Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think you are misunderstanding the use case and intended customer.

Tesla cannot afford to assume Cybertruck owners will have the same expectations as Model S3XY drivers.

There will be some overlap but bravado and any threat to the idea of masculinity would exclude waiting for a service truck for many.

There must be a mechanism for “real truck owners” ?? to change a tyre.
I suspect the overwhelming majority of truck owners call for roadside just like everyone else. Don’t have any numbers on this, but people are people and truck owners are mostly just lazy meat bags like the rest of the planet.

Aside from that, I agree with you. I go lots of places where there is no cell service.

I’m just a cynical bastard.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Many people would use Cybertruck as a daily driver and also like to go off road occasionally, those tyre choices would be markedly different.

An easy mechanism to select the correct tyre choice for the immediate use case would be ideal.

I think you are misunderstanding the use case and intended customer.

Tesla cannot afford to assume Cybertruck owners will have the same expectations as Model S3XY drivers.

There will be some overlap but bravado and any threat to the idea of masculinity would exclude waiting for a service truck for many.

There must be a mechanism for “real truck owners” ?? to change a tyre.

for sure, where I am from it is funny but tyres are tires :)

Deleted member 3316

Yes, but most of the world spells it correctly, uses centigrade, and defines distance based on the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in 1⁄299,792,458 of a second rather than some 18th century guys foot.
?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
How does that affect your tire choice?

-Crissa
Best advantage it effects is a regular tread LT tire choice as Aussie beadlocks extend capability for going in sand air down ala Pismo Bch. LT tire choice is going to better mileage on pavé. It’ll definitely help heavy footed EV ludicrous launches from spinning a tire on the rim.

Easiest effect are AT tire choice of treads which are grippier running air down over rock, rough country roads and potholes. It is like those aren’t even there. It will change the way you drive, for sure. Its a comfortable addition that takes all the shock and pound out of a suspension.

Cybertruck on board air makes air up/down even more convenient.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, but most of the world spells it correctly, uses centigrade, and defines distance based on the length of the path travelled by light in a vacuum in 1⁄299,792,458 of a second rather than some 18th century guys foot.
?
The tricky part is lining up the thing you want to measure parallel with the light beam then counting counting 1⁄299,792,458ths of a second to get the total length.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
?
Hmmm. Really? If everyone jumped off a bridge would you do it too?

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
Ref: Air Suspension as Tire Jack – TeslaTap

With the fully planned air suspension on each Cybertruck four wheels could three fully elevated wheels possibly hold up on a deflated tire wheel for it's replacement instead of jacking it up manually at the faulting wheel? This could be fixed just by a small temporary software setting enabled by your Cybertruck SW.

To be honest, I had the idea after I found this reference as part of my research for this post... Yes, there is already someone thinking of it.

Will Tesla's Cybertruck have a supporting feature like it?
I wrote something about this a while ago on software I would like to have on the truck for changing tires, as I do plan on going off road with it. With the air compressor and impact wench, it could make changing a tire fast and easy. Looking at how flat tires are done now (no spare) by tesla, I don't see that working with the truck.

Kirko

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota 4Runner Cybertruck Reservation holder
Occupation
Reliability maintenance
Country flag

What is the expected tire size for the CT, other than 35"? 265/70/20 ? Just a guess.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What is the expected tire size for the CT, other than 35"? 265/70/20 ? Just a guess.
My "guess" it could be something like 275/65R18, which is used on Ford 250. Note that I am not very knowledgeable about truck tires YET.

- 275 vs 265 a bit wider and more traction for electric
- 65 vs 70 less rubber above rim perhaps more stable in turns
- R18 vs R20 better acceleration, but less clearance it is ok with great CT air suspension
- rating for speed TBD

Anyone please feel free to chip-in. I need to be "emaducated" WRT truck tires.

Last edited:

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
This is amazing, and more what I was aiming at. Now the question is can you put the wheel back without using the jack :cool:Citroen C5, travels with 3 wheels. Citroen C5, 3 Tekerle Gidiyor. - YouTube

The answer is yes right here:
Can it drive on three wheels?! And other Citroen DS Party Tricks - YouTube

Citroen.png
How did a company which made such fantastic cars, (in 1959) way ahead of everything else, so completely lose their way to be making the crap they make today?
(Also the 2CV and the Light 15)
Sponsored