Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag

Here are 5 analysts views of the CT expected production numbers, current prices and future prices.

Pretty much all the analysts are pro tesla.
Sponsored

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
Good call on 2X playback. A bit long in the tooth. Spot on though. As frustrating as the 100k sticker is, I am still going through with my purchase. 4 years is long enough. I'm only working 4 more years before I sell out my share in my company and fully retire. I'd purchase the dual motor if I were only towing a boat. As it stands, I will be adding the range extender and spare. Close to $120,000 out the door.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Great video, thanks for the share.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
After watching and listening to a ridiculous number of YouTube videos and podcasts about the CyberTruck I think I understand the marketing behind it and what Tesla is trying to accomplish. Of course this is just my opinion and speculation.

Personally I thought the RWD single-motor variant would be dropped. Instead I think Tesla is trying to make it as unattractive as possible, or at least kick it down the road a bit and see what demand is like. Not only is the price $21,000 more than originally announced, but you have to wait until 2025 at the earliest to take delivery. It does qualify for the $7,500 EV rebate, which drops the price to $53,490, but that’s still $6,555.45 above the inflation adjusted amount of $46,934.55 (originally $39K). Again, I’m just using an inflation calculator and speculating. 🤔

Another thing that comes to mind is the range extender. Brian McCafferty from Ride the Lightning commented on how this doesn’t seem like a very Tesla solution. On the one hand, I think it allows customers to claim the $7,500 EV rebate and then have the range extender installed afterwards, so it still qualifies (at least for the AWD model). On the other hand, it not only allows Tesla to conserve 4680’s and produce more CyberTrucks, but maybe, just maybe it makes customers realize that they don’t need a 440-470 mile range, especially if the Supercharging network continues to expand and maintain its excellent reliability. Unless of course you’re frequently towing across country in the winter. Extremely cold weather tends to cut range by 40%-50% and towing heavy loads also cuts range by around 50%. Of course it depends on how cold and how much you’re towing. These are just averages that people have reported on various YouTube channels, like Now You Know, etc.

Last edited:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Those magical 4680 battery cells were more about cutting manufacturing costs than adding range.

I'm really looking forward to Monroe's YT Cybertruck tear down series.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Good call on 2X playback. A bit long in the tooth. Spot on though. As frustrating as the 100k sticker is, I am still going through with my purchase. 4 years is long enough. I'm only working 4 more years before I sell out my share in my company and fully retire. I'd purchase the dual motor if I were only towing a boat. As it stands, I will be adding the range extender and spare. Close to $120,000 out the door.
Go big or go home!!!

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I agree with you as did Brian McCafferty. Why couldn’t they have put the range extending battery under the rear seats? I’m sure customers would have given up that space to drive an extra 180 miles. And like you said sacrificing the frunk and the gear locker in the vault could have also been a solution. I guess Tesla engineers had their reasons.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I agree with you as did Brian McCafferty. Why couldn’t they have put the range extending battery under the rear seats? I’m sure customers would have given up that space to drive an extra 180 miles. And like you said sacrificing the frunk and the gear locker in the vault could have also been a solution. I guess Tesla engineers had their reasons.
Yes, under the 2nd row seats. Even if extender under the 2nd row seats only gave extra 90 miles.

I like the inventiveness Tesla has done in complex design shape of Cybertruck bed to support retractable vault cover, 6ft length at floor, sail panels but there are limits.

An extender battery should not always require more sacrifices in bed. No forced space reductions.

The optional extender battery should have two placement options ( in bed or under 2nd row seats).

Maybe three extender battery sizes.

How many KwH of batteries could be fit under the 2nd row seats?

Last edited:

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Yes, under the 2nd row seats. Even if extender under the 2nd row seats only gave extra 90 miles.

I like the inventiveness Tesla has done in complex design shape of Cybertruck bed to support retractable vault cover, 6ft length at floor, sail panels but there are limits.

An extender battery should not always require more sacrifices in bed. No forced space reductions.

The optional extender battery should have two placement options ( in bed or under 2nd row seats).

Maybe three extender battery sizes.

How many KwH of batteries could be fit under the 2nd row seats?
It’s hard to say. If the range extender takes up 1/3 of the bed then it’s 4’x2’. Not sure about the height, but it has to stay under the tonneau cover. The area under the seats definitely seems smaller than that, but it’s not unheard of Tesla bolting seats to a battery pack. They do it with the Model Y.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
So the bed extender takes up space. What I am still waiting for is information on a rack you can mount to the 8 points on side sails. Right now Tesla has two bars with a 220 capacity. UP has 4 bars with an unknown capacity. Anyone know how to contact Tesla and find out what the capacity is if you have a rack like the one they custom built for the lithium refinery ground breaking?