BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
If I had to guess, pothole and rough terrain detection for the air suspension.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am hoping for cameras up by the top of the vehicle, both front and rear facing. This location would provide the best visibility and be the least susceptible to mud, snow, etc. Does anyone know whether there are cameras up there? We have seen the side cameras and the two back by the license plate (at least on the one that was in the Petersen museum though the one in NYC appears to be using a standard plate). It is standard for Tesla to have one up by the rearview mirror so I guess the front-facing camera up high is a given. Rear facing high camera?

thanhvtruong

First Name
Thanh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord Hybrid, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Country flag
That looks different than most of the other cameras. I am not sure if that's actually a camera.

Yakuza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Datsun
Country flag
That will allow for an overhead, 360 type view. Also will be handy for off-roading, looking for bumps (until mid kicks in). I think the Rivian or hummer have something like this.

360 underneath cameras (which could eliminate blind spots) in addition to the normal suite will allow much better FSD. The CT is supposed to have a more powerful chip set, and the extra processing power will be needed for several extra cameras.

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am hoping for cameras up by the top of the vehicle, both front and rear facing. This location would provide the best visibility and be the least susceptible to mud, snow, etc. Does anyone know whether there are cameras up there? We have seen the side cameras and the two back by the license plate (at least on the one that was in the Petersen museum though the one in NYC appears to be using a standard plate). It is standard for Tesla to have one up by the rearview mirror so I guess the front-facing camera up high is a given. Rear facing high camera?
My MDX has a camera front ,rear and sides(mirrors) when I select all, it looks like a bird ? is looking down and relaying my position. Point is the more cameras there are the more area you see.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That will allow for an overhead, 360 type view. Also will be handy for off-roading, looking for bumps (until mid kicks in). I think the Rivian or hummer have something like this.

360 underneath cameras (which could eliminate blind spots) in addition to the normal suite will allow much better FSD. The CT is supposed to have a more powerful chip set, and the extra processing power will be needed for several extra cameras.
Where did you hear about the CT having a more powerful computer? I'd love it but frankly don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere. Of course, with it coming out so long since the last new vehicle release, it is possible we could get ourselves into a new generation of hardware; I just don't recall it ever being mentioned. Do you have a cite?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Several new off-road vehicles have this, the new Hummer for sure, and I think the Wrangler and/or Bronco offer it.