Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I originally placed a reservation for a Tri-Motor, with the 500 mile range (now I wonder what they were thinking promising that much range....it is 4 years later and I doubt they will be able to sell any Cybertrucks with over 400 miles of range at the launch).

I am still very interested in whatever they produce with 3 motors or 4 motors....and yes I expect it to be way more expensive than it was priced in 2019. But not more than a loaded Ford Lightning. In fact, it will probably force Ford to lower the price of their Lightning. Maybe Tesla can bring it out at the $75,000 price point.

We will see.
I do not think Tesla/Elon would have advertised their range values for the 3 trims had they weren’t certain they could achieve those numbers. On range they and performance they have never failed to achieve or succeed their promises. Which trim will come first (Tri, Quad, Dual) is anyone’s guess but I am certain of them achieving their range-for-trim values.

I am less certain about how much ‘effective’ range they will have. A truck is a different beast than a sedan. Telling the buyer 300 miles or 500 miles in a sedan is very different than telling a truck user the same thing. If they tell me 500 I had better get at least 400 on a 20%-80% charge basis. That way I don’t have to charge more than 1-2 times a week. I would feel much better if they deliver the truck with an actual, practical range like they did with the Semi; 500 miles towing at capacity from Fremont to San Diego!
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Wall Street veteran noted that pickup truck buyers want something that can carry the occasional tree branches and the like. Cybertruck consumers would probably not want to do that.

tesla-cybertruck-jim-cramer-ugliest-truck/
...I just carried a 5'x4' 4" plank of raw wood with the bark still attached in my Mazda 3, what does he think I'm going to do with a Cybertruck?

And this week I'm going to fill it with recycled bottles to get their deposit redeemed. Much easier to do with a truck.

If they tell me 500 I had better get at least 400 on a 20%-80% charge basis.
Your math doesn't work there. 20-80 is 60%, 400 is 80% of 500.

-Crissa

Last edited:

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
I hope Elon and the early delivery people stage a bunch of Cybertruck outside of Cramer’s filming location near the NYSE. Have Elon use a cybertruck to drag a F150 down 5th Avenue.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I hope Elon and the early delivery people stage a bunch of Cybertruck outside of Cramer’s filming location near the NYSE. Have Elon use a cybertruck to drag a F150 down 5th Avenue.
If we can get enough CT owners.. why don't we just drag the news station down 5th Avenue?

Tesla Cybertruck Another Jim Cramer hit piece on the Cybertruck 1682364927832

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

Jamminrio

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus ST
Occupation
COACH
Country flag
The first thing I'm gonna do with my Cybertruck is carry a GD tree branch. Take that Jim.
I was thinking when I heard him say that, your right! Cybertruck owners won’t carry a tree branch like the other trucks. It will carry the whole freaking tree, because it can.

How can he be a Tesla fan and not see the potential of this truck. You can love or hate the look, but you can’t deny what it can do that other trucks will not be able to do.

Honestly, people like Cramer are given too much clout, and they like to use buzz words for entertainment instead of real useful information. They are cognizant salespeople, knowing people that watch them religiously will quickly forget what they say, and go on to the next thing without question.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I was thinking when I heard him say that, your right! Cybertruck owners won’t carry a tree branch like the other trucks. It will carry the whole freaking tree, because it can.

How can he be a Tesla fan and not see the potential of this truck. You can love or hate the look, but you can’t deny what it can do that other trucks will not be able to do.

Honestly, people like Cramer are given too much clout, and they like to use buzz words for entertainment instead of real useful information. They are cognizant salespeople, knowing people that watch them religiously will quickly forget what they say, and go on to the next thing without question.
Yep.. its just entertainment.. nothing more.

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Cramer takes lots of cheap shots at the Cybertruck. Well, if HE thinks it's ugly, then it has to be ugly... (insert eye roll here :cautious:).

The guy is a total buffoon, IMHO this pretty much assures the CT will be a hit. I'm going all in on TSLA.

From the article:

But as per Mad Money host Jim Cramer during an episode of CNBC’s Squawk on the Street, he doesn’t really expect many car buyers to get much value from the Cybertruck. “I’m calling it a toy for Elon Musk fanboys,” Cramer noted, stating that the vehicle will probably be like a Lamborghini, costing too much and having a battery that’s too large.

Cramer was also pretty open about his criticism of the Cybertruck’s design, noting that it was “hideous” and the “ugliest truck I’ve ever seen.” “This thing is ugly. I’m sorry, and I love Tesla, by the way,” Cramer said.

Quite interestingly, Cramer noted that the Cybertruck will probably not be as appealing to the average truck buyer since people that buy pickups would like to use their vehicles as working units. The Wall Street veteran noted that pickup truck buyers want something that can carry the occasional tree branches and the like. Cybertruck consumers would probably not want to do that.

tesla-cybertruck-jim-cramer-ugliest-truck/
F this chump! Cramer is constantly wrong and nothing but a Muppet for whomever has their hand up his backside to make his mouth move.