Any comments on current Full Self-Driving experience from existing Tesla owners or likely timelines for full implementation??

bimerguy

First Name
cw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberturck to be
Country flag
I've included this FSD feature in my Pre-order for obvious reasons but wonder about a few items:

1) New to EVs and Tesla and have heard of the Summon feature that was said to actually call the car from the parked location to the owner waiting at the restaurant front door without an incident...is this real for other owners with this feature?
2) And how confident are you with such Auto features in that any accidents would be an insurance problem?
3) How likely will the FSD be implemented in the USA and any word on the timeline?
Sponsored

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
No Tesla here, but...
1) watched lots of smart summon videos (this is a feature I want badly). It is still in the baby steps mode but maturing rapidly.
2) only one insurance company was willing to respond (to a reporter asking this question) and they said it will be on a case-by-case basis.
3) US has still not gone metric. Will they ever allow FSD? No one knows.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
3) US has still not gone metric. Will they ever allow FSD? No one knows.
In 1975, Congress passed the Metric Conversion Act, which declared metric as the preferred system of the United States, and the U.S. Metric Board was created to implement the conversion. ... "Forcing the American people to convert to the metric system goes against our democratic principles," Grassley declared in June 1977.
America's only metric road - CNN.com

https://www.cnn.com › 2015/07 › us › metric-road-american-story

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did not pre-order FSD last week for my dual motor AWD. Several reasons are: FSD and Autopilot are likely to merge most AI software / hardware capabilities in 5 years. Second, I want to drive the Cybertruck, amap! Third, FSD videos suggest driver / steering wheel interface will become problematic in many situations, e,g. rapid turns. (Hence Elon suggested removing steering all together eventually). FSD won't handle off-road, or snowy or slippery roads, or blizzards or generally unexpected events (dense traffic) any better than AI autopilot. Better to keep hands on, brain engaged... When I'm unable to drive due to age in about 15 years. Then, I may consider buying FSD or its successor. I hope an AI-assisted steering wheel becomes standard on it.
Sponsored