Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
You state it's different.

But you don't say how it's different, other than you're insisting it's different.

That's not evidence that the tire size is different between the prototypes.

-Crissa
too many object pronouns with not enough subject pronouns for me to decipher what you are talking about
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
You are quite spot on ... I used to work for a defense contractor and my job was exactly what you are doing.
Didn't realize the military was so interested in measuring truck beds from high altitude photos!!!! :LOL:

Srsly, I know what you actually did!

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
A different tire I don't think we've seen before, at least up close. Could these be the production 285/75R18's AT tires?

Tesla Cybertruck Another Cybertruck Measurement Dimensions Thread - Based on New Videos 1234

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Admitting right off the bat the limitations of measuring things on screens, and that this is purely for whiling away time until real numbers are known:

BUT, the newest videos out of CA do give us what I believe is a *collective* first:
  • a regulation CA license plate
  • on the ‘pre-production beta’
  • with a square-on photo of the rear end

IMG_2523.jpeg

California license plates are 12” wide by 6” tall. This provides a known measure.

Given the distortion of perspective in images, one can achieve any reliable level of accuracy in relevant size only comparing objects that are ~identical distances from the camera. Because the license plate is on the same plane as the CT tailgate, the known dimensions of the license plate can be a reliable comparison to the features of the CT tailgate on that same plane of distance from camera. (Conversely, one could not with any accuracy measure, e.g., rear view mirrors because they are materially further from the camera).

I used the PowerPoint ruler function, with the image blown up, to provide a scale of 24 PP ruler marks across the license plate. So, each hash represented ~ 1/2”. I double-checked with Microsoft PowerTools pixel measurement. I’d guess the measurements are within 1.5” of true.

Resulting tailgate area measurements were as follows:
  • (Red) bottom SS edge of tailgate: 71.5”
  • (Yellow) topmost edge of tailgate: 72.5”
  • R/L taillights: <5”
  • (Blue) Distance between R/L taillights: 62.5”
  • (Orange) top ‘shelf’ of sail pillar @ tailgate: 7”
  • (Purple) tonneau at tailgate (and so distance between sail pillars at tailgate): 57”
549FFFEA-D305-4167-8F00-55DECBF1122E.jpeg

Given the limits of perspective, the above are the *most* available measurements with any reasonable degree of accuracy using the license as the standard.

The resolution of the photo wasn’t great, so edges were a bit fuzzy. A higher resolution photo would have been nice.

Still, a not bad extraction of scale
You've done a great job doing the measurements. I just got accepted as a member today - no April Fools. 🤣How about the wheels? Have they extended a couple of inches adding to it's width?
Sponsored