Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
(3104) Lee Goldman V318530 TRANSPARENT ALUMINUM DG - YouTube

Tesla Cybertruck Alon - Transparent Aluminum for the Cybertruck and Space Missions Cybertruck Elon Shadow

This is great promotional video introducing "Alon". Alon is so transparent to the spectrum that you will be able to see infrared signals through it as a window. Great for looking IR from inside your new Cybertruck without having to be outside! This is stuff that will be used in space and here on Earth with the Cybertruck. How cool is that? So cool that the IR is going through it. Elon/Alon I can see you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
(3104) Lee Goldman V318530 TRANSPARENT ALUMINUM DG - YouTube

Cybertruck Elon Shadow.png

This is great promotional video introducing "Alon". Alon is so transparent to the spectrum that you will be able to see infrared signals through it as a window. Great for looking IR from inside your new Cybertruck without having to be outside! This is stuff that will be used in space and here on Earth with the Cybertruck. How cool is that? So cool that the IR is going through it. Elon/Alon I can see you.
Tesla will make sure that in fact, it's IR reflective, not transparent.

Because otherwise you'll be in a solar oven.

-Crissa

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So a combination of Alon and IR reflective laminates on inside layers, may end up being an optimal and awesome design choice for windshields and windows. I hope this advances further and I hope Tesla is actually working on it in their Armour Glass development.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored