Anyone else have a truck that's still stuck in a containment hold?

OP
OP

cyberpunk64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
update, i went to the SC on saturday, and they almost gave me my truck, but something changed when they took it back to make the repair. they said i'd have to wait until they contact me.

i called them today, and they said, they'd call me back. just got the call that it needs to be detailed tomorrow and i can pick it up on friday!
Sponsored

jditom

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP 2023 LRMY CT second VIN in route
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Picking her up tomorrow it took 14 days after they got the truck.

84Apollo3

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
They told me yesterday that they are waiting on parts, the new pedal. I asked about putting the rivet in the current pedal and making a service appointment for when the parts arrive. Apparently, that will not clear the recall so can’t be done. Obviously, I’ve heard differently. He also told me that the fix includes a new pedal and a rivet which I think is ridiculous if true.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
It’s not the pedal fix. It’s all about vehicle prep. My SC says it takes 4-5hrs to prep so they can only deliver approx 2 trucks per day. They brilliant engineers but they can’t do the math of 30 trucks on the lot with 2 going out per day while 3 to 4 new ones get off the delivery truck. 🤦‍♂️
I love my truck and thankful I got it early after the rivet fix.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
2-3 hours of detailing time per CT is ridiculous.

What are SC’s going to do when CT production ramps up to 125,000 units per year? Current SC manpower are at minimal levels right now.

Ashton23

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Edition Beast ordered
Country flag
Does anyone have new info here?
The manager of my service center is supposed to call me today with an update- I’ll post the information if I actually get a call (my trucks been at the SC for 3 weeks:(

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
It’s not the pedal fix. It’s all about vehicle prep. My SC says it takes 4-5hrs to prep so they can only deliver approx 2 trucks per day. They brilliant engineers but they can’t do the math of 30 trucks on the lot with 2 going out per day while 3 to 4 new ones get off the delivery truck. 🤦‍♂️
I love my truck and thankful I got it early after the rivet fix.
that's what Long Beach CA service/delivery center told me too, 2 trucks per day, and that was before layoffs. and then quite promptly the first palm print was from the delivery advisor showing me how to open the rear driver door!

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I think there's around 300 Tesla delivery locations in the U.S.? I only see a global number, so this is a guess. They are open 5 days a week, so that means 600 Cybertrucks can be delivered per week with the current system. Either they need more people doing the work or need a better system, or else there's a 30k-ish bottleneck on deliveries.

Kellerbug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
It has been over six weeks since I got my Vin. First I was told truck was stuck in California awaiting transit to Oregon, then the pedal issue,. As has been with the case with everyone else it has been a nightmare to try to talk to a human being about what the delay is. They have told me it’s not in Salem, Oregon, and they have told me it is in Salem Oregon back-and-forth. Yesterday they told me it was on containment hold because there was a “scratch“ on the steering wheel and they had to order a new one. This is rubbish , communication is appalling, and they are untruthful at every stage. This is my fourth Tesla purchase and has been very discouraging and unsatisfactory.

Ashton23

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The manager of my service center is supposed to call me today with an update- I’ll post the information if I actually get a call (my trucks been at the SC for 3 weeks:(
No call - got a response via text saying nothing

Kryptek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Some guy was claiming his center quoted 10 deliveries per day and I quoted it and then got harassed. This 2 a day quote seems more like the average and even that is high

Ashton23

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Truck delivered! Was in containment nearly a month. Received a text and option for delivery populated. VIN 63xx beast. Rivet in Pedal. One panel minor alignment issue, windshield wiper sprayer barely working but OTHERWISE PERFECT 🤩. She’s a very clean truck- panels look great overall and I have an eye for detail. Interior was clean with no defects I’ve found yet. No rattles- awesome motor sounds :) GLTA
Sponsored