

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
Here’s the grainy Bigfoot video you all asked for 😂

The video is taken from the set up of a celebration for new offices in CA (announced today).

This is Tesla's marketing plan ... short video's of the same old prototype CT's garnering millions of views and keeping the buzz going while costing them zilch.

It's about to get more exciting and real when they knock out a few Giga Press units that allow us to see what the real first gen CT's look like and provide some actual specs & pricing details. In the mean time, it's shaky cam footage by the "lighting guys" that feeds the beast. :)

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
From last night's event announcing new Tesla Engineering HQ in Palo Alto.

This is what the Cybertruck was being set up for by the lighting crew.

Based on this video I would imagine that the upper light bar is out. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm shooting a slick video like this I'd have those fired up too.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Cybertruck goes plaid ... posted by our very own @greggertruck 👍
Wonder why he didn't post this cool clip up here.

Nothing personal against the forums, in fact I am trying to help the forum by doing this - video bandwidth is a lot and it's much easier to share / quicker when it's hosted elsewhere.

Love to all! <3

Not thinking we see another truck til the 28th/ 1st? 6 days.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It looks like they are setting up for some sort of promotional videography. Those lights underneath. The fog machine. The open grid industrial looking ceiling with specialty lights aiming right at the truck. The truck left in high suspension mode.
Ha! I was right!

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think these tires are the same ones that are in the top video.
I wonder if Tesla will start offering different wheel/tire options similar to what Rivian (and other companies) have on their configurators. Some folks will want on-road range. Others like AT/MT tires that eat mileage. In a car it's not really as relevant but a truck is different.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I wonder if Tesla will start offering different wheel/tire options similar to what Rivian (and other companies) have on their configurators. Some folks will want on-road range. Others like AT/MT tires that eat mileage. In a car it's not really as relevant but a truck is different.
I think it’s inevitable. Off road tires are not going to be ideal for long range travel. Pretty sure Tesla is going to want to tap into that $5k+ upgrade market for high margin off-road options.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it’s inevitable. Off road tires are not going to be ideal for long range travel. Pretty sure Tesla is going to want to tap into that $5k+ upgrade market for high margin off-road options.
How many setups do you think they'll offer? I'm thinking maybe 3.

1. 18" with aero covers for range
2. 20" with 35" AT tires
3. 21" or 22" performance-ish setup

This is my rectally-derived opinion, I have no insight and I've got nothing to base it on

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How many setups do you think they'll offer? I'm thinking maybe 3.

1. 18" with aero covers for range
2. 20" with 35" AT tires
3. 21" or 22" performance-ish setup

This is my rectally-derived opinion, I have no insight and I've got nothing to base it on
Wouldn’t it be 18” for off-road as well?

I find low profile tires on trucks to be particularly heinous so hopefully they don’t ship those.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I feel like the 500+ range model exists specifically for me to care less about my aero. If I can do cool mods that hurt my range and stay above 300 miles I'll be happy

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wouldn’t it be 18” for off-road as well?

I find low profile tires on trucks to be particularly heinous so hopefully they don’t ship those.
The 18 absolutely makes more sense for traction and airing down in the real world. I was thinking other truck companies are going towards larger AT wheels so Tesla may follow. I just hope that whatever they choose, the noise isn't too bad. If you have an AT tire on an ICE truck, noise is partially drowned out by the engine. The sound of overly aggressive tires in an EV would seem louder without the competing engine.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The 18 absolutely makes more sense for traction and airing down in the real world. I was thinking other truck companies are going towards larger AT wheels so Tesla may follow. I just hope that whatever they choose, the noise isn't too bad. If you have an AT tire on an ICE truck, noise is partially drowned out by the engine. The sound of overly aggressive tires in an EV would seem louder without the competing engine.
I’d be looking more for a utility type tire myself so assuming the LR tires are good for light off-Roading they’d be fine with me. Though maybe once I get the truck that’ll chance.

Either way, I don’t think I’d need anything bigger than 18” wheels. They are more efficient and better for off-roading and general work-type stuff. Big 22-24” hoops on trucks are a good way to show you don’t really need a truck.
Sponsored