Anyone else concerned with people doing stupid things to test the Cybertruck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I kind of wonder if this isn't backwards.

Should other people be worried about what I'm going to do to test out my Cybertruck?

Going 60 miles an hour on gravel roads? Check!

Blazing down a muddy road to try out traction control? Check!

Trying out the acceleration when merging onto the highway? Check!

Turning my truck into a giant gravel mud flinging accelerating onto the highway? Check!

Hitting the car wash with my muddy truck with gravel in the tires? Check!
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I can assure every person in this thread, especially those that don't currently drive big trucks; you will be staggered and amazed by the incredible stupidity of people.

Every day I have all of the following happen multiple times:
-have someone use my safety cushion as a 'passing space' only to slam their brakes suddenly
-gunning it to get in front of me because god forbid they get stuck behind a truck
-Cyclists being cosmically stupid
-people doubling up out of a stop sign to not get stuck behind a truck

That's just the short list. Something about a big truck just activates the call of the void in some people. It's why I'm almost more excited about FSD than I am about the truck itself.

Seriously,"MV+MV=0" is not a complex equation, but there are still people that think they're suddenly immune to physics just because a huge truck is part of the equation.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
You live in CA. That mostly happens when I go there. That's not normal here. Maybe because most truck owners in CA are also assholes, and everyone is trying to 1-up?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
You live in CA. That mostly happens when I go there. That's not normal here. Maybe because most truck owners in CA are also assholes, and everyone is trying to 1-up?
I can assure you, it has nothing to do with whether or not you're in a truck because sometimes you'll see people in lowered f-150s or Ford rangers doing similarly insane antics. I've just noticed this as somebody who drives a service truck hundreds of miles every day.

Considering how close I am to the front of the line for the dual motor, I'm sure there will still be a lot of people slowing down to gawk at my N64 truck driving along, so it makes me really glad that FSD and autopilot will track of where they are for me.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
FSD is truly terrible at dealing with retards. You and I look at them and classify them into styles/brands of idiocy, then act accordingly. The CA driver who will go 60, then 80, then 60 again. Mostly pacing cars then speeding up, so you can never pass, while staying in the left lane. The moron switching lanes repeatedly but still never getting ahead. Etc. I saw every brand of idiot possible on a recent weekend road trip, and had to just take over. FSD is too un-aggressive and would never actually commit to moves. Like the CA guy who would not move to the right, the car prefers to pass left, and won't do a right-left lane change and pass, with minimal distance.

Bitmaster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Unfortunately I'm going to have to be real with you guys. Even if it's unpleasant, I'm not gonna lie to you.

Teslas receive a lot of negative attention. CT is not only a Tesla, but a Tesla that is threatening what many folks feel makes trucks an American symbol. You will get negative attention, period.

In the time I've owned my model 3, I've had my bumper kicked in, eggs thrown at me, pissed on the driver door (yes, it's on camera ...), and been blocked at charging at my previous apartment. This is the past 14 months... And I live in southern California where Tesla is a common sight.
Oh! And I've received 2 false tickets, and I've only ever gotten 1 ticket in my 20 years of driving until I got my model 3. One for not stopping at a stop sign, which I did and proved it on camera (can show that footage of you want). The other for going 3 over, yes... 3 over. The stop sign one got the officer a pretty heavy reprimand.

Just want to prepare you
What kind of camera do you have?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Arizona and Texas are much nastier in terms of fatalities.
A different thing from people driving like idiots all the time. Look how they drive in Vietnam *and* they still survive. There are two different problems.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Vietname has 2700 deaths per billion passenger miles while the US has 7.

And the US is pretty high on traffic deaths. We just drive alot.

There are 115 traffic deaths per year per million people in the US compared to 104 in Vietnam

-Crissa

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Funny....

I feel the same way about so many clueless truck drivers out there. Some of the most aggressive and worst drivers on the road. I get the impression that when they drive something that big people get this sense of invulnerability which makes them feel free to drive like douchebags.
That may be true of the people that choose to get a lifted F450 super duty with vertical pipes and angel silhouette mudflaps, but I don't even think those people like themselves.

I'm speaking from the point of view of people that work out of the back of a truck on the daily and require it, not the weekend warriors that choose to have one as driveway decor and never have any scuffing on chrome wheel wells.

Status
Not open for further replies.