cyber61

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck order, previous Model 3
Country flag
On December 29th, 2023 I received a text from Tesla to configure my cybertruck. I went to the app but there were no options to configure other than order the AWD 2 motor or the Beast. I called Tesla to explain that I don't want the Foundation series truck at $100k. I'd rather put the funds toward the larger battery for the AWD series. I was told that, although the wait would be somewhat longer, I could do that when I receive the delivery text upcoming in the next few months. In the meantime, I needed to put down a non-refundable $1000 to secure my truck since I ordered it 4 years ago on the night Elon unveiled the truck.

Last Friday, I got another text for delivery of my cybertruck. I called Tesla and was told that I was not able to configure differently than the Foundation series. My only option was to cancel the order and re-order at the back of the line (over 2 million orders worldwide). I was very upset and decided to leave this until after the weekend.

Yesterday, I called Tesla again. Not only was I told the same thing about cancelling and re-ordering, this time the rep looked up the notes on my account. She told me that the notes from December say that I wanted to "opt in" to the Foundation series, not decline it for the standard version. This is an out and out lie. What's going on here? Why won't Tesla just move to the next order but keep my early order for the truck I originally ordered? I'm a former Model 3 owner (ex got it in divorce and a stock holder).

Can anyone think of a way to get the truck I want without going to the back of the line? I've waited 4+ years. If this was any other vehicle besides cybertruck, I'd walk right now.
Sponsored

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
The answer here is to do nothing.

Once the foundation series units are done being sold, Tesla will offer the regular units for sale. You do not need to cancel and re-order, or opt out of the foundation series offer or anything. Your place in line will remain where it is into the next phase, whenever that may be.

JHawkins

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People really need to learn the difference between "reservation" and "order".

This is not directed to anyone specific, but Tesla doesn't give a rat's ass if you put down a $100 refundable reservation deposit 4 years ago. So did 2 million other people. You are not special.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
On December 29th, 2023 I received a text from Tesla to configure my cybertruck. I went to the app but there were no options to configure other than order the AWD 2 motor or the Beast. I called Tesla to explain that I don't want the Foundation series truck at $100k. I'd rather put the funds toward the larger battery for the AWD series. I was told that, although the wait would be somewhat longer, I could do that when I receive the delivery text upcoming in the next few months. In the meantime, I needed to put down a non-refundable $1000 to secure my truck since I ordered it 4 years ago on the night Elon unveiled the truck.

Last Friday, I got another text for delivery of my cybertruck. I called Tesla and was told that I was not able to configure differently than the Foundation series. My only option was to cancel the order and re-order at the back of the line (over 2 million orders worldwide). I was very upset and decided to leave this until after the weekend.

Yesterday, I called Tesla again. Not only was I told the same thing about cancelling and re-ordering, this time the rep looked up the notes on my account. She told me that the notes from December say that I wanted to "opt in" to the Foundation series, not decline it for the standard version. This is an out and out lie. What's going on here? Why won't Tesla just move to the next order but keep my early order for the truck I originally ordered? I'm a former Model 3 owner (ex got it in divorce and a stock holder).

Can anyone think of a way to get the truck I want without going to the back of the line? I've waited 4+ years. If this was any other vehicle besides cybertruck, I'd walk right now.
Somewhere between you and the rep, you got things confused.

It appears that you ordered a Cybertruck. If you didn't want the Foundation Series, all you had to do is nothing.

Maybe if you had joined this forum when you got the Foundation invite, you could have found the answer. But since you waited only to complain, there's not much recourse.

So evidently you have received a VIN and are close to picking up you Cybertruck, Congrats!!

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
You failed, buy the FS truck or Tesla can force your hand and take your $1000.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag

Strange. You ordered a Foundation when you didn't want it? I'm confused.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Yea, that's what I'm hearing too. Why not just ignore the email then?
Exactly, that's what I did. Just waiting for the non-Foundation AWD, hopefully with a large pack underneath as well. I'll wait another year or two.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
"I'm confused, you acted upon wrong information that tesla provided you, that makes this your fault for not knowing it was wrong"

-everyone replying to this thread.

OP
OP

cyber61

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck order, previous Model 3
Country flag
Strange. You ordered a Foundation when you didn't want it? I'm confused.
I received a text from Tesla to configure my Cybertruck last December. I went to do that but the only option was for AWD or the Cyberbeast; not much else to configure other than future extra range battery. The AWD was $100k (Foundation series, no option for $80k non-foundation model). I called Tesla to inquire on this and was told I needed to put $1000 to lock in a Cybertruck since my reservation was made 4 years ago and many people have moved on. I would be able to configure the truck as I want when I get a delivery notice in 1-3 months ish. The call was very clear as to what I wanted and didn't want and how that would take place. I sent the $1000. I received the delivery notice last Friday and now I'm tole I'm locked into the Foundation series truck or I can cancel, then re-order at the end of the line.